Mining aspect idea.

Sm0key

(If this is in the wrong category please move. Thank you?)

I am a new player. A week old. I watched the new update. I understand the massive amount of empty space due to mining the planets is causing serious problems with memory usage, lag ect. To be honest I get to play a hour a day on the weekday. I love the feeling to come home from a very long night at work and just dig up some dirt to benefit myself and other players.

Alot of people don't like mining. I'm a grinder. Yes I realize there will be asteroids to mine. I am not a pvp player. From what I have been told they are few and far between and finding one in the safe zone is nearly impossible.

So here is my idea. Make 1 planet super far away. Roughly 1000su+. Make it minable. With a No territory right on the planet. Reset geometry every few weeks or months.

I am not a content creator. I supply them. I know about missions. It's not my niche. Just a thought from a player that has been looking for a game like this for a very very long time.

Edited by Axcen89
Not sure if in right category.

I think they just need more safe zone asteroids. T1 ore is used most to craft everything, and the logistics of mining and transporting the ore from asteroids to market or industry slows it down enough, no need to make it scarce so only a few early birds are able to mine them.

15 hours ago, Haunty said:

I think they just need more safe zone asteroids. T1 ore is used most to craft everything, and the logistics of mining and transporting the ore from asteroids to market or industry slows it down enough, no need to make it scarce so only a few early birds are able to mine them.

Yes as I understood there we only 12 asteroids to be mined recently...

With my idea you would see 40kt+ships running from space port to space port dropping ore to be brought to market. Yes not necessarily quick due to distance suggested and making sure to recieve a profit off expenses.

For such a heavy industrial game to lose the logistics side. Doesn't seem right. I assume new players will come in and only beable to harvest surface rocks until they earn enough to buy autominers.

This way organization's with the know how will be able to employ(heartily compensated NO SLAVE MINING AT MY ORG) and teach them the vast amount of information needed that the game has to offer. To set them on a path they would like to proceed in.

Let's be real. I'm new and have 47days of talent qued just for basic stuff. If it wasn't for how awesome the dual universe community is. I would of probably qued my talents in a way that would hinder my ability to do what I want to. The communication and friendliness in this game is unreal!!! This is the first game I have ever played that made me feel so invited.