Call for Demeter-related questions

NQ-Pann

4 hours ago, K3NADIAN said:

Unable to use mining unit with patch in Demeter Update. Spent Several hours in update. Have reported bug in in-game bug-report method but for some reason that was not the appropriate method Kept Getting Unauthorized Request. Multiple Bugs encountered while placing mining unit. If this is the replacement to mining then it needs to be looked at.
The demand for bug reports to be put on a public forum to is absolutely unacceptable. Disgrace... Accept the ticket from the in-game method that you provide! Or change it to a forum link. Pretty easy... Dont send me a email back telling me to report bugs here. Take the feedback. dont give me more work!!!!! 

Desktop Screenshot 2021.10.29 - 23.57.36.76.png

Had this happen several times all I did was pick it up and put it back down and it fixed it also it didn't seem to change the calibration as the tile is calibrated not the miner from what I have seen from putting several miners in the same tile

So as my First Sergeant in the Army use to say I can't even make this stuff up, I started a miner the day the PTS went live and just checked the container it has 1800L in it. You have got to be kidding right there is no way this is going to support anyone in this game currently. Look I know and I have seen the other players trying to sell this with there analysis and showing off how they could make millions of quanta a week but looking at this set up there is no way and no way you are going to convince me other wise the proof is in the pudding on this one.

In advance - I know that we have to always expect that specific log entries will be gone some day and have no rights on keeping them.

Anyway asking doesn't hurt.

Background:
i made a site https://www.dumap.de that is available for free for the complete DU community to manage their scans and share them with friends and fellow org members. It is currently used by almost 200 people storing around 30k scans.

And yes i know you improved the ingame visualization, but sadly i have to say it's not enough to manage a few thousand scans or even share them with friends /orgs

For this site i made a companion app that completly automatically send scan results of just made scans to the site which is working wonderful with the current production build logs.

With the PTS version i still have log entries for
- scan start
- scan end
- scan ::pos link
but there is no log entry anymore for the ore pool results discovered by the scan.

We will have to reenter our old scans by hand already (for me thats something above 5k scans) and without this logentry we will also have to enter all new scans manually. Which really is very inconvenient.

So on behalf of my site and those almost 200 people that use/used my service i would like to ask if it is possible to readd/create this log entry so my companion app will be still usefull and make the life of scanning people more convenient.

Btw if there is a chance to get the values of old scans in the inventory to the log i know several people that will be very happy if i could add those old scans from the log or by ingame copy&paste of the result to my site and reduce the amount of work needed to walk through all those old scans ;)

8 hours ago, K3NADIAN said:

Unable to use mining unit with patch in Demeter Update. Spent Several hours in update. Have reported bug in in-game bug-report method but for some reason that was not the appropriate method Kept Getting Unauthorized Request. Multiple Bugs encountered while placing mining unit. If this is the replacement to mining then it needs to be looked at.
The demand for bug reports to be put on a public forum to is absolutely unacceptable. Disgrace... Accept the ticket from the in-game method that you provide! Or change it to a forum link. Pretty easy... Dont send me a email back telling me to report bugs here. Take the feedback. dont give me more work!!!!! 

Desktop Screenshot 2021.10.29 - 23.57.36.76.png

It may be possible to get this error for multiple reasons, but I did figure out one reason it happens, and perhaps it will help you. Regardless, this is something that NQ needs to address to make using the mining units more user friendly.

So what can happen is that you might have a player owned hex with an org owned core on it. Really, it can be the opposite, it just needs to be a different hex owner vs the owner of the core. 

Then you place the mining unit on the core and try to mine, and you get unauthorized request because the org that owns the core does not have permission to use a mining unit on that tile. This is the key point -- the player is not what is getting the permission checked -- it is the owner of the core. To get this scenario to work, you need to create a policy for the owner of the hex, add the org that owns the core as an actor, the mining unit right, and the tag for the hex.

There really needs to be an easier way to make this work. I get how RDMS works and I was able to troubleshoot this issue, but that is a lot of hoops and many people will not understand why this doesn't work. You own the hex and the org you are super legate of owns the core, but it says you are unauthorized. Clearly RDMS is working like it should, because the org indeed does not have access to use a mining unit on the tile. Expecting people to figure this out and set it up on their own is a big ask however.

