Recruit a Friend - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

14 hours ago, Lethys said:

Already? That was fast!

Since it's been only 2 years or so, you would have to remind me of the benefits and the system itself. I've forgotten

Judging from the announcement post here on the forum, I presume it is a small amount of quanta and talent points.

6 hours ago, hdparm said:

There shouldn't be any skillpoint or quanta reward for the player who sent an invitation. Otherwise it's the same as buying skillpoints or quanta with real money (with an extra step).

Agreed, If there is a way people can essentially buy skill points it may well create a pay to win hole later on. May want to think carefully before this rocky road.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the bigger things the recruit a friend needs is the ability to recruit a friend and pay 1-12 months worth of gameplay for them.  Allot easier to tell a friend, here I bought you a game try it out. Then hey pay a sub to try out this game. 

I invited about 15 people into the game, paid the pre ""beta" pledge for 5-6of them myself.. All of them, including myself, left .. NQ has run out of steam and hopes the few people still here will now start recruiting for trinkets.. it will not do any good..

I would not dare recuit friends to this project.. I got burt anough by NQ, so thatnk but no.. thanks..

It's a bit annoying that any accounts I already recruited (OK, they are my alt accounts but whatever) are not eligible for the program any more because I made a purchase before the program started running.  Given the possibility of a wipe anyway (so no real benefit in training SP on alts) I'm now thinking I might be better off unsubbing the paid accounts then waiting for the wipe and creating a new set afterwards.

Or will you be grandfathering in existing accounts somehow?

28 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

It's a bit annoying that any accounts I already recruited (OK, they are my alt accounts but whatever) are not eligible for the program any more because I made a purchase before the program started running.  Given the possibility of a wipe anyway (so no real benefit in training SP on alts) I'm now thinking I might be better off unsubbing the paid accounts then waiting for the wipe and creating a new set afterwards.

Or will you be grandfathering in existing accounts somehow?

This. I would love for the ability to grandfather in past referrals. 

BTW, I think the rewards look great. Candidly, I hope they add micro transactions for skins like Rust and other games. I am addicted to buying that skins and need to continue to feed my addiction. 

1 hour ago, Doombad said:

This. I would love for the ability to grandfather in past referrals. 

BTW, I think the rewards look great. Candidly, I hope they add micro transactions for skins like Rust and other games. I am addicted to buying that skins and need to continue to feed my addiction. 

Each to their own.  Personally I'm not a fan of micro transactions for skins, etc in a game where I'm already paying several subscriptions.  Particularly not in a game where the majority of the content is created by the players!  I feel like for a sub things like skins should be available for free and if anything is being charged for it should be the ability to add a custom texture/skin/whatever you made yourself.

Eve has a lot of this sort of thing and it resulted (for me anyway) in lots of immersion-breaking nonsense like t-shirts that cost more than dreadnoughts and ship skins which cost 100s of times the price of the ship they're skinning.  I hope that sort of thing doesn't come to DU.

11 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Again my question, i asked my friends to join the first time you said this program was coming so How can i still get rewards for them joining?

Deckard answered this in Discord: 

"Unfortunately no, we did have a banner with a notice up clearly stating that accounts created prior to the RAF launch would not be eligible."

https://discord.com/channels/184691218184273920/304455542162587649/897889829369577583

Hi all,

I might be a bit dense, and not able to figure this out, however, the recruit-a-friend page says:

Any friends you recruit get the following in-game rewards:

A one-time teleporter to join the recruiter (some technical conditions apply)
(Technical condition: the items will be loaded in the referred player's nanopack, right at the start of his/her playtime)

That's nice.
So, I recruited myself (my first alt). Now, I want to teleport to where my main character is, however I don't have anything resembling a teleporter in my alt's nanopack.
How do I go about teleporting my alt to my main character?

33 minutes ago, war4peace said:

Hi all,

I might be a bit dense, and not able to figure this out, however, the recruit-a-friend page says:

That's nice.
So, I recruited myself (my first alt). Now, I want to teleport to where my main character is, however I don't have anything resembling a teleporter in my alt's nanopack.
How do I go about teleporting my alt to my main character?

Have you tried adding the recruiter as a friend? Should be an option then.

Just now, war4peace said:

Yes, I did that, both accounts are friends and in the same organization. Still, no idea how to teleport to the other account.

Should just have to right-click on them in the friends list. Can only do it once though.

1 hour ago, war4peace said:

Do both of us have to be online when that happens? If so, I'll have to figure out a way to run two DU clients at the same time.

Probably? If you are able to run one client on your machine, you could then use GeforceNow to run a second client.