asteroids in safe zone??

zoldos

I'm seeing a lot of grief about asteroids in the PvP zone.  Are there any in the safe zone?  Maybe even male them a bit lesser value, so you can mine without attack, but need to arm yourself to get the more valuable asteroids in the PvP zone.  Thanks!

We have asteroids in safe zones.
But they are only t1 ore with occasional t2 or t3. 
So asteroids in safe zone are absolute waste of time, because you get more ore from any tile in alioth or sanctuary.
So yes we have them but they are useless.
While t3-t5 asteroids are in pvp zone.

There is grieve because currently 1 pvp organisation wipe everyone who try to gather on asteroids and if you even try to fight them, or destroy 1 of their ship, you will be welcomed in short time with another 20 ships at least.
Which means they rule over every asteroid in PVP zone, and NQ fails players and community in reacting to such situation.

Sadly NQ is incredibly arrogant and ignorant in their decision and they don't change their direction unless there is overwhelming feedback from players.
People are leaving the game but they still refuse to take action.
I even remember NQ Pann giggling how she love pew pew.
Too bad that vast majority of players except for whales, can't afford to "pew pew" because current meta is 
Large core ship with 5 advanced/rare/exotic lasers obliterating you from 2SU.
And to combat them you need at least 300 million quanta ship.(Good luck getting it in safe zone)

What's worse there is no tool to escape them or avoid them.
You can only minimise risk but sooner or later they will catch you.
Especially since they have multiple cores and radars around planets and script which alert them of any activity in region, so they have tools to track you.

So any1 who's not in legion is being butchered and can't do a thing about it.

Wow, I had no idea it was that serious.  But it sounds like it isn't impossible to build and have fun without the asteroids in PvP zone?  I'm in a very small Org. and the leader builds tonnes of stuff and has a LOT of $$.  Al without asteroids as far as I know, and sticking to the safe zone....

Well there are 2 ways to do the asteroids.
Stick to safe zone asteroid as a content itself, but your better of mining on alioth.

There is no counter or a way to detect them.
You will die eventually. It's only a matter of when.

Second option is to wait untill someone scan then, then leave the ship in safe zone as close to asteroid as possible,
Jetpack to asteroid and got your nanopack worth of ore and come back to ship.
Repeat over and over.
So it's waste of time to be fair, but you can.

15 hours ago, Draqolas said:

Well there are 2 ways to do the asteroids.
Stick to safe zone asteroid as a content itself, but your better of mining on alioth.

There is no counter or a way to detect them.
You will die eventually. It's only a matter of when.

Second option is to wait untill someone scan then, then leave the ship in safe zone as close to asteroid as possible,
Jetpack to asteroid and got your nanopack worth of ore and come back to ship.
Repeat over and over.
So it's waste of time to be fair, but you can.

k gotcha.  I think I'll set up some territory on Alioth.  Don't even know how to fly in space anyway! lol

i mining asteroid in PVP zone pretty everyday with a tiny XS hauler without DSAT on it.

i do that since begining of asteroid pretty everyday and i die only 2 time...

cheack your DSAT on base static before go to get the asteroid location from broadcasted list.

have a VR station i nyour ship for can cheackl later your DSAT with VR.

it s easy :)

Over the past 7 weeks, it's been consistent 190 asteroids spawning on Saturdays:

• 100 Basic (T1)
  • 50 Uncommon (T2)
  • 25 Advanced (T3)
  • 10 Rare (T4)
  • 5 Exotic (T5)

Now the issue I see is only 12-24 of those T1 and T2 asteroids have spawned in the Safe Zone each week and these are all found and heavily mined within 24 hours.

Approx 80% of the T1 asteroids, and 50% of the T2 asteroids that spawn in the PvP zone are not even found before they despawn . . . as its not worth losing a ship over.

Ideally, more T1 and T2 asteroids need to spawn in the SAFE zone; especially after auto-mining on planets becomes a thing.  (assumption is normal mining will no longer be permitted due to the issues caused by the load on the system having to procedurally render so many holes - but that's another topic)

If they increase the number of asteroids in the SAFE zone, these could spawn over a longer period as well, instead of just Saturdays.  I think it would bring more Noveans into the hunt, give them a reason to leave the planet and become a core gameplay loop that many are currently ignoring.

Yes, those of you who mine your super and mega-nodes may see T1 and T2 asteroids as a waste of time, but I think these asteroids are the future of mining as we know it.  We have been spoiled to date with the existing systems in place.  That's why this is a BETA . . . to figure out what works and what doesn't for the long term state of the game.