The tax per tile is good if lowered it will set in more inflation and people will want lots of tiles each .

Airbrakes are good my ships are fine builders just have to think more.

Amount of charges for miners could be doubled at least so can recalibrate more if have say 50 on 5 tiles.

Can we mine surface ore on unclaimed tiles ( to help new players also pay for tax)?

Can we have more safe zone asteroids with small amounts of T3 for warp cell production if not warping may fade to hardly being used ?

The tax and mining rates currently seen in PTS (assuming I've understood them correctly), make it virtually impossible for a single player to earn enough and the game will become unplayable. The mining units are difficult to operate, it took me many attempts to set one up just to get it to work, never mind the "calibration" minigame. Some of the error messages with the mining units weren't helpful. One example, I got an "unauthorised access" error message on a tile which I owned but the static construct was org owned. It turned out that I needed to tokenize the static construct before I could use the mining unit. Is there a tutorial on placing and using mining units? If not, it would be good to see one.

Please either reduce the tax rate or increase the ore mining rates. I've seen mention of having one "free" tile per planet, as per current rules, which I agree with. 

38 minutes ago, CaptainGnome said:

The tax and mining rates currently seen in PTS (assuming I've understood them correctly), make it virtually impossible for a single player to earn enough and the game will become unplayable. The mining units are difficult to operate, it took me many attempts to set one up just to get it to work, never mind the "calibration" minigame. Some of the error messages with the mining units weren't helpful. One example, I got an "unauthorised access" error message on a tile which I owned but the static construct was org owned. It turned out that I needed to tokenize the static construct before I could use the mining unit. Is there a tutorial on placing and using mining units? If not, it would be good to see one.

Please either reduce the tax rate or increase the ore mining rates. I've seen mention of having one "free" tile per planet, as per current rules, which I agree with. 

1 free tile per planet sounds good. Tax the rest. 

DEMETER mining review and balancing

Firstly, the purpose of DEMETER is very relevant, saving resources and bandwidth for NQ and making farming less tedious for players. 2 very laudable objectives.

But let's take a closer look at the numbers and the various values that we can see on the PTS.

1) a flat-rate tax for each territory and indeed the ONLY way not to ruin the economy, with large organizations, or multi-accounts which could colonize hundreds of tiles while still escaping the tax. It is therefore the right choice.

2) the amount of the tax:
it seems quite reasonable, in 1 hour of mission we earn enough to pay more than a week of tax, the biggest players / organizations will indeed be able to have the biggest territory, but at the price of a perpetual effort, if the revenues / workforce decrease, they must reduce their empire, that's perfect…

3) the calibration tokens:
First small downside. This is a physical limitation to the number of mining units that a player can use effectively, and indeed it is a very good idea to avoid any abuses and keep the economy under control. On the other hand, the rate at which they accumulate is far too fast. Currently, to use them effectively, they must be used every day. It is too frustrating as constraint. it would be necessary to reduce their reloading speed by 2 or 3, and reduce the rate of loss of efficiency of mining units of the same number. The current mechanics seem balanced, it's just the frequency that needs to be reduced.

4) the rewards of the territories:
This is the biggest problem. Without PVP you have to be very attentive to values so as not to destabilize the economy. The goal is that a perfectly exploited territory can generate income, while if it is badly exploited, it costs money. This is the only way to self-regulate the size of empires without PVP.

What is a well-exploited territory? A territory where the yield bonus has been maximized with adjacent territories, and a territory where mining units are running at full speed 24 hours a day, calibration redone regularly, container emptied etc ...
This is all about doing an activity that some will want to take the time to do, and thus generate income to buy new industries, or new ships. While players who are not at all interested in management will be able to do without it altogether.
Our first estimates indicate that in a perfect world, the cost of T1 minerals could drop to 11 quanta per liter which seems quite reasonable, but for that it is necessary that the territory produces 500L / hour permanently. And it seems very complicated, here are examples of situations where we cannot be in the ideal situation, and the cost of minerals will explode.
- some territories do not have enough minerals, or many minerals in small quantities and will only provide 100 l / h or 200l / h
- if a territory produces 150l / h of a metal, a mining unit placed with all the skills will extract 125 / h and with the calibration token system it is inconceivable to use a mini unit and a token to collect the remaining 25l / h
- it will sometimes be necessary to claim uninteresting territories just to have the bonus of adjacent territory on a tile.

