Talent Point Reset - Demeter

i2eilly

Vote On Talent Point Reset After Demeter Update.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What do think should happen to talent points after Demter update?

• Refund Only Mining Talents.
    • Full Reset Of Talent Points.
    • Nothing.

As stated in the video showcasing the Demeter update a talent point reset or some kind of reimbursement may be on the table for us.

Some players may never mine again due to auto mining and some of the talents like scanning range really don't have a place in the game after Demeter.

They stated that if enough players wanted this it may happen, then they would consider it.

I for one am for a talent refund, what do you all think?

Given the last changes made to PvP, shields, HC made by NQ and the changes made by players being less active in general, a full respec would be great.

I think a paid respec option would also be a good opportunity for more income for NQ in the long term.

If we get a full repec, should we also be forced to rebuff all constructs? I say yes to this as well, but I don't have a good reason other than I think it would be fair to new players. But could also see this being more work.

We didn't have any talent point reset after NQ changes on the 2 previous updates (which really broke all of PvP).

I don't quite understand how to justify a reset for this mining stuff when it has a lower impact than the 2 previous updates.

So yeah if talent reset: either everything or nothing.

8 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Direct quite from NQ in the Demeter video comment section.

That is only one of the things that they said. The creative director said "we still have mining", while the other devs said that a global talent respec is possible, just not a case-by-case, and something along the lines of that if enough people wanted it they would consider it.

8 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

Direct quite from NQ in the Demeter video comment section.

Yes but in the DevBlog video they did say 'that it is something they could consider'.  I did not randomly think of this, it is also a direct quote from NQ.

That is why I created this topic to discuss it and also so NQ can see the playerbase's opinion on the matter.

Please.
Is it so hard to bring a general talent reset into play that is triggered by the player himself by paying 2,500,000quanta and then has a time surcharge?

1. resett 2.500.000quanta
2. resett 5.000.000 quanta 
3. resett 10.000.000 quanta
4. resett 20,000,000 quanta

If you wait 1 month, the time surcharge resets and 2,500,000quanta is started again for the new month.

20 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Please.
Is it so hard to bring a general talent reset into play that is triggered by the player himself by paying 2,500,000quanta and then has a time surcharge?

Maybe the best solution would be to add an option for everyone to reset their talents against ingame currency.

See for example the game New World where you can do this .

mm I guess a full reset would also mean we can get rid of useless talents in other areas too so thats a perk.

• We also dont know how mining talents will be affected yet i.e the mini game,  roid mining etc.

In my opinion, this isn't so much a balance or design issue...it's a basic customer service curtesy.

If you're changing so many skills, you need to give beta testers a way to reset them. Beyond good customer service, it's a basic case of "help them help you".

Considering how many buggy talents they've had, you'd think they would want testers to be able to use them right away... ?‍♂️