Will NQ listen to feedback about the Demeter update?

CptLoRes

Will NQ listen to feedback about the Demeter update?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will NQ listen to feedback about the Demeter update?

• Yes, NQ will listen and increase minig yield and reduce/remove terretory tax.
    • No, the features will shortly be released as is with only minor bug fixes.

They may hear us, but they will not listen.. as per NQ standard operation procedure. 

Besides that, the avalanche of feedback based just on two days of PTS and the many questions raised by the vlog as probably too much for the few staff available to log, categorize, feedback internally, get responses, post those here AND get any changes done in time for the set release date for the pacth.

so both staffing limitations and general NQ policy say no..

58 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

They may hear us, but they will not listen.. as per NQ standard operation procedure. 

Besides that, the avalanche of feedback based just on two days of PTS and the many questions raised by the vlog as probably too much for the few staff available to log, categorize, feedback internally, get responses, post those here AND get any changes done in time for the set release date for the pacth.

so both staffing limitations and general NQ policy say no..

It's not really as bad as people are making it out to be. 

There have been similar responses prior 0.23, telling NQ in detail what will happen if they do that. And they did it. And it happened. I don't see a fundamental change in their behaviour. I expect them to do it again. When I read the list of proposed changes it even looks like they are destroying the game on purpose.

Did not vote because I think NQ will read feedback and discuss it in a meeting. NQ will then make changes for next weekend test session with an announcement and majority of players will not think the changes are good enough.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:45 AM, Lethys said:

If only the tax or upkeep would've been something NQ could build upon to make even more content for the game like....uh.....IDK.....freaking power systems Like promised. But nononononononononono, they go the ez route

But Lethys. That would be actual content. We don't do content here. 

Just gonna put out there, I don't remember auto-miners being promised during kickstarter, but I do remember Avatar vs Avatar combat and territory warfare ? 

I'll go a step further, and point out the trailer for the game has none of this stuff mentioned, but territory warfare is still in there ? 

tl;dw - none of this stuff is making me excited to play the game, when there are still glaring features missing (that are still advertised) to the point of being completely forgotten about by the community. 

I think main misconception from community about this developlment, that NQ still actually making game for players (so must be really bothered with feedback or do other things positivly contributing to overall success). 

I doubt it. As I see it, its now pretty much simulation of development/surivaval/waiting game for at least several years now. Like even latest conference video, look how sad they are, forced to pretend to be exited or something. Entropy face alone like "please, adventurer, end my misery". I doubt they (actually) have any faith left themeselves in what they are doing (everyone can see all 200-300 people still playing).

So, as long Quanta Nick bankrolls whole thing (why is another question), it will stay same. Just slowly make something that looks like development moving forward, with fancy named updates (changing nothing, or even making it worse) and keep your linkedin profile ready.

At least, its my impression of actual sad logic behind all this. Why its happening.

5 hours ago, yamamushi said:

Just gonna put out there, I don't remember auto-miners being promised during kickstarter, but I do remember Avatar vs Avatar combat and territory warfare ? 

I'll go a step further, and point out the trailer for the game has none of this stuff mentioned, but territory warfare is still in there ? 

tl;dw - none of this stuff is making me excited to play the game, when there are still glaring features missing (that are still advertised) to the point of being completely forgotten about by the community. 

What features are you wanting to see the most Yama?

English (deepl used)

Hello fellow players,

Yama has identified a very important problem: territory warfare! 1 week taxes on land would lead to conquests taking place at the beginning of the week (high server load).

As far as "automining" is concerned, there would be a tax for mining rights or per mining unit (amount according to tier level) and a production tax per end product machine that runs. This way, each player can control what he wants to spend his money on.

The original goals of JC were great!

The problem with the high yields from mining ore and blocking the tiles could also have been solved by deleting the "meganode".

The excuse that there is a lack of storage space (costs) due to the digging activities only shows bad programming (data sets have the wrong structure). The amount of data visible to the player is small! Without the bug that you can stick your head through the mesh, you would only ever see a small part. The large excavations of the bases remain.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

German (original)

Hallo liebe Mitspieler,

Yama hat ein sehr wichtiges Problem erkannt: Landeroberung! 1 wöchige Steuern auf Grundstücke würden dazu führen, dass Eroberungen am Wochenanfang statt finden (hohe Serverlast).

Was das "Automining" angeht währen Abgaben für Schürfrechte oder pro Schürfeinheit (Höhe nach Tierstufe) und eine Produktionsabgabe pro Endproduktmaschine die läuft. So kann jeder Spieler selbst steuern für was er sein Geld ausgeben möchte.

Die ursprünglichen Ziele von JC waren super!

Das Problem mit den hohen Erträgen aus dem Schürfen von Erzen und Blockierung der Grundstücke, hätte man auch durch Löschung der "Meganode" erreicht.

Die Ausrede das Speicherplatzmangel (Kosten) auf Grund der Grabaktivitäten ist, zeugt nur von schlechter Programmierung (Datensätze haben falsche Struktur). Die Datenmenge die für den Spieler sichtbar ist, ist klein! Ohne den Bug, dass man den Kopf durch das Mesh stecken kann, würde man immer nur einen kleinen Teil sehen. Die großen Ausgrabungen der Basen bleibt ja.

Die Waldfee