Here are some ways to rectify this.

The number of mining units that a player can efficiently exploit is already limited by the calibration system, and the mining unit extraction capacity. The triple limitation (players / mining units / territories) makes balancing and correct exploitation too complicated.

It is therefore necessary to increase the quantities of minerals in the territories, so that the choices of the position of the territory and the type of minerals above are determining criteria, and not mainly the quantities.

here is a concrete example
a territory has a pool of 1000l / h of minerals
T1 ores count for 1
T2 minerals count for 2
T3 ores count for 4
T4 ores count for 8
T5 minerals count for 12

here are some examples what it would give:
T1 ores
(223l / h HEMATITE - 328l / h BAUXITE - 98 l / h COAL - 351l / h QUARTZ)

ores T1 and T2
(237l / h HEMATITE - 198 / h BAUXITE - 213l / h COAL - 96 / h QUARTZ - 256l / h NATRON)

ores T1, T2 and T5
(110 / h HEMATITE - 108 / h QUARTZ - 13 / h NATRON - 63l / h ILLMENITE)

The presence of high third ores therefore greatly reduces the presence of the other minerals, no mining unit will be able to run at full speed on this type of tile but it offers T5.

i hope numbers in new mining  game mechanic are just placeholders. Tax for territories could stay only if player can mine at least 300K liters of T1 ore with average territories and no skills for autominers and milions for the best territories otherwise there would be no reason for future conflicts.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, J-Rod said:

Also, I think when you place a mining unit it should not start at 0% calibration. I have to use calibration charges just to start it?? Seems wrong. Minimum calibration needs to be bigger than 0%. Not much but just something even if its only 10 %, there needs to be a minimum that isn't 0.

I'm fine with calibration being required to start a mining unit, but I would request that I not actually be able to start the mining unit when 0% calibration means 0L/h production rate. I did this on PTS; I started the unit without calibration not understanding that "production rate" was a value that should be non-zero immediately after starting the unit.

Conversely, if 0% calibration means no production, then the mining unit should stop when it reaches 0% calibration.

I don't understand why the production rate value is only populated when the unit is running when it is just a calculation of base * efficiency * (1+adjacency) * calibration; all values you can clearly see before starting the unit. The "running" status and a progress bar are enough to tell me the unit is on.

I don't understand why there is a calibration lockout time per mining unit when there is also a rate limit on charge generation. There are too many timers, and they are too long. Let me spend as many charges as I want on a mining unit until I'm happy with the calibration; just use limit of charges to moderate my ability to calibrate!

Also, agree with the taxes being way too high. I agree taxes are useful as a forcing function to turn materials into quanta and thus create market activity, as well as a means to force decay (which is badly needed). They just can't turn the already tenuous "game" into even more of a grind fest.

As far as the airbrake change, it should have been done a long time ago, just like fixing the ability to stack elements. So I get it, but I agree with others that there are way too many elements that need too much line of sight. Wings (via flaps) and retro-rockets are also capable of producing countering forces in atmosphere! More elements should have some ability to produce thrust in different directions depending on the need; maybe they aren't as efficient at it, but it should be an option.

1 hour ago, willolake said:

I'm fine with calibration being required to start a mining unit, but I would request that I not actually be able to start the mining unit when 0% calibration means 0L/h production rate. I did this on PTS; I started the unit without calibration not understanding that "production rate" was a value that should be non-zero immediately after starting the unit.

Conversely, if 0% calibration means no production, then the mining unit should stop when it reaches 0% calibration.

I don't understand why the production rate value is only populated when the unit is running when it is just a calculation of base * efficiency * (1+adjacency) * calibration; all values you can clearly see before starting the unit. The "running" status and a progress bar are enough to tell me the unit is on.

I don't understand why there is a calibration lockout time per mining unit when there is also a rate limit on charge generation. There are too many timers, and they are too long. Let me spend as many charges as I want on a mining unit until I'm happy with the calibration; just use limit of charges to moderate my ability to calibrate!

