Currently there are unlimited ressources available? Money and material (ore)

realMod

The resources and money available that players can grind for is dependent on time that players are willing to invest on grinding. By not limiting them, it is a seamless MMO design exactly similar to what you find in traditional MMOs and not session-based MMO design that you find in modern MMOs. Nobody here wants to see a session-based MMO, so I agree on not limiting them! 

What I do not agree with however is the unconventional unproven monetary policy this game has! For example, the daily Quanta login reward. That is called "helicopter money" and not QE! QE is when the central bank buys securities from the open market to inject money into the economy. The only difference is in real-life, these securities are financial assets (for example, commercial bonds with maturity). With helicopter money, you want to increase their demand, and at the same time, the bot will QE by buying physical resources further reducing them? It's called rampant inflation! Look what happened at the beginning of EA? People are willing to buy all ores for greater than the bot price as securities because they know that it will go up! This created a bubble and if this is to continue, it will exacerbate the inequality and this will be a regressive elitist game! Now Quanta comes from missions (which is helicopter). It doesn't deplete the resources but it depletes people's time (you trade your time for money). How is that productive in economic sense to trade your time for money without producing any value only for you to spend it on things with value that other people produced instead of trading your time for resources directly and using this to barter? What kind of economic policy is that? It doesn't work and I am not stupid! You think it works to just print money without spending them on securities and give it to the poor as social assistance? If ever you are to do it, it's the tax that pays for that! It's called redistribution!

I'd like to see conventional policies that work, is equitable, simple, decentralized, and fun, and you don't need to reinvent the wheel! All you got to do is look at examples that best work for MMOs! Runescape is an MMO that has the best economy that is designed for MMOs! Why can't we look at that as an example?! I don't understand man, I don't!

Here is what you want:

- Production-oriented market and a factory system instead of a putting-out economy that is inclusive to everyone with stable prices. 

- Specialized and repetitive job instead of horizontal progression that gives you variety of activities.

- A regulated monetary system with NQ as the central bank governor instead of a much simpler (and decentralized) representative money.

- A passive time-based skill system that doesn't do anything but exacerbate the inequality instead of an active skill system for gameplay content or just nothing at all.

- An unregulated, risky, hierarchal, broken, and inequitable corporate system that will always dominate the game instead of designing the game for individual growth and interest that is common in most MMORPGs as this is more egalitarian and equitable.

You don't need to hire an economist that worked for the IMF or ADB if you just simplify the f*cking game! Simplify it man! It's not complicated if it is meant for everyone to grasp it and let's not complicate it like in Eve! Also the game is designed to be regressive, it is South Africa! You gonna make it inclusive and equitable!

If the NPCs will buy all stuff for a certain price and they sell stuff for a certain price, then the problem here is the prices are regulated by these NPCs. We don't want a regulated market!

Aphelia owns the sole payment system in the game. To craft most things in this game, you need oxygen/hydrogen and I think they are equivalent in value. These will be the basis for a single representative currency called "Quanta". Aphelia will buy all oxygen and hydrogen at permanent price and she will put it up for sale at permanent and exactly the same price she bought it for, making Quanta a representative currency. Without a money sink, and what you have is a representative money, price stability is entirely dependent on player activity and NQ doesn't have to do anything to regulate the market. Everybody can craft oxygen/hydrogen by refining their T1 ores to T1 pures via nanocrafter. They are cents, and just like money, it has cents. You should think oxygen/hydrogen as money and they are very valuable because you use them to craft nearly everything -- they are fundamental.

This is a better proposal than what they are doing! If you can decentralize the currency, if you can decentralize the market, and there is a way, why not do it? Why settle for broken and regulated if you can fix it and deregulate it? 

We don't need a realistic economy! We need something simple, functional, and deregulated that works for MMOs! It's highly possible on a realm of a game, so do it!

Regarding the amount of Quanta/Resources flowing into the game it is far less than what it was for ore I mean.  Previously  mining was really the big deal around here as people needed resources, now less mining is done resources are prime for the massive inflation.  Eventually in DU they'll add degradation and with it and decay more resources will be needed for replacing parts etc as a true game.

Du currently has the worst level of people logging in due to the 'wipe announcement' so we need resources to flow so people may get out there!

You have a zoo, you put the gorilla, the lion, the tiger, the jaguar, the crocodile, and the chimpanzee in the same gated habitat. If you leave them right there, you expect that they will learn to live together in harmony and everything will function eventually? The problem with this realistic economic design is you need a board who will regulate it to keep it under control. Simplify the sh*t and just use a representative currency and make aphelia buy/sell nothing else but the commodity (oxygen/hydrogen) so we have liquidity to use for transactions. Using representative currency IS bartering as it is the same as using the commodity itself. Does this mean that the market will now remain stable? No! It is still defined by market price, in other words, player activity. Now you can let it run it's course as it is a barter economy! (don't wanna use the representative currency? They can always barter using something else!) The good thing is you no longer need to regulate currency supply. It doesn't work to just let them grind for unlimited money (that has no intrinsic value) and resources and not regulate it.  

Also remove the helicopter money in the game! I'm the central bank and I give you $500, you cannot retract that! You've introduced face value by just printing it out of thin air! Versus you've sold me an Xbox One, I keep the Xbox One in the reserve, you get the $500. It is retractable because I can sell you the reserve and I get the money back. It is not QE! Money is an MoU that they will pay it back with securities! What value is the money with no security? It doesn't work to print them out of thin air and it doesn't work to have no reserve! You will give them $500, they will spend the $500 on people that actually produced, it is rent-seeking!

And we will get DAC in the future which will f*ck up the already f*cked up economy!

My advice is to just simplify the economy to make the game more accessible to players and to make more practical use of the company's limited resources!