DRM disabled by default

Leniver

Hello,

Again and again NQ open potential security issue on our construct.
Be careful, now DRM are disable by default when you place a core, a programming board, seat, ect...

Come on NQ, stop doing such thing without any warning.
Nothing in any patch not about that.

The first thing you learn when you are doing security is "By default lock everything".

I'm not sure when and in what patch, but DRM is no longer installed by default for more than 1-2 months, then as I noticed it. So it may well be that much earlier.

But do not forget, if after that, from such a ship, you make a blueprint with DRM, then the design will be all included with DRM according to the spawning .

21 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

How to then "enable" DRM?? .... The mish-mash of RDMS is a nightmare.
When I check my ship I am currently building it says indeed "DRM disabled" .... SMH ...

You have to right click the core element itself and there's an option to enable/disable DRM.

Turning DRM on or off only applies to that individual construct also.

When you create a Blueprint by default it should make a construct with DRM enabled, and only the creator can disable it.

There's also an option to create a DRM free Blueprint that will create a construct with DRM off by default.

At least that was how it was supposed to work when they introduced it.  Who knows now i guess ?