Demeter will probably Kill the game if it goes to live servers..

Hagbard

1 hour ago, Jake Arver said:

Personally, I set up my tile and my stuff in a way I can come back in once the game is at a level I want to. Right now, I'm just forced to pack up and move everything to Sanctuary.

Yeah, the name Sanctuary moon suddenly got a new meaning. It will now be filled with DU veteran refugees storing their assets in case they want to some day return to the game.

The whole idea of Beta-Soft launch was to enable players to create content before 1.0 launch.

That were basically that we players did work in favor for NQ creating content for their game. Nice thank you, these new taxes.

How this need to move assets to Sanctuary or space fit into that.

- Call To Action – Say NO to territory taxes - 

4 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Sanktuary or a Spacestation.

If this change happens as it's currently implemented, expect similar limitations be set for Space stations down the road... Because it doesn't solve the issue of to many constructs, I would even go so far as to say it would increase the problem drastically. Tiles would still be claimed (for mining), but instead of a central factory on the tile, we just have necessary static cores (for mining units and storage), a flat area and a bunch of space elevators up to the 'permanent' factory space station. In the end that just means way more cores to create safety for players. That is more data to store pay for by NQ instead of less.

13 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

You of course wouldn't mind showing us where that was mentioned... ?

The problem isn't so much that you have to pay upkeep, but that you can ever loose a tile due to unpaid taxes/rent.

It's not that it was mentioned (it was referred to on many occasions though), not having upkeep simply would not make any sense from a gameplay perspective.

As I mentioned, I also do not see the problem with losing ownership if you do not provide upkeep, in whatever for it comes. Many time, going back to the first mention of the TU during alpha, it was suggested that eventually there woudl be upkeep in order to maintain ownership, the only exception would be santuary.

What I have a problem with is the cheap (in a dev cost sense), disruptive and overpowered way NQ is now implementing this. And combined with the massive damage exploits have done (players sitting on literally billions of quanta), their "solution" is about as bad as they come. 

Many have posted suggestions over time on how this could be handled, a quick serach brought me to this one dating back a year.. and there is more and similar ones 

43 minutes ago, kulkija said:

So you proposing just hidden Territory tax in form of "upkeep payments". Still timer based easy loot.

Edit: Or did I understand it wrong. Sentence is too complex for me. English is not my native language.

If you want to put it that black and white, yes. And frankly, as with the introduction of Schematics, the idea is not the problem , the lacklustre way of implementing it is. Upkeep cost were always coming, not paying upkeep, in whatever way it is done, should have consequences. If you do not pay rent, you get evicted and if you run the risk of having your possessions confiscated to pay for the built up debt.

17 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

You mean you have not watched the last two NQ videos or paid attention over the past 18 months where pretty much every video has a reference to them having to cust cost and things being too expensive for them? The mining changes are brought in with one of the mentioned and direct drivers being the (financial) cost NQ incurs serverside on the current mechanic. I'd say NQ committing to just one weekend to test Demeter on PTS is another signal they can't afford to keep those servers running for longer.

Demeter is a crucial update for NQ, not opening the PTS for a good amount of time, allowing the changes to be properly tested over some time makes no sense other than not havin the means to provide that .. I see no other explanation but feel free to offer one if you do..

Can NQ still deliver the game they set out to create? Of course they can but the chance of that really s not very high. I do still have some hope NQ will make a fool out of me and make me eat my words.. And I wil lhappily do so if that time comes. But I do prefer to take a position of logic and common sense, based on clear signals and events.

--those who just dismiss anything I say outright may as well stop reasding here--

As you asked for "proof", here's my reasoning;

Facts:

• NQ opening up the game to the public with "beta" last year was at least to a considerable extent driven by the need to start making money, JC said as much in the announcement.
  • It was never the intention to go public until release (kickstarter/post kickstart campaign, backer pledges during (pre) alpha, every indication up to April last year)
  • The main investor replaced JC as CEO, taking over NQ in March this year
  • JC has since left the company entirely (as per a post by NQ-Pann)
  • The last injection of capital was June 2019 (NQ announcement and crunchbase)
  • NQ has a total investment of around 24M, including backer pledges, and has been running on that for about 7 years now.

A simple calculation would show you (on an optimistic budget) NQ will need to generate about 350K a month to just pay the bills.

