Recruit a Friend - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

2 hours ago, Ghangi said:

Probably? If you are able to run one client on your machine, you could then use GeforceNow to run a second client.

You were indeed correct. Both players need to be online, and then in the contact list, the recruit needs to right click the recruiter's name and the option to teleport becomes available.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, Zeddrick said:

Given the possibility of a wipe anyway (so no real benefit in training SP on alts)

While I believe a wipe is going to happen, I do also expect that Talent points will not be lost. Points accrued since start of "beta" will be returned to the pool I think, and you wil receive blueprints for your constructs. 

3 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

While I believe a wipe is going to happen, I do also expect that Talent points will not be lost. Points accrued since start of "beta" will be returned to the pool I think, and you wil receive blueprints for your constructs. 

I don't think anyone has said that about talent points have they?  Seems to me a wipe and fresh start would be completely undermined if some people start with 50m talent points (about a years worth) and newer players start from zero.

@Zeddrick

I doubt there will ever be another full wipe. The arguyment that new players need a chance to "catch up" is really not relevant here. Seeing how NQ copied the talent system EVE uses pretty much, it is trivial to get a character to a fairly well defined set of skills. From there it is specializations. While the xisting world in DU has many problems and has accrued a good bit of damage from not dealing with exploits very well, the talent system is not one fo those.

I would like to see the NPE give higher talent point reward to allow new players to make choices and progress on the basic talents a tad faster. This would not affect more experienced players at all. A talent point bonus when using a referral link (like EVE does) woudl also not be a bad idea.

4 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

@Zeddrick

I doubt there will ever be another full wipe. The arguyment that new players need a chance to "catch up" is really not relevant here. Seeing how NQ copied the talent system EVE uses pretty much, it is trivial to get a character to a fairly well defined set of skills. From there it is specializations. While the xisting world in DU has many problems and has accrued a good bit of damage from not dealing with exploits very well, the talent system is not one fo those.

I would like to see the NPE give higher talent point reward to allow new players to make choices and progress on the basic talents a tad faster. This would not affect more experienced players at all. A talent point bonus when using a referral link (like EVE does) woudl also not be a bad idea.

You have seen the recent Q&A video, right?

Talent points for new players, sadly, are something I think would get exploited when DAC (DU's equivalent of a plex) becomes a thing.  People will very likely start farming large numbers of alts which generate money through mission running, passive ore miners, or whatever and these will partially fund themselves.  Adding skillpoints to a new alt (of course you will 'refer' your alts) just reduces the amount of training time required for the alt to become 'useful' (you can train passive mining skills instantly, for example).

On 10/14/2021 at 5:03 PM, Ghangi said:

Deckard answered this in Discord: 

"Unfortunately no, we did have a banner with a notice up clearly stating that accounts created prior to the RAF launch would not be eligible."

https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/304455542162587649/897889829369577583

So in short, everyone who promoted DU to their friends is fucked if they want to join the program

On 10/16/2021 at 8:44 AM, Aaron Cain said:

So in short, everyone who promoted DU to their friends is fucked if they want to join the program

There were indications that the Make a Friend programme was suspended. You don't just recruit friends into the game because of the few rewards, but so that these friends have fun in the game. So it hardly makes a difference. Many of those who have been recruited so far came into the game via the beta keys anyway and have played for free the whole time. The programme currently rewards accounts that really actively have a paid subscription. There is enough time to recruit new friends and gradually unlock the few bonuses.

8 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

just saw demeter blog. Not going to invite Any friends. the small lines told between the text just tells a clear story. Iceberg..Titanic......Im not the band

Only two negatives, and one of them will be considered a positive by some in the blog, which I dont see how it translate to an iceberg. Most people are not going to be affect by the terrain change. Infact allot of people are probably going to like all those bad holes being gone of there property. and the performance increase from what they are planning sounds good for all even new players.  The other negative is the fee associated with territories. Gota wait to see what the price is going to be, I doubt it is going to be so harsh as to push players away. but it will be a means to get rid of abandoned territories. 

Everything else mention seemed great. And I know a ton of players who have been waiting for the automated mining to come in before they came back. 

On 10/15/2021 at 2:09 PM, Jake Arver said:

This is almost the stupidest thing I've ever read. You want to erase because you are not playing. And not who spend every day throughout the year. It's like the first one. The second is that just now you say that you want to erase, but do not want to lose talent points and all buildings will be returned to you by magic blueprints, then what is the essence of erasing, mister?

Just because you so want to and throw off other players who have been playing with sweat and blood all this time? I don't understand you at all, you contradict yourself

Oh yes .. in every topic you whine like a child that NQ is doing badly .. while everything that you write everywhere is only your assumption, you have never provided facts anywhere.

