problems using BP but I appear to have all of the parts?

zoldos

7 minutes ago, zoldos said:

I have a BP for a ship and it appears I own all the required parts, but when I click on the BP, all the parts are red, like I don't have any of them,  Can anyone please help? :)

Do you have the parts on your primary container?

Okay, fixed.  The linked container was primary.  I changed it back to nanopack and it worked.  But it did say something about it is "not copy protected".  Something about the DRM.  What does this mean and how do I fix it?  Should I not deploy it?

DRM is like copyright protection for the construct.  It can be turned on or off by the original creator of the BP.  With DRM on, no one except the creator of the BP can make another Blueprint from the construct, or copy voxels from the construct to another core.

Blueprints can be made with DRM turned on or off by default when a construct is deployed.  So if your Blueprint has DRM off, that means that you will be able to make more BPs from the construct, and copy voxels from it, even if you are not the original creator.

If DRM was on, and you were not the original creator, then you can still edit the construct, you just can't copy from it, or duplicate it. 

5 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

DRM is like copyright protection for the construct.  It can be turned on or off by the original creator of the BP.  With DRM on, no one except the creator of the BP can make another Blueprint from the construct, or copy voxels from the construct to another core.

Blueprints can be made with DRM turned on or off by default when a construct is deployed.  So if your Blueprint has DRM off, that means that you will be able to make more BPs from the construct, and copy voxels from it, even if you are not the original creator.

If DRM was on, and you were not the original creator, then you can still edit the construct, you just can't copy from it, or duplicate it. 

Thanks!  It also said to make a copy of the BP and put rights on it.  How do I do this?

19 hours ago, zoldos said:

Thanks!  It also said to make a copy of the BP and put rights on it.  How do I do this?

To make a copy of the Blueprint, enter Build mode on the construct, and right click "Create Core Blueprint".  That will make a new "Core Blueprint" with DRM on.  There is also another option to make a Core BP with DRM off.

I'm not sure what they mean by "put rights on it" though.