Known factors:

• Office in Paris
  • Office in Montreal
  • Around 65 staff that we know of from LinkedIN
  • 24/7 fairly complex serverinfrastructure rented through AWS
  • At least two PR/marketing companies we know of
  • XSolla

The offices are (mostly) rented desks so those cost may actually be lower currently, which may well have alowed NQ some serious savings. But just the employee salaries will gobble up the majority of the 350K I am going with here, salaries in the Paris and Montreal areas are considerable.

There is no indication whatsoever that there was a new investment round or that one is coming. If it was/is, that would be a big positive and reassuring PR newitem to share, so silence here to me can only mean that here is none.

A reasonable and simple calculation from the above would lead to NQ needing about 50-60K steady paid subs to just pay their bills, and I am just not seeing those numbers.. There is 41K tiles claimed on Alioth and from a conservative number of about 20K backers and their alts or invited players on beta keys they handed out, none  of whom are paying a cent until release. The numbers are just not there.

So yes, while there is no direct proof for any ofthis, the circumstantial evidence, the signals and straightup logic would lead to a reasonable assumption NQ currently has some severe financial limitations at least. Of course I can always be wrong, but I see no reason to believe I am.

This is a pretty solid argument for what you're saying.  I dont think it's as dire as you paint it up to be, but it's clearly not a cash-flush free for all over there either.  All businesses make efforts to save money, be it fuel/employees/computers whatever.  Even profitable companies try to cut costs so I'm not as alarmed there.  The 350k number actually seems right and the valuation/fundraising seems about right with the 22mil figure, but again there could be other loans/financing/lines of credit that we aren't privy to, but we should assume crunchbase would have those numbers so for my taste the 22m is correct.  The catch here is they didnt start at the 350k monthly figure and likely didnt swell up to the 65 employees number until the last year or so, so that 350k/month  figure could have easily been 100k/month for the first several years, which buys them a little time with their cash on hand.   Very interesting numbers to arm-chair CEO this thing with.  Thanks for taking the time to put the facts/numbers together.  Makes for a good chat and gives folks some insight into the testing process we are all a part of.  Cheers.

Its all in the way they should have done upkeep/maintenance in the first place. 

It always should have been on useage not up front. For instance if you have an industry you should have to maintain it by how much you produce and by the grade of items you are making if you make a basic part it should have taken 1-5hp depending on the grade of basic up to unique when it came out. That would have made sense for larger orgs vs people just scraping by.

They could have done the same thing for maintenence of they had the upkeep system based on useage for flying either in space or atmo to where every SU your parts take damage by their grade of 1-5hp by grade on useage.

Useage based maintenance would have made much more sense than Tax based upkeep. You can go a step further and say tax should be based on what is on there by core size, elements, or voxels playing into the apraisal or the cluster size playing into the real estate land value or zoning based on an orgs goals.

I could also see that taxes should be based on the value of the ore on it. The more ore/pristine tile the more it should cost in taxes until it is depleted and since it is worthless should be non-taxable.

The thing is that 4mil per month per tile and the manditory 7 tile cluster to get a benefeit of the tiles now costs 28mil per month. For our 3 man crew we now have to fly 1.2 missions just to pay for one cluster not including the gas which brings it to 1.4 missions. Seeing as each of those tiles creates a L container every month or so we will eventually be forced to sell the ore just to buy the gas to do the missions to just keep our tiles not including space stations and other ventures we are in which will then force us to cough up hundreds of millions just to play the game and still not really even do anything in game.

Seeing as large orgs will buy up the planets in no time what will be the point of then giving them a cut of the cut of the abysmal gains in the first place to just play the basic functionality or miss months payments on something and have everything looted? 

None of this is fun. What I dont get is there will be nowhere for new players to settle outside sanctuary with some orgs or people having trillions+ at their disposal and just emptyness except for xs cores and however many miner units.

Honestly I dont really see the point in capping production per tile as NQ can now reset the ore whenever they feel like and you would think not having thousands more TUs everywhere with hundreds of thousands more mining elements everywhere would somewhat kill the performance gains they just got back from taking out digging.

The real crime here is that there is no onworld active mining solution in place to either play some kind of mini game of active mining to target ore faster then the steady drip of ore or to allow the player mining tool to just mine/sift dirt without digging and have the dirt give small amounts of ore from the tile.

