Update your OST for crying out loud!

Shaman

The ingame ost is terrible. I had to say it. (and ive said it before) Not like I don't like the music or anything, but after hearing the same 4 tracks repeated over and over again you get reeeal sick of it super fast. I know you guys have an employee working on the music, you can hear it in the new trailers, so why can't we hear the absolute bangers like these in game / during PvP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UaYZeXHJ6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7QF0QsjkY8

because of the lack of variety I usually keep my music muted, keeping me in an eerie silence.

why must you hurt me this way nq?

2 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

No, it costs NQ money to stream it ... because it's traffic.

What are you carrying? What kind of traffic? OST is stored on your PC and played by your PC from your disk, there is no server traffic here .. It is a complete nonsense of people who do not understand how it works. Or do you want to say that music is transmitted to you from the server all the time? Are you seriously?

9 minutes ago, Feriniya said:

What are you carrying? What kind of traffic? OST is stored on your PC and played by your PC from your disk, there is no server traffic here .. It is a complete nonsense of people who do not understand how it works. Or do you want to say that music is transmitted to you from the server all the time? Are you seriously?

I don't know. Maybe it is ... who knows. Or at least the "updates" when to play what are sent from the server, I don't know.

7 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I don't know. Maybe it is ... who knows. Or at least the "updates" when to play what are sent from the server, I don't know.

nah, it would be a complete waste of server memory. its probably just timed on the client like how every other game does it. did you guys seriously think that game's osts are streamed like a podcast to your PC?

31 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

There is a menu to turn of music. Use it. 

Spending money in the OST is definitely a non-priority. 

my point is that they are definitely paying someone to make music for their trailers, so why can't they do the same for the in game ost?

12 hours ago, Feriniya said:

Where is this music stored? SFX are there sure.. So are UI sound elements. Mu in gam emusic is not stored locally..  Feel free to show us otherwise.

And I actually reinstalled to verify, just incase I misssed something.

53 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Where is this music stored? SFX are there sure.. So are UI sound elements. Mu in gam emusic is not stored locally..  Feel free to show us otherwise.

And I actually reinstalled to verify, just incase I misssed something.

it could be encrypted, stored somewhere else, or anything. wherever it is though it is stored locally, you can prove this by turning off your wifi when in the login menu.

6 hours ago, Shaman said:

it could be encrypted, stored somewhere else, or anything. wherever it is though it is stored locally, you can prove this by turning off your wifi when in the login menu.

Does the music change to different tracks in the OST there when you do that or do you just keep the one short loop that is part of the login screen as is the normal way in which these kind of games handle that?

But it's really not a big deal. So let's drop it..