ELEMENT STACKING NOW PROHIBITED - NQ FEEDBACK