Either way there is agoing to be a massive bottleneck of ore that will lead to mass inflation making it impossible to either find and mine asteroids if the large orgs siege out the smaller orgs with not putting anything in the marketplace and then turning around and stealing the now tax defunct properties after a couple months. 

I already didnt care for missioons or asteroid mining and rather enjoyed mining on world. Now that all of that is gone I really still dont care to do those things. Seeing as I was getting 1-4 containers per day and looking at 7 containers potentially per month per cluster and a 28mil per cluster tax cost perhaps its better if NQ forces me to stop playing this terrible game. Whats the point now anyways?

@FerroSC

You have a valid argument though I kind of go on an average there ove rthe 7 years.. which actually is well below the 350K.. 

But we'll have to see how it all plays out.

17 hours ago, Warlander said:

Its all in the way they should have done upkeep/maintenance in the first place. 

Absolutely correct, the problem is that NQ decided to advertiser their game as beta while it was, and still is, really knee deep in alpha stage of development. Everything we're seeing right now is textbook Alpha stuff.. add or remove elements at will, break stuff, test it, take it out and rework it.

The major problem is that NQ choose to let the public in while they were (and are) far from ready for that, but they never even tried to make the case for that. They pretend they are actually in beta, a stage where the game is expected to be pretty much complete to the point you need/want it to be and you focus on refining, bugfixing, polish and generally getting it ready for release.

NQ could have put proper power management in place before beta, we as backers provided them feedback and sugegstions on that many times. A lot of the issue we have seen since "beta" were well known and provided feedback on. NQ thought they knew better (and still do), basically pulling the "you just do not understand, just wait and see" card many times.

Now, it's crunch time and they have a few months left to release the game.. As NQ-Sesch himself said "We've been in beta for just about a year and have a few months to go" .. Well.. we'll see where that will end up..

Yeah MTU's should definatly be a thing. Perhaps ITUs as well as Industrial territory units or even RTUs as residental/retail territory units as well that carry different tax rates in addition to space TUs.

As it stands at some point im going to get either completely bored of asteroid mining or running missions and let everything I worked for rot and just never come back because everything is gone or they figure out the tax by how many mining units are on a territory and how much overall production a tile can actually output.

Considering you cant even get a box per day and every 35hrs you can do 10 mining unit refreshes per character with a chance at spawning basically the equivelent of a 4kl node that is somehow supposed to make up for the lack of ore aquisition.

Honestly I dont see what the point or difference is in how much you can pull out of a tile with 100 mining units on a single tile vs forcing people to buy up all the tiles on the planets to keep the same rate. At any time they can just refresh the ore pools whenever they want. It makes no sense to kill the game in the process or to not at least offer any sort of active mining on world whatever that is via sifting, just mining without digging, etc.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:10 AM, loaded said:

seems to me you quit long ago and your one tile on alioth could be paid by your daily login alone, i for one want the taxes system and get rid of all the quiters that have left there shit everywhere about time we had a clean up

Too many quitters means no sub money and even less for the remaining PVP crowd to shoot at.  No people to shoot at, remaining PVP leaves... even less sub money.  Too little sub money, no game!  The cash grab no longer worth it... game over.

Here's the way I see this on a basic level.  The voxel changes and automated miners probably should be an update... but with just those two changes alone, the devs will likely have their hands full with bugs they didn't expect.  I know THAT has never happened in this game before, but just hear me out.

The taxes and airbrake changes at the same time?  Not sure why NQ wants to smush that into the same patch and drive the remaining player base out.  Casual players, that already have a job won't stick around, and I feel for the ship builders that just went through having to fix all of their designs due to the stacking issues.  One day their ships are awesome... the next, they fall out of the sky.  I know if I was a designer selling blueprints, I wouldn't stick around.  How's that going to look, to the rest of the players, when major ship designers suddenly leave?

NQ seems to be missing the point all around and doesn't seem to have a finger on the pulse of the players.  What's currently there is a good start, but the current players, as well as former players are waiting for you (NQ) to DESIGN!  Show us something.  People like to build ships to "pew pew"... whether it's pvp or pve pew pew, that kind of thing kinda ties it all together.  Some players may not want to go out and shoot things, but a torn up ship gives the industrialists more stuff to make and sell.  More for the miners to sell to the industrialists. 

Show of hands... how many players out there are looking for the next Eve online?  I know I'd love to see a modern version of the best features of that game in it's hay day.  Anyone else want to go exploring space with your heart pounding because there is likely someone around the corner that could jump out at any second?  No?  How about selling your ships to those types that do? 

