• Yes - I love paying taxes all the time

No taxes

or talents that reduce talents

or more scaling taxes

tax me nothing on my first non sanc tile

500k for #2
1mil for #3

then
a talent that reduces taxes on your first x amount of tiles for an organization you run 
reduce taxes 5%, 15 %, 25 %, 50 %
but it takes  like 5-12 months to unlock the 50% off tax

that way you can have a little corner of yoru world, if you work at it, but you have to pay to get some massive empire sprawl

18 hours ago, eviltek2099 said:

Need a 3rd option. Affordable taxes! because we really do need a reasonable way to clear out long time inactive or game abandoned player Zones!

You need a subscription at any time, if you don't have one, you lose your territory/constructs after 4 weeks. Done. No taxes necessary.

5 hours ago, Zarcata said:

You need a subscription at any time, if you don't have one, you lose your territory/constructs after 4 weeks. Done. No taxes necessary.

Territory and constructs on Sanctuary should remain in order to encourage players to return. Otherwise they will leave forever. In order to save resources these tiles might load clean (without terraforming or constructs) as long as the subscription is suspended.

If the rationale for taxes is to clear out inactive tiles wouldn't it make more sense to actually add FUN content so people come back and become active again.

It's obvious that NQ doenst actually play this game still. They think, rea life has death and taxes so they both have to be in game too? What?

So many changes starting with 0.23 only makes the game tedious. Paying taxes is suppose to be fun? Mining unit mini game is suppose to be fun?

Taxes may "solve" a problem but without the ability to physically mine the rewards of these mining units will be used to mostly pay taxes. 

Taxes in game destroy capital, remove content and slow progression. That money serves no real purpose it's simply cancelled. 

• 3 months later...

Damns....just some month not in game....and what? I just want to play some nice hours. But now I need to pay tax...all other claims lost and I standed with 150kh ....

I think, I can uninstall the game....it was before already hard to bring a small factory to work. But now seem I can only grind missions ? 

How ever, seem for me a no go .... I doesn't need a copy of current world again. I hoped, that people in future are intelligent.... may I'm wrong :o   

taxes do not help with cleaning out inactive hexes because everyone and their dog got five automatically assigned HQ hexes from NQ that are gumming up prime regions around the market places and player bases with stuff that hasn’t been touched since Demeter dropped. 

NQ’s tax isn’t achieving its main goal of cleaning out unused tiles or even sinking much revenue because most players don’t even play any more or even have to pay taxes in the first place and this will continue until KS/Alpha/Beta accounts are turned to paid accounts or deleted.