Detecting Stacked Elements - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

The new detection seems flaky. I used a ship several times today and not until the fifth or sixth time did it give a notification an element intersected another. I actually checked that same ship prior to flying it the first time and no element was marked as intersecting with another.

Once it did give the notification, I entered build mode and moved the element a voxel to the left, then back to its original location. No warning from then on.

Edited by Yoarii

11 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

It wouldn't be the first time NQ does something like this (e.g. maneuvering tool nerf). It would just be the worst case (so far).

It's because of what I mentioned I believe. NQ tends to not actually address issues like this, they will broadly bomd the area, hoping they eliminate the target.

They also seem to still be more inclined to remove symptoms than the actual cause of the issuees.

And with it, the technical  debt continues to grow.

Certainly, if they were to come out today and say, "we realize there is work we need to do on hitboxes to make this work correctly", that would be a good first step. From there they can assess if they will be able to get all that done in time for Panacea and if not, they should remove this from that patch.

Right now, they are sending a lot of players into a tailspin, trying to fix something that many not need fixing and/or should be for NQ to address. That time and effort should be considered and so a quick response is warranted, the action to that response can then take a bit more time.

You know.. your average proper communication and project management.

10 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Right after they said "we are going to communicate with the community more" They went silent for like 3 months lol.

Then dropped a big turd in our cherrios with this obstruction crap. Like they didn't get the hint when everyone melted down with the demeter brake thing.  

Oh, the EVE memories where you explain to the devs how people really play the game. And they develop it in the exact opposite direction. Same people here, guess I can't be too surprised. 

16 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Wow it looks like all 3 remaining builders are outraged...

I just pretended the limits always existed and built accordingly, cause why would I expect it to stay broken forever

29 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Wow it looks like all 3 remaining builders are outraged...

Funny, because everything I've built is just fine with the collision stuff. That's not the part that chaps my backside. It's sloppy development that gets pushed into our lap. 

Why have a PTS if your not going to use it? Every PTS opening then is just pushed to the live server with no changes. Even after pages and pages of forum posts. 

They ask for input on changes then ignore the entire player base and push it anyway.  Why even ask?

13 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Right now, they are sending a lot of players into a tailspin, trying to fix something that many not need fixing and/or should be for NQ to address. That time and effort should be considered and so a quick response is warranted, the action to that response can then take a bit more time.

I learned a while ago to not go into a tail-spin with changes NQ makes.... it's a beta, stuff is in flux- changes do happen. I'm prepared to update my ships, but I'd like to know what will be "final" before I jump off a cliff and fix things that may end up changing. I cannot fathom NQ keeping the detection as it currently is- as it's clearly broken... that being said, if they keep it as is and things go live... I'll give it a week and adjust... 

It's like peeps moving to sanctuary on live before HQ tiles were added during a PTS, though unlike PTS where people had to go out of their way to test things(I know so many people complained without actually testing things), NQ has brought the preview of the change to a live audience and now EVERYONE is being forced to see it and deal with it.

Am gearing up for the vertex editor- am excited for it, and have held off on several designs waiting for it to be released... and looking forward to going back over time and giving all my ships a proper v2.