Territory warfare... Atmo pvp... avatar combat, and more!  All these possible things to be working on, and NQ is thinking "Taxes".  It's like you're getting ideas from American political news channels!

While the game is a sandbox, and players do generate the content, the players shouldn't be responsible for ALL of the content!  You (NQ) want to get players off the sidelines and start paying subs again?  CREATE!  Show us something new in the game.  Penalties, Nerfs, Taxes... and giving them named releases?  Give the players a reason to play, and THEN start gradual tweaks closer to release... like territory taxes and actual airbrake functionality.

However, yes... I agree 100% with the thread title.  If this goes live, the game will start a tailspin that it won't recover from.

I started up a month before 0.23 hit... I had a blast, but then I had to walk away; looking at my workshop and knowing how much effort it would take to get the blueprints needed to do my designs was just heart-breaking. But that's in the past.
My sub stopped that day, but I've kept an eye on the forums since.

When I saw the announcement about the changes there was one thought that went through my head: so they fixed one issue that spelled doom for the long term prosperity of the game (resource depletion) and replaced it with a new problem that threatens the short term life of the game? (taxation... now don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed in principle, but it doesn't make much sense lore wise, especially on the fringe planets)

The bit about the massive overhead of all the tunnels made me chuckle a little; I figured that one out 5 minutes into the game; It must have been a facepalm moment when the realisation finally hit home, but they could have fixed it easily by just having a process that runs at set intervals on the dataset and "collapses" tunnels. After all, you wouldn't open up a mineshaft in real life and expect it to stay open without reinforcing the tunnel system, it would just collapse. 
The rules are simple: "x" distance from surface collapses after certain time; If a player construct is close by then do not collapse.

I don't really understand what the taxation is supposed to fix, so I won't comment further on that. Most of my stuff was on sanctuary anyway. I did build a house on a nice beach property that I'll miss if it goes. the tile was hollowed out before I ever got there, but the view was fantastic ?

/Just another observer... for now

24 minutes ago, StaticAstraeus said:

I don't really understand what the taxation is supposed to fix

Abandoned properties. A money sink.  Gets people more involved in the game as they either need to log in everyday, Do commerce, Do missions.   And its always been intended that there be territory taxes. Infact  you can go back several months, almost a year ago when NQ was showing off the first elevator. And JC was like and they are paying a monthly fee on those territories, to which he was corrected that we were not, and he was like well we need to fix that. 

1 hour ago, StaticAstraeus said:

I don't really understand what the taxation is supposed to fix,

Territory tax Enables automated cheap loot. Even when you have active subscription.

Why NQ is planning this? No idea...

- Call To Action – Say NO to territory taxes - 

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/23750-poll-about-territory-taxes/

1 hour ago, RugesV said:

Abandoned properties. A money sink.  Gets people more involved in the game as they either need to log in everyday, Do commerce, Do missions.   And its always been intended that there be territory taxes. Infact  you can go back several months, almost a year ago when NQ was showing off the first elevator. And JC was like and they are paying a monthly fee on those territories, to which he was corrected that we were not, and he was like well we need to fix that. 

I was talking more from a technical stand point (like the tunnel issues), but yes I can see how having old inactive accounts hogging tiles is an issue. It's more about gameplay than infrastructure? 

Taxation seems like an uninspired way to go about it though: anyone that's been at it long enough won't even notice it (deep pockets) and it isn't very lore friendly (not that there is a lot of that to go around)

Adding a cap to how many territories you can hold would be easier. You could play it off as some sort of administration "skill" that only lets you handle so much bureaucracy. You want more tiles past a certain number? Pay up for the training to increase your cap. Cost rises exponentially, or something like that.  

Now the fun bit would be if you had power mechanics associated with the TCU's. (a long standing dream at this point)

Loss of power due to inactivity doesn't lose the territory, but the protection. So wildcat miners can swoop in.

Edited by StaticAstraeus
typo

This will not help with performance as much as they believe because it will herd a lot of players onto Sanctuary and keep them there indefinitely.

Higher player density in one area will increase cost and reduce performance -- especially for new players. 

It will make new players travel further for a claim rather than making more tiles actually available, and the rest of the worlds will feel ghostly and pointless.

Why bother exploring these graphically meh worlds post Demeter...?

