Discussion on the new vlog and changes coming

jkspartan

I like the vlog info please keep that coming, this helps on many fronts to give players expectation management of what changes will be coming to the live server. The changes coming with this update I feel are going to be welcomed by new players for sure in the long run but may upset some older players. I for one welcome these changes as I have been playing for about 8 months and I do a mix of tasks over the course of my game play, I may mine for a bit then hunt for asteroids or build bases etc etc. 

I would welcome a talent reset as I think many would so they could re-spec into these new mining changes coming with this update. Other players may see a talent reset as a pain but over all this will benefit many players new and old. 

The tool talked about at the end is super nice as I know my few bases are underground and I have many friends that have constructs underground, thank you for thinking ahead to solve these issues with regards to that.  

We need to generate as much discussion about this prior to the update so the players and NQ can have meaningful dialogue about these changes and any issues seen or unseen can be discussed early on.  

I get the benefeits of performance and why that was necessary. Du really needs a performance upgrade for sure.

The immediate economic impact:

• 2400-3000L per day per tile does not make up for the loss of being able to mine 300kl+ per day per character with the immediate need for mining elements that will be in short supply with a rediculous price tag that will be drastically inflated that every character will suddenly need potentially hundreds since there will be no mining elements that you can just drop 1 down per tile for 100-125L of ore per hour.
  • There are not enough asteroids for the ability to play day to day with the sudden mass influx of people mining asteroids or the loss of ships from PvP losses compounded by the drop in ore production overall since surface rock mining is wholelly inefficient to keep up with the demands of industries that are again going to be kneecapped in this update.
  • Mass inflation again due to the lack of production of items or that existing prices are going to skyrocket until equilibrium in the marketplace is achieved.
  • The addition of property tax further cutting into potential profits or max output of ore production and items manufacturing potentially needing a reqork.
  • The already high cost of space fuel now being doubled since asteroid mining wont be enough to suppliment ore aquisition and missions being the only game in town to gain money to buy fuel that will be dramatically decreased due to the ore drops making travel ever more costly since now you have to make fuel over other parts/elements.
  • Lack of useful byproducts for recipies.
  • This update pretty much kills 30mil worth of exp needed for a whole talent tree so that industrialists dont have to mine just because they have 4 talents vs multiple mining branches.

What needs to happen as far as mining:

• 1: Mining Talents need to apply to surface mining rocks since speed or amount gained for surface mining has never applied up to this point.
  • 2: Surface rocks need to have a range of sizes added to help suppliment gains between the size they are now and the boulder props that cannot currently be mined which are the size of base ore nodes or 4kl nodes.
  • 3: Since you cannot dig in tiles you dont own after this update there needs to be a sifting element added to the game so that you can go to the tiles you dont own and still dig dirt even if you cannot tunnel in the tile and take the dirt and run it through a sifter to get random amounts of ore via sifting.
  •  4: Adding all ores to all planets in the form of surface rocks or ore pools on tiles while still maintaining the larger concentrations on planets so that all planetary bodies are able to fight in pvp years from now.
  • 5: Since ore pools are now just numbers the amounts should be drastically increased so that there is no tile hopping needed for 5-10 years of living on a tile. If not random mega tiles.
  • Changing tile scanning should be changed to scan for 1 type of ore at a time and if there is the potential for all ores on all planets it could take a signifigant amount of time to get the whole picture vs just mass scanning crews claiming everything under the sun via sniping then clustering around the mega tiles once they have all been identified since large orgs can scan whole moons in 24hrs or planets in a weekend.
  • An element that can be attached to dynamic cores that runs on some kind of fuel to still mine ore pools even if you cant physically dig that is faster than passive mining. Along with some kind of hand held tool that does the same as the dynamic core that runs on fuel but is hand held.

Mining Talent Changes that are needed:

• 1: The mining tree as it is now is pretty much fubar as it takes 30mil exp which now does not really matter.
  • 2: There needs to be talent branches added per ore tier 1-5 for both speed and amount with each ore added in each branch.
  • Sifting talents added for speed of sifting and how much ore is extracted from dirt.

I would have called this update system shock personally or malace of afterthought.