Also, agree with the taxes being way too high. I agree taxes are useful as a forcing function to turn materials into quanta and thus create market activity, as well as a means to force decay (which is badly needed). They just can't turn the already tenuous "game" into even more of a grind fest.

As far as the airbrake change, it should have been done a long time ago, just like fixing the ability to stack elements. So I get it, but I agree with others that there are way too many elements that need too much line of sight. Wings (via flaps) and retro-rockets are also capable of producing countering forces in atmosphere! More elements should have some ability to produce thrust in different directions depending on the need; maybe they aren't as efficient at it, but it should be an option.

In video they said minimum calibration will be 20-50%, not less. So as i understand, you can once calibrate and it will work forever.

@NQ-Pann I'm curious why there hasn't been any interaction by NQ regarding all of the seemingly negative feedback around this update. 

Why ask for questions or feedback at all?

NQ said some time ago that they would try to improve when it comes to customer communication...it doesn't feel like that effort has really materialized at all. 

Like I actually agree with the idea behind most of these changes, but the implementation seems way off. That's exactly where player feedback should be helping NQ but there's never any two-way communication so we have no clue. 

So if they NQ are so hell bent for leather and decide to keep this update as is an push it out without any or minor changes then the following items mentioned MUST be increased:

1. The amount of ore per tile or as you NQ have it in the update the amount of ore available in the pool and the diversity of that pool in addition to the amount of each type or tier  

2. The amount of safe zone asteroids 12 to X number is not going to cut it, there needs to be at least 20 to 50 per week 

3. On the subject of asteroids have chance weekly that an advanced will spawn in the SZ, I understand rare and exotic in PVP space but give new players a chance at those higher asteroids with higher tier ore

4. If you all are bent on keeping the taxes that high per week then not only do the above but also increase the payout and number of SZ (safe zone) missions. 

5. In addition to these above suggestions and in line with taxes increase the daily payout to 250,000 this will incentivize players to log in and give NQ a chance to give the taxes back to the community and spur the economy.

Or

You (NQ) could do none of these and ignore the countless other suggestions and comments barreling full steam ahead to the rapid end of this game.  You have something great and it can be made better, as I have said you are not going to please everyone all the time its a give and take. The community is very diverse in this game and that is a good thing for everyone I have met people from all over the world in my time in MMOs. I mean think about it this way we are all coming together to achieve a common goal when is the times of this world we live in does that happen in any one persons country. 

Some of us come here to escape the stresses of life, whether it be our job, family issues or the many other things any given person could be going through we come here for community, fun, creativity and for some a chance to belong to something bigger if you so choose to be in a massive Org. Please listen to the community and give us feedback that you are listening and you are looking at these comments as you have asked us to do so many times.   

Today it is possible that several solo players have a large main building shared on 3 tiles. This means that you will directly impose on him 3 Millions per week whereas today he was building quietly in his corner. The price of the tax is much too high and the problem with this tax is that money disappears from the games, it is not money that passes between the players.

Then today you started with the reasoning that the mining unit would generate ore that would be sold to generate money to pay for the tiles. What happens if the mineral market suddenly collapses? This method of generating kantas would then no longer be possible and there would therefore remain the missions, thus forcing the players to do missions.

We must find a fair balance between everything then either it is the increase in the quantities per tile and go from an average of 250l / h to 2500l / h for example or then we must greatly review this tax.

The advantage of the ore veins was to give a boost to the seekers when there was for example a great need for voxels. Today there are asteroids to hope to release a large quantity of minerals or the market but still there must be some kantas in the pockets of the players.

An important request that should be updated quickly: A "streamer mode" which would hide information such as the name of the asteroid where we are digging, this reveals our position for pvp players ...

For me, this thread is all theoretical, because I (along with other GeForce Now users) cannot access the PTS. So, just as a reaction to what's been said:

1.  Don't wipe the old scans. Just make them useless by re-randomizing post-Demeter ore placement. Reset the ground and the ore in the ground.

2.  Definitely scale the ore obtainable with the "tax" on each tile, so folks are able to do what they want to do in the game.