There's nothing you can do -- fewer constructs to scope out (although we still don't know what will happen to constructs when taxes aren't paid?!), no cities ever, no nodes to find...nothing to find in general. 

It will be a game of flying from A to B with no sense of adventure at all except a hideously boring and poorly balanced combat system that most players avoid. 

They made a really bizarre combination of choices with Demeter that will only make it harder for new players, will not really improve performance thanks to Sanctuary clutter, will eliminate the desire to resubscribe, and will leave players with even less to do (which is saying something). 

From a game design perspective, there's no logic here....Unless the plan is to add micro-transactions so you can pay real world money for a tax-free hex, which....have fun with that, NQ. 

I also need to raise my voice against the planned demeter update.

I also try to give you some example that comes in my mind how to handle it on another way.

1. bringing in Mining units (yet buggy) and removing the ability to mine ressources on planets

1.   what content you create for those many miners out there? - the would leave the game also those guys who doesnt want to craft or play industrialists would leave the game, casue you force them to craft to get ressources
  2.   you bring so much advantages for pvp-orgs cause they can control and own (similar to known recent big org domination) the   asteroids which give good amount of ore
  3.   for everybody, once they have an okay-amount of mining units they can not do much more but wait; maybe till they got enough extracted ore to build anything, or quit game cause of boringness
  4.   mining units should be an addition to get passive income (with maintaining costs and the minigame if you like)
  5.   IF you are 100% sure to remove the ore veins on Alioth and want an surface-wipe, then think about other options like having 2-3 pvp-zone-  and 2-3 non-pvp-zone-planets where you can still mine ressources but for example arent able to place static constructs (advantage: bringing people together to go out mining with one big ship, bringing in more playermissions to bring their mined ressources to alioth, giving more pvp activities if they risk to mine at pvp-zone-planets

2.  tax of 1m per tile is too much

1.  thinking about IF you stay with the 150k/day (which was said is only for christmas time 1 year ago :D )and IF a player is able to log in EACH and EVERY day, then this player can BARELY pay the tax for just ONE TILE                                                       how would a player be able to maintain his tile when he doesnt got much time to play throughout a week or doesnt have any  industry? (is the only answer and option here "mission running"/1-5hours flying through void to earn some money on the  other side if he doesnt get shot?)
  2.  taxes for tiles are good and needed, but not like that.     maybe with an percentage towards the amount of tiles you have in total

3. brakes changes

•  you advertise a game with being able to do and build all you want to.... sadly -you force people to rebuild whole armadas of ships -you force people that way to make ships ugly again -to have an element-meat-shield in space -to not be free in your designing....    
  • The initial thought is fine, that also brakes, airfoils, also the end of an engine, needs to be free of obstruction to work. BUT then give players the ability to enhance one element. e.g. if an players crafts 20 stabilizer L and merge them into 1, this 1 should get around 70-90% of the total stats of the 20 merged stabilizers. This brings so much more freedom of designing ships.. also a good minigame(wheel of luck) and ALSO an consumption of elements - which is so much needed for an mmo with its own player-driven-markets!!

Finally i need to say its cool and positive that since some weeks/months we can recognize an ongoing change in the development of the game and mostly with positive (longterm) changes, thanks so far, but

Please overthink these big points before you just launch it and AGAIN not listening to the community (like its handled since alpha (premonitions about wipes/markets/ores))!

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english
Greetings Alias (playing since Alpha)

31 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

we still don't know what will happen to constructs when taxes aren't paid?!), no cities ever, no nodes to find...nothing to find in general. 

If a tile goes unclaimed and has static constructs on it- the next person to claim the tile can "requisition" (NQ's wording in game) constructs. I tested this on the PTS.

On 10/30/2021 at 12:04 AM, Hagbard said:

- the imbalance between experienced players/orgs and new players would get worse and even more players would demand a wipe or simply not enjoy the game

While I was for year mocked as negative [insert bad word] whistleblower, I actually think NQ is secretly planning wipe for some time, pretty much from start of Beta.

Just like butcher, keeping it bit of secret from 4 legged friends, until its time.

So they even interested to make it as bad as possible, then "oops, you see guys how bad it is, we really need wipe, ok?". 

10 hours ago, Alias said:

I also need to raise my voice against the planned demeter update.

I also try to give you some example that comes in my mind how to handle it on another way.

