Call for Demeter-related questions

NQ-Pann

If there are massive changes to the mining mechanics we should all start new. Existing scans should not work for the new system of mining. The large orgs will claim all the available good tiles within the first day or two. They should have to go scan new like everyone else.

Taxes on territories are way too high considering the cost to buy a tile is 140 000. Now I pay 7 times as much PER WEEK just to keep owning it. INSANE. Taxes need to be 1/4 of this or smaller.

I like the direction that is being taken with auto miners but the taxes will ruin the game if they are left this high.

Also, I think when you place a mining unit it should not start at 0% calibration. I have to use calibration charges just to start it?? Seems wrong. Minimum calibration needs to be bigger than 0%. Not much but just something even if its only 10 %, there needs to be a minimum that isn't 0.

A little less cavalier, less cheezy, more poof. The current meta will not win subs.

Disabling brakes on first of two weekends to test, to locate terrain issues to report on lands, breaking space factories, eliminating income from minining until paywall is breached.... risking everything on a not so entertaining meta minigame that will never provide enough resources for a modest personal factory.

Referral subs on hold times five gang. 

Another thing that needs to be carefully considered is the intended outcome of these changes?

1) Reduce operations costs - check

2) Increase or Decrease supply of ore?

#2 is what we care about from a gameplay perspective. Ore is the foundation of the game since everything we make requires ore. Restrict ore supply and we have nothing to do or everything simply costs too much. Bad.

I hope NQ works to find balance with ore yield so the changes don’t strangle the game any more.

Hi, I am giving some feedback on the new construct limit thing. 
I must say it is possible to reach higher fps than before, however this is only when in a stand-still
The second I begin to move my camera I get way lower fps from 24 to 9. Given that most of the time I am moving my camera to look around I feel this hurt in performance a lot.
To be honest no one needs high fps on a still image.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Please note I am using a GeForce GTX 1080ti and Ryzen 5900x - 12 core processor clocked at 4.5GHz

28 minutes ago, J-Rod said:

If there are massive changes to the mining mechanics we should all start new. Existing scans should not work for the new system of mining. The large orgs will claim all the available good tiles within the first day or two. They should have to go scan new like everyone else.

Taxes on territories are way too high considering the cost to buy a tile is 140 000. Now I pay 7 times as much PER WEEK just to keep owning it. INSANE. Taxes need to be 1/4 of this or smaller.

I like the direction that is being taken with auto miners but the taxes will ruin the game if they are left this high.

Also, I think when you place a mining unit it should not start at 0% calibration. I have to use calibration charges just to start it?? Seems wrong. Minimum calibration needs to be bigger than 0%. Not much but just something even if its only 10 %, there needs to be a minimum that isn't 0.

I whole heartedly agree with this post. The scans should be eliminated and everyone start fresh. Not doing so will again only benefit those who are at the top due to meganode finds. Why give them another boost from the same thing. Let them and everyone else start fresh. If not than "tax the higher yielding ore tiles higher while reducing the taxes on lower performing tiles. New players to this game are going to be screwed which means no growth for the game.

2 hours ago, Orth_Tanic said:

Is Biden running the show? 1 M a week for tax's that is way to high do away with tax's and keep it how it is I would rather pay a high price upfront to not be taxed. That and people have real lives sometimes people might not be able to get logged into the game and then when they come back they will owe millions in tax's 

Not good tax's suck in RL no need to have them in a game. I have played other games that required tax's to be paid to keep land and it killed not only me but entire clans from playing it.  Looking at that I have I am not sure I would even be able to afford keeping what I have had for over a year now. I don't really see myself playing a game where all my time is used up to make sure my "tax's" are paid. I been all in 100% with DU but this change may make me rethink playing. 

Tax's can be a HUGE game braker. The only way you will be able to survive is if your in a large Org with a large cash flow the solo player and smaller orgs will die and people will stop playing. 

