API for Infobutton (and dispensers)

Vargen

Background/goal:

I would like to have a visiting player get waypoints from a predefined list.

Today:

We are now limited, for good reasons, not to be able to set a players waypoint without explicit activation of the programming board from that player. The problem is when the player is in VR, then they can't activate the PB. So a workaround is to use Infobuttons, that also do work in VR. But I don't want 1 button for each waypoint.

With API:

If we could link a PB to a Infobutton and have it to set the waypoint, and other parameters, we could keep the security to not spam players passing by with random waypoints but still give the option to the player to get a waypoint with some kind of logic behind. For example I could make a list on a screen that you can scroll through or pages for different sections or even a "map" on the screen with areas to visit. And as soon the player chooses one place to visit they then just have to click the Infobutton to actually get the waypoint.

Dispensers

When I'm already on it. API for the dispensers!!

You want us to have player market's, and we do have them. But it's very tedious to change the price on 500-1000 dispensers every week. And if there where an option when buying from a dispenser to choose the amount we don't need several dispensers for the same item, with different amount.

I fully agree with the need to be able to set the waypoint programmatically without explicit activation of the programming board, or a way to activate it in VR.

And yes, dispenser APIs are very much needed. Being able to programmatically set/read the price would go a very long way to support player markets. The number of dispenser that Vargen mentions isn't an exageration. VR to "Svea Super Store" or "Gottmart" and see for yourselves.

And as Vargen also mentions, allowing the user to buy more than one item at a time from the dispenser would help immensely.