1. bringing in Mining units (yet buggy) and removing the ability to mine ressources on planets

1.   what content you create for those many miners out there? - the would leave the game also those guys who doesnt want to craft or play industrialists would leave the game, casue you force them to craft to get ressources
  2.   you bring so much advantages for pvp-orgs cause they can control and own (similar to known recent big org domination) the   asteroids which give good amount of ore
  3.   for everybody, once they have an okay-amount of mining units they can not do much more but wait; maybe till they got enough extracted ore to build anything, or quit game cause of boringness
  4.   mining units should be an addition to get passive income (with maintaining costs and the minigame if you like)
  5.   IF you are 100% sure to remove the ore veins on Alioth and want an surface-wipe, then think about other options like having 2-3 pvp-zone-  and 2-3 non-pvp-zone-planets where you can still mine ressources but for example arent able to place static constructs (advantage: bringing people together to go out mining with one big ship, bringing in more playermissions to bring their mined ressources to alioth, giving more pvp activities if they risk to mine at pvp-zone-planets

2.  tax of 1m per tile is too much

1.  thinking about IF you stay with the 150k/day (which was said is only for christmas time 1 year ago :D )and IF a player is able to log in EACH and EVERY day, then this player can BARELY pay the tax for just ONE TILE                                                       how would a player be able to maintain his tile when he doesnt got much time to play throughout a week or doesnt have any  industry? (is the only answer and option here "mission running"/1-5hours flying through void to earn some money on the  other side if he doesnt get shot?)
  2.  taxes for tiles are good and needed, but not like that.     maybe with an percentage towards the amount of tiles you have in total

3. brakes changes

•  you advertise a game with being able to do and build all you want to.... sadly -you force people to rebuild whole armadas of ships -you force people that way to make ships ugly again -to have an element-meat-shield in space -to not be free in your designing....    
  • The initial thought is fine, that also brakes, airfoils, also the end of an engine, needs to be free of obstruction to work. BUT then give players the ability to enhance one element. e.g. if an players crafts 20 stabilizer L and merge them into 1, this 1 should get around 70-90% of the total stats of the 20 merged stabilizers. This brings so much more freedom of designing ships.. also a good minigame(wheel of luck) and ALSO an consumption of elements - which is so much needed for an mmo with its own player-driven-markets!!

Finally i need to say its cool and positive that since some weeks/months we can recognize an ongoing change in the development of the game and mostly with positive (longterm) changes, thanks so far, but

Please overthink these big points before you just launch it and AGAIN not listening to the community (like its handled since alpha (premonitions about wipes/markets/ores))!

Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english
Greetings Alias (playing since Alpha)

imagine all the advertised ships in the past which would not even look likewise they were initially if they need to reposition their elements(brakes for now)

not only the tons of community ships, also many of your own designs (which are shown at website, youtube, insta-

posts...)

what would they look like without their good looking outer voxel designs o.O

grafik.thumb.png.6c11c5642a00265c544f48837af4eb0c.png

What NQ/DU needs more then anything else is more customers/players. So not even NQ would consider making the game worse on purpose..   right?

On the other hand, what really get to me is their inability to execute anything in a sensible fashion.

Having some kind of mechanics that will free up inactive tiles is actually a good thing. But their implementation is truly and utterly bonkers, and riddled with so many obvious problems that it is mind blowing they are even considering it for the live servers.

1. As long as players are paying the subscription, they should own their own constructs. This was after all supposed to be a persistent building MMO universe. In fact this was the number one selling point of this game during the Kickstarter. An inactive tile means the players has stopped paying a subscription, not that they have not logged in the last week and done their daily chores as dictated by NQ (which is something that goes directly against the "make your own game" motto of the initial game premise).

2. The main feature of this game is building. So please NQ, for the love of... Stop making road blocks for people who actually want to build. You are now directing a large percentage of player time and building resources into just maintaining tiles.

3. Not everyone is a billionaire. I have been playing this game since day one, and currently I have something like 20mill in my account. I don't care about building a financial empire, running missions or grinding just for the sake of it. I just need enough resources to do my building experiments, enjoying the game the way I want, when I want to. All in accordance with the "make your own game" premise you said we should be able to do.

So any frequent login requirement for chores and territory tax above some symbolic sum, means I cannot play my game. And is in effect a death sentence for me and I suspect a lot of the solo creative players. You know.. The people who actually make interesting content for the game. Content you are now trying to remove from the game..