3.  Gradually phase in voxel/element obstruction, give us a roadmap to obstruction changes so that we can prepare, and be generous with what will be allowed. Otherwise, ships will become dictated solely by functionality rather than balanced with aesthetics.

4.  Figure out a way to get input on proposed changes from people who access DU through GFN. Ideally, find a way for us to access the PTS.

This is going to be a long post!

Questions

1.       Is this the ore pool balance per tile we can expect when Demeter goes live? A ‘primary’ ore with a relatively large pool, then moderate to minimal pools of the other planet ores types.

2.       Is this the ore distribution pattern we can expect? Many I have spoken to have noticed ores in ‘Zones’ across the planets, where swathes of a particular ore is the primary ore pool per tile over significant numbers of tiles.

3.       Is the ore pool shared across tile boarders? Some have noticed ore pools being impinged on by extraction from neighbouring tiles.

4.       Are higher tier ores (T4 + T5) being deliberately excluded from planetary ore pools, and into asteroid mining gameplay?

5.       How is NQ planning to prevent large organisations from claiming large swathes of tiles, from the advantage of current territory scan libraries held by them & huge wallet balances, thus disadvantaging the rest of the player base from finding ‘good’ extraction rate tiles?

6.       How is NQ going to prevent the control of the mining unit manufacturing market by larger organisation that have access to the higher tier ores needed to produce the higher tier MU’s, that can then restrict open market sales of those MU’s, thus restricting the access to the higher tier ores and effectively controlling the higher tier ore market?

7.       How is NQ going to manage the expected significant reduction in ore availability to general gameplay, whilst the player-base train the required talents and set up their allowed number of MU’s, to restart the flow of ore through the game economy?

8.       How is NQ going to manage the expected significant ore price inflation that will result from the changes to mining, first from the near dead stop of ore production while MU’s are set up, then from the artificially capped extraction rate of ore, from the use of calibration charges?

9.       Will the number of asteroids, both in PvP space and the safe zone, be increased and if so by how many? And will the spawn time of asteroids be staggered over the week, rather than all at once on a weekend?

10.   What is NQ’s expected time frame for the new player experience, going from first spawn-in, collecting surface rocks, setting first base, creating/buying first ship, claimed tile expansion, reaching space, inter-planetary travel, asteroid mining?

Problems

1.       Having a primary ore, especially T1, severely restricts the ability of new & solo players from establishing a ‘home base’ from which they are able to grow from and then expand to new territories. It confines them to simply extracting the primary ore, then having to sell enough of it to buy the other ore types needed for expansion. This will limit how quickly a player is able to progress in the early game, thus reducing the likelihood of player retention.

2.       Having zones of primary ores places another limit on new and solo players, like in problem 1, that they are not able to gain the resources needed to expand in what would be considered a reasonable gameplay time frame. It also allows larger organisations to claim large swathes of territory, potentially shutting out new / solo / small org players from large regions of the planets, forcing them away from markets, so increasing fuel cost and playtime to reach said markets to sell goods and progress.

3.       Allowing neighbouring tiles to pilfer across tile boarders will obviously reduce the ore pool for the tile owner. This will only lead to the reduction in the overall ore extraction, as people will not want to waste MU’s on tiles with only partially remaining ore pools, and it will also create player animosity to the game mechanic, especially in densely claimed areas, like the market rings.

4.       By moving higher tier ores off planets, this restricts the higher-level gameplay attainable for players not wanting to be involved in asteroid mining. Even by retaining a small amount on planet, akin to rare mineral deposits, these tiles will quickly be found by large organisations with their territory scan libraries, and so claimed within days of the update, shutting new / solo / small org players from that level of gameplay. Forcing a gameplay loop is not a sandbox.

5.       While the implementation of a tile tax is intended to prevent players holding tiles without ‘using’ them, or at least incentivise their use for mining or industry to cover the tax, large organisations have the wallet resources to maintain their hold over significant swathes of multiple planets. These orgs also have the player numbers to rapidly data mine their territory scan libraries to find the best yielding tiles and immediately claim those tiles within the first days, if not hours of the update. This will shut out all other players from decent yield tiles, effectively producing two tiers of players, one who scrapes by on low yield tiles and purchasing ores from the large orgs or open markets, and the large orgs who will be able to control the ores market setting whatever price they want.

6.       Having MU’s require the tier of ore they extract in order to build them will allow player groups who have access to those tiers of ore to control the production and sale of the mining units for those tiers. Combined with the level of control large orgs can bring to bear on the ore markets, this has the potential to shut out new / solo / small org players from that level of gameplay. It also goes against the current manufacturing meta of a ‘Basic’ industrial element can produce the ‘Uncommon’ version of the element being made, the ‘Uncommon’ industrial element can produce the ‘Advanced’ version of the element being made, etc. This meta allows progression up the industry gameplay levels, whereas the manufacturing requirements of the MU’s does not.

7.       The expected significant reduction in the ore extraction rate whilst the mining changes take effect are already impacting the gameplay, with speculative market price inflation and ore hoarding taking place. With scarcity comes restriction of growth and knock-on price inflation across the market, restricting gameplay options and progression.

8.       The introduction of Missions showed the impact that can be inflicted on the game market by the reduction in the global ore extraction rate as players moved away from mining to a more afk and profitable gameplay loop. At first the scarcity of ore will drive price inflation way faster than the spike seen with the introduction of Missions. Then by putting an artificial cap on the global extraction rate, ore prices (and so all other market prices) can and likely will be controlled by the few large organisations that establish territorial hold over large swathes of tiles with good pools.

9.       The number of asteroids currently spawning at any point in the game, be it PvP space or Safe Zone is insufficient to ‘fill the gap’ expected in ore supply whilst the new MU’s are being established. Additionally, given the potential for significant territory control by large orgs on good yield tiles once the MU gameplay is established, even T1 ores will be in demand from asteroids. With the low spawn numbers and the ‘all-at-once’ spawn mechanic, this severely limits the player base to where and when asteroid gameplay occurs disadvantaging those players that cannot for whatever reason play at those times.

10.   If the new player experience takes ‘too long’ to reach the point in gameplay where they are able to choose what sandbox play they want to pursue, then player numbers / retention will suffer, especially if the opening gameplay is days/weeks (/months?) of just collecting surface rocks and hoofing them to market before they can even afford to expand beyond their Sanctuary tile.

Possible solutions

1.       Have T1 ore pools be more balanced in each tile. While a primary ore type can still be present, the other T1 ore pools need to be similar, in order to allow new / solo players to establish a ‘home tile’ from which they can expand, without reliance on ore markets that have the potential to be controlled / dominated by large organisations.

2.       Reduce the size of planetary ore zones or completely randomise the distribution of higher tier ores per tile – though while keeping the per planet ore type distribution currently in game. This will prevent the domination of ore types by larger organisations and allow new / solo / small org players to find higher tier ores nearer to their home bases, whilst still incentivising players to expand to other planets to find ore type not available on their home planet.

3.       Ore pools must be restricted to the tile they reference in the territory scan – anything else will just encourage griefing across tile boundaries. And if NQ think ‘our player base is better than that…’ I encourage you to look at the amount of ships with glitched element still being sold / used in PvP, the number of players with large numbers of alts abusing the Mission system to gain massive wealth, the players using the terraforming tools to grief their neighbours, etc.

4.       Retain the small chance to find higher tier ores on their respective planets as currently. This is still potentially subject to large orgs finding and claiming these tiles immediately following the update, so shutting out higher tier extraction by new / solo / small org players. A possibility is a rng spawn of higher tier ores in the extraction cycle of a lower tier MU.

5.       a) Implement the increasing pricing scale for the tile taxation amount, as is currently used of the TU deployment cost. Currently the TU deployment cost is of little significance to the large organisations, as they have the wallet resources to soak up the one hit up front cost of deploying high numbers of TU’s. Implementing rising tax rates for the number of claimed tiles would go some way to limiting the reach and control of large orgs over swathes of territories, as the cost then become recurring currency sinks.

5.       b) Wipe all current territory scans – it is the only way to set a level field between orgs / players with large scan libraries and the rest of the player-base.

6.       Implement the manufacturing meta seen across the rest of the game to the manufacture of the Mining Units. This will allow progression of mining tiers, as is currently available to industry progression.

7.       Temporarily introduce market bots to sell ores at ‘reasonable’ market process to cover the scarcity gap. Reduce the quantity available on the market as the MU gameplay becomes established, then remove them at the 45day mark when most invested players will have the MU talents trained to Lvl4.

8.       For long term MU gameplay loop either remove the calibration charge cap, allowing charges to accumulate unrestricted, therefore allowing as many MU’s to be used as can be started with a charge per player – or allow the charges to be traded on the market, so players that do not get involved with the MU gameplay loop to sell them and make money, and also allowing players involved in MU’s to increase the amount of MU’s they are able to run.

Or a more drastic change – just remove the charges all together and use the calibration mini-game to determine extraction efficiency. This will then put the global ore extraction rate burden back onto the player-base, as determined by the amount of game time they are willing to spend on servicing their deployed MU’s.

9.       Increase the overall number of asteroids spawning in the game, both in PvP space and Safe Zone, and stagger the spawn times throughout the week to allow players to choose when they involve themselves in the asteroid hunt gameplay loop.

10.   The tile tax burden must not be set so that it restricts the new / solo players from expanding from their first tile. This leads back to the solution of a rising tax rate per number of tiles claimed. The principal limitation of a player’s expansion, should this update be implemented as seen on the PTS, will be the dominance of large organisations over the ore markets. If the ore price burden is too high for players to progress to building / buying their first / next ship or tile – due to the rate of which ore can be collected from the surface, verses the amount of time required to collect sufficient ore to progress – then the majority players will not continue and the game will stagnant, or worse….

I hope NQ realises the scope of the changes they are proposing and the potential damage to the game that can come from them. It will only take small tweaks to existing gameplay mechanics and the proposed numbers of the Demeter update to ensure the damage is mitigated and we are presented with a well-structured game that fulfils NQs vision and give players a rich and enjoyable universe to explore and build.

In the new update, players will not be able to use the build mode in pvp.

Will players be able to fly in a build mode without the ability to build and modify something?

Would it be possible to leave Alioth on a lower tax bracket?

Will there be any lua apis for mining units?

Will there be better airbrakes added, such as exotic airbrake L, which could be made with T5 materials, be less weight and more powerful to compensate for the pain we're about to feel?

What will happen to unpaid tiles? And constructs on them...

Why do autominers only work with the same tier of ore, is this intentional? Other factory machines have been able to make the next tier up, and everything below.

What is the timeline for going to live?

Hello everyone and thank you all for the questions that were asked,

There is a very large amount of feedback for us to go through, so please bare with us and we will try and address some of the questions that were asked in this thread.

I would like to remind you all that this is a question thread where we are trying to collect questions for a Q&A.
The majority appears to have been direct opinions and feedback, in future please keep things in their designated threads as it is one of the reasons why it can take us a long time to loop back to you as its more for us to sift through and process. You're feedback is also more likely to get lost in the masses of different threads that way. :)

2 hours ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello everyone and thank you all for the questions that were asked,

There is a very large amount of feedback for us to go through, so please bare with us and we will try and address some of the questions that were asked in this thread.

I would like to remind you all that this is a question thread where we are trying to collect questions for a Q&A.
The majority appears to have been direct opinions and feedback, in future please keep things in their designated threads as it is one of the reasons why it can take us a long time to loop back to you as its more for us to sift through and process. You're feedback is also more likely to get lost in the masses of different threads that way. :)

In the Q&A can NQ clearly lay out the conditions and time lines from a territory going default on payments to another player claiming the territory and any possible take over of the previous owners constructs. Maybe an idea to put this info in an e-mail blast also ?

13 minutes ago, Physics said:

In the Q&A can NQ clearly lay out the conditions and time lines from a territory going default on payments to another player claiming the territory and take over of the previous owners constructs. Maybe an idea to put this info in an e-mail blast also ?

I do not recall that they said that after territory is released, former players property would also be released. They said that "bad things may happen to those constructs".

If all property is released it will create huge amount of bad blood and cheap loot.

Question to NQ:

Please clarify what happens to constructs on territory if territory is released.

Question 2: Is it "fair play" if player has active subscription and game mechanics (territory taxes) releases ownership of players property tile and constructs?