Would you be this anti if it was called "maintenance fees" instead of taxes?  I agree the amount is a bit too high, but the point of the tax system was to keep tiles from being locked from inactive players.   I think there is some math to be worked out, but I think the reason behind the tax is a good reason, just needs some math and some patience to listen to the community, but it's not a game breaker.  If anything, it's a game helper to make tiles available to new players, or existing players who are trying to expand.  Also, to your last point I think driving the real.estate market I to the hands or organizations is kind of the point, to encourage cooperate over isolation, but it might be a misguided idea.  

I don't have a question as much as I have an observation I have been in the PTS (amazing I could log in) for about 5 minutes and that is all it took for me to look at scans that had say T4 and T5 on them to realize this is garbage HOT garbage in fact. Some of the scans even show T5 on them in the PTS but zero L/h produced this is unacceptable and I am sure I am not the first person to see or say something about this.  

Lets look at some of the basics.  Ore generation is tiny compared to what it was.  You could easily mine 100KL in less than an hour of T1 now this will take days.  I know you can have multiple territories but even with talents this idea of auto-miners will see you being pushed to asteroids for the ore fix.  Ore inflation is already at crazy highs and to be honest its shame even from previous feedback NQ just ignored it and carried on.

PvP is still broken unless by some magic you fixed the issues already highlighted? 

Airbrake changes not sure who knew this change was coming (I didnt) but so many constructs broken!.  Sadly you need loads for large ships to be viable so either make them more powerful to make them viable or look to otherways otherwise you'll end up with ugly ships again :)

Taxes - dont mind it but cost is high especially if your solo, who does this benefit?

Scans - Delete them render them useless then everyones equal.  Yea I got over 2k scans..... i'll be a sad panda but seems more fair.

The ore rates are to low compared to the mining we're losing. The taxes are way too much. I don't want to play this game to just get by and pay my taxes. I can do that sh*t in real life.

And then screwing up 6/10 of my ships with the absolutely pointless changes to brakes?  Seriously... why? To make ships uglier? Good work, NQ.

If you're looking to make this game a grind... you're on the right track.  I've become disenchanted with DU lately because of all the bugs that aren't getting fixed. Example: How long have we not been able to fit canopy windows together properly?  I really thought this update was going to be a step in the right direction - getting rid of the boring necessity of mining and giving us the ability to have a steady amount of ore to build the world.  Taxation was exciting because it gave us the prospect of getting back some of the tiles from players who have abandoned the game.  Instead we get a new grind for less ore and a steady drain just to maintain the infrastructure we've built up to this point.  And a bunch of ships that don't work.

I know the people at NQ don't really care if one guy decides not to play the game.  And I also know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I feel like we're at a critical junction right now and I'm not optimistic.  What a truly disappointing day this has been.

Q: Will the taxation per hex be reduced to an acceptable amount? (Suggested: 1 mil per month not per week) It feels like the price is set with purely auto-mining in mind while the territories are used for other things: like racetracks, train-lines, bases and works of art  (voxel or dirt works).

Is the plan to force players to move back to sanctuary or space?

To be honest, I don't like this mini-game with the mining units. When I think that you have to do that with every one of these units, even every area - no, please don't! That's even more annoying than normal mining in the ground. I ask at least for an alternative possibility to this "game".

Q: Where is the “D” in RDMS (Rights and Duties Management System) to help with paying the exorbitant territory taxes?  Until the D comes, the territory taxes should definitely be reduced. It can always be bumped up again later. But right now it’s not sustainable. Image land owners being able to charge rent for those living in their territory. Or renting out ships. Or services.

linked containers seem to be bugged on PTS. i just flew to my space station 130km above my base and my linked container (which is 130km away) ist still being displayed/is accessible. So free mass transport over any distance?

If 1 million per week per tile then -> Ore supply is going way down + Quanta supply is going to become a puddle -> No more ships being produced because no money exists to buy them

PvPers aren't going to be happy because targets won't exist anymore

I really don't like PvP here... but this makes me feel bad for players who do.

The main issue is that this is going to cause a massive decrease in ore produced. This will also destroy the money supply at a far greater rate than the npc missions could ever counter-act at current mission payouts.

