Fuel hubs, command seats and engine switches

Sabretooth

When you have more than 4 fuel tanks of the same sort (atmo or space), the fuel window gets a scrollbar.

The command seat has only 10 connection available where 1 is already taken by the core.

So why not have a fuel hub that only takes up 1 seat connection and have the hub display the fuel tanks in a window with a scrollbar?

I think its pretty lame that we can only connect 10 things to a command seat. Also I think that solving this problem with lua-fuel screens n stuff should be an option, not mandatory. An L-core is a pretty big ship, 1 AGG, 1 warp, 1 radar, 1 ECU, 1 core, 1 gyro, 1 shield and there goes 7 of the 10 connections available, with a fuel hub this would not be a problem (you can still have 20 fuel tanks on this massive ship).

And the on/off switching of engines. we can already connect them to relays/switches, why cant we turn them on/off? Yes it can be done with 'simple' lua, but I dont know why I should learn lua for this game when the things are already in place. Why doesnt the on/off switch work on engines, but you can connect them? Is it more fun to make it difficult for players?

For parking in space or taxi on the runway, its very handy to have some engines turned off.

What you guys n girls think of my complaints/suggestions?

Yeah, ran out of connections on my latest build - so I had to disconnect most fuel tanks and only connect 1 of each (space/atmo), because then I could not connect the telemeter for example ...

Yes to this !

I want the seat to be unlimited , but can the game handle that much? Remains to be seen...

Also with current seat limitations you can lift a maximum of 8-10-12? kt from Alioth with a hybrid hauler ship with warp and miss some of the elements on your ship . Using an AGG will help you for more tonnage but it is very slow . So it seems the game has a hidden limit on transporting lots of kilotonnes from one way to another in measures of time and afterall money...

• 2 weeks later...

A trick that someone on gerneral chat taught me is: that you connect each fuel tank to the same amount of engines and so you only have to connect 1 tank to know at what level the fuel is.

But thats just a work around for me, it doesnt always work of course with the amount of engines and I do not like it! (stomp stomp)