Inactive Account Grace Periods

Oblivionburn

An advantage for servers, but this can also be a big disadvantage for players who go through reasons in reallife that prevents them to be ingame.

Example: myself.
Because I was (and still am) at risk of a leg amputation, I had to undergo intensive medical procedures, for several months. I was not at home but at two different hospitals. No way I could go ingame with just a smartphone. Even now I cannot spend much time ingame.

And that is just me. There are other cases, with other reasons. Such a rule would be an immense burden and stress for those persons who already go through immense (not average) problems.

If, however, such a Period Of Inactivity lasts 1 year, then it could be done, I believe. Therefore I am not saying NO, but a careful and not very overwhelmed almost quiet YES. If, that is the condition, that period is at least 1 year.

• 3 weeks later...

I think NQ plans and already announced that.
So it's coming.

I don't like the idea and it's a perfect way of making sure that players that took break, won't come back ever.
One of coolest developers Naoki Yoshida, often tell it's player base, that he want them to enjoy the game, and if they feel burned up, just stop subscription and stop playing. Come back later when you feel like it.
Everyone loves him and that's very mature and incredible way of thinking.
Normal human person need to take a break from the game, especially as toxic as DU.
Punishing us with loosing every construct is a clear middle finger from NQ.

I don' even understand, how a normal player could ever want that constructs and territories are being removed. Sounds very fishy to me. Like an attempt to make this game losing even more players to other, competing games like Starbase and such.

NQ is well-advised not to implement any policy that would damage a  player, unless the removal takes effect aftter a long, long period, like four months, or even a year. But looking at a server what a player is, the answer is: a player is just digital data. Does no take much space on a server. So why to punish and anger players. The more I think about it, that wish of that , ummmm, player is very fishy. Raising suspicion alarm bells in my mind.

12 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

NQ is well-advised not to implement any policy that would damage a  player, unless the removal takes effect aftter a long, long period, like four months, or even a year. But looking at a server what a player is, the answer is: a player is just digital data. Does no take much space on a server. So why to punish and anger players. The more I think about it, that wish of that , ummmm, player is very fishy. Raising suspicion alarm bells in my mind.

well, in real life ( i know, annoying argument) nearly everything thats left alone for several months will be damaged, everything useable cleaned out and covered in graffity. So yeah, construct should be open for scavenging gameplay after a certain amount of time, and completely decay by itself after an even longer time. However, I'd implement a "security badge element" or something similar, where ppl can deposit any amount of quanta and, dependend on the core type and size, a certain amount of quanta is deducted each day to prolong this salvage protection period. (similar to paying monthly taxes for hex ownership)

I would prefer no decay, so there is no stress in invesing into DU.

Bu if there is a decay (big pressure, big sress factor), then it really must give a lot of time to the player. Out of my own history: I had a terrible accident in 2019, and was for 4 long monhs in two different hospitals, no way to prepare anything (quanta) or to ge ingame.

And people who pay money to play and build constructs, I am not sure how a decay punishmen will be ttaken by those players. After all, they paid money.

Geee, what a discussion. Grace period of one year is ridiculous. 3 months max after last payment. If you have personal issue (like illness or whatever) and you would like to re-enter the game after a year (or 6 months, or ...) then there is the option to pay for a yearly subscription. Big advantage is that you can also queue all talents as well :).

However, NQ could also take a more phased approach on this. I think everybody would be happy if your account and the Sanctuary tile will remain for a minimum of one year after last payed subscription period. Most annoying are the claimed tiles with good ore which aren't being used but only claimed by players that don't play anymore. So any tile of a inactive (non-paying) gamer and other than your sanctuary tile, should be removed from their account and be free for others (after 1 month). 

So if you have personal challenges which may take a while, you can safe keep your stuff on sanctuary and your account will be saved as well.