The money sink is way too large! Even if large corporations wanted to pay their members, no more quanta will exist to actually pay them. Production of goods is going to stall because no quanta exists to buy goods and everyone will save up for schematics... which will destroy even more money.

Without either increasing ore supply with more asteroid rocks or multiplying the npc mission rewards by 10x, this is going to cause the post-schematic market crash.

4 minutes ago, Hagbard said:

linked containers seem to be bugged on PTS. i just flew to my space station 130km above my base and my linked container (which is 130km away) ist still being displayed/is accessible. So free mass transport over any distance?

Quick! get them missions in! ? Honestly NQ can’t let that kinda bug slip past PTS anymore otherwise it’s game over for any hopes in not getting a full wipe.

So I find the hotspot in the mining minigame that said 100% full score. But I only get 57% calibration gain with a bonus of 14%. Why don't I get 100% efficiency gain. Also why is it called "gain" if it turns out to be the actual efficiency that is only 57L/h. Also why is it called "Base rate" if in reality it's the "Max rate". I feel cheated out of my achievement of finding the hotspot. Getting less than what feels like should be the "base" or minimum rate. I think clarity is important here and what does the calibration bonus mean or come from and what is this Ore quantity value. So many questions! I also think it's important that when you do well in the minigame you feel like you actually did well and not get less than you might expect. Very anti climactic. And what is that white thing in the top middle of the screen? I do really like how the minigame works though.

1283560145_2021-10-29(8).thumb.png.a9178109afb45b833cf7ab1f182b9b41.png

3 hours ago, Hagbard said:

resolving the problems would probably not be too hard.
here are some suggestions:
1. territory costs should be cheap for the first tiles.. then increase exponetially.. stop the possibility to have players claim unlimited number of tiles using orgs/suborgs.
2. delete all existing scan results and make it a lot harder to identify the mega tiles. make it impossible for single orgs/players to claim a high quantity of them. we've seen players finding patterns before, scanning full planets and being able to claim all undiscovered mega nodes of high value within months before.

I somewhat disagree with point two. I haven't invested time in scanning, but if NQ made old scans useless, you would have literally thrown away tens of thousands of hours of other people's time who spent the time finding meganodes before. Maybe the best solution would to give a "hint" as to what the tile has, but not the actual values, but no one in NQ would have implemented something like because it's work that is only a temporary compromise.

I have an issue with the Taxes.  I believe the current initial costs will be fine.  Maybe increase a little.  But the 1 mil a week per tile is too much.  I run a public race track and own 8 tiles.  That's 8 mil a week and I don't charge for people to use my stuff.  This is untainable for me and would drive me out of business then most likely out of the game.  I don't produce anything when it comes to money making schemes.  I spend my quanta on building things to support DU racing.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, J-Rod said:

If these figures are indicative of the taxes to be paid on all territories, I will not be able to continue playing the game.

I will have to pack up all of my bases. I have one on every planet and moon because I am an explorer and have enjoyed the game as an explorer but the taxes will force me to bring everything I have back to sanctuary and just hang out there until the game goes live.

If there are taxes on all territories, including the first on each planet or moon, I will not be paying to play this game.

I backed this game because it promoted itself as appealing to many different styles of players but it is turning into a game where money is more important than fun.

19 minutes ago, EasternGamer said:

I somewhat disagree with point two. I haven't invested time in scanning, but if NQ made old scans useless, you would have literally thrown away tens of thousands of hours of other people's time who spent the time finding meganodes before. Maybe the best solution would to give a "hint" as to what the tile has, but not the actual values, but no one in NQ would have implemented something like because it's work that is only a temporary compromise.

I own a fair amount of scans. I was able to read through a lot of them and find which tiles had value and which was worthless. This is a significant advantage over people who don't. And since the ground content is reset people with scans will have an insane advantage over anyone else. For such a resource reset it is important to put everyone to the same level. At first I was happy with me keeping my scans but when I realize that minutes after getting into the pts I had goen though all my scans and found which ones were valuables I realized how unfair that was.