And if I take it correctly, you are not playing with your words, but you have been sitting on the forum for almost a year and whine and whine how bad they are. If you do not play, why do you torture yourself and repulse newcomers with your own words? You actually slander and spoil the reputation of NQ by sitting here and spreading your shit on the forum. And then he asks the question why there are no people and the game is so bad. It is disgusting to read you in every topic. Sorry, bombed

On 10/22/2021 at 5:27 AM, RugesV said:

Only two negatives, and one of them will be considered a positive by some in the blog, which I dont see how it translate to an iceberg. Most people are not going to be affect by the terrain change. Infact allot of people are probably going to like all those bad holes being gone of there property. and the performance increase from what they are planning sounds good for all even new players. The other negative is the fee associated with territories. Gota wait to see what the price is going to be, I doubt it is going to be so harsh as to push players away. but it will be a means to get rid of abandoned territories.

Everything else mention seemed great. And I know a ton of players who have been waiting for the automated mining to come in before they came back.

I totally agree that the patch brings in more positive things .. And I'm the same person who spent over six months terraforming my 7 tiles. And no matter how I run around the forum in tears .. what to do, so well, it means so, it was generally obvious and we were warned earlier that this could happen. As for the rest, I am only glad of the upcoming changes, at one time many players left because of dull mining, when people had no particular options either to earn or get resources - how to sit in tunnels like worms.

And regarding the load and optimization, I am also glad that during a flight around the planet or from a base to a market, I will not load all these underground guts that consume my Internet traffic, consume processor and video power, as well as my place in mind. cache on SSD .. And I have no idea why people don't see it :)

They swore that they had to dig a lot, now they swear that they were being taken away from them to dig.

In terms of taxes, they have already reported approximate prices of 1 million per week in the video, but clarified that these figures are not accurate and may change the main server before the release, but I do not think that they will change globally.

By today's standards, 1 million a week = nothing. But the withdrawal of quanta from the game and the whole system for cleaning the world is what is needed and has been waiting for this year.

3 hours ago, Feriniya said:

By today's standards, 1 million a week = nothing. But the withdrawal of quanta from the game and the whole system for cleaning the world is what is needed and has been waiting for this year.

But whether it's a lot or not also depends on how you play. a multi-account user who flies a big mission with 10 alts because he can handle the ship and the 5-6 hours of flight time will indeed laugh at a million.
Someone who flies the missions in the safe zone will have problems with these costs.
I also assume that the market prices will then adjust. There will certainly be a shortage of ore for a while, because you have to bridge the time when you won't be able to get ore so quickly. you can calculate how many mining units the players would have to provide in order to create the same ore value that is currently offered by permanent miners. 
I myself understand these changes in favour of performance. However, I think more options need to be added to the game so that you have a choice of how to generate ores or quanta. Since NQ has already confirmed this, it is only a matter of time before these options come into play.

As for the actual topic of Recruit a Friend. i have also taken out a subscription for each of my children. I could clearly see there that they would not then count towards the programme and I was faced with the question: wait or buy a subscription. So I decided on an annual subscription for the children and paid. I don't get a Refer a Friend bonus now, but my children have had fun in the game for months and at the same time NQ has been supported by the subscription.

17 hours ago, Zarcata said:

But whether it's a lot or not also depends on how you play. a multi-account user who flies a big mission with 10 alts because he can handle the ship and the 5-6 hours of flight time will indeed laugh at a million.
Someone who flies the missions in the safe zone will have problems with these costs.
I also assume that the market prices will then adjust. There will certainly be a shortage of ore for a while, because you have to bridge the time when you won't be able to get ore so quickly. you can calculate how many mining units the players would have to provide in order to create the same ore value that is currently offered by permanent miners.
I myself understand these changes in favour of performance. However, I think more options need to be added to the game so that you have a choice of how to generate ores or quanta. Since NQ has already confirmed this, it is only a matter of time before these options come into play.

As for the actual topic of Recruit a Friend. i have also taken out a subscription for each of my children. I could clearly see there that they would not then count towards the programme and I was faced with the question: wait or buy a subscription. So I decided on an annual subscription for the children and paid. I don't get a Refer a Friend bonus now, but my children have had fun in the game for months and at the same time NQ has been supported by the subscription.

Let's be honest, auto miners will recoup their tiles 20+ times more than the cost of taxes. Therefore, the mission is not at all involved. Even if you have a bare ass and have nothing, rocks from the surface will be almost equal to underground mining, only without taking into account the waste of time crawlers and digging holes. By collecting stones, you can collect 4 million quanta in an hour or even less. Paying taxes for a month, so let's be honest, no matter what you do in the game .. 4 million a month is really a micro transaction. Created clearly not for picking people up.

As for inviting a friend, you are describing everything correctly and I agree with you, more than completely.

5 hours ago, Feriniya said:

Let's be honest, auto miners will recoup their tiles 20+ times more than the cost of taxes.

Think we need to see what sort of yield we are getting out of tiles for auto mining. If we are only pulling in 200l per hour per tile. and tax is 1M per week. thats 33,600. so at 100q perL thats 3.360,000.  Its more like 3.3x more then the tile cost in taxes. And its not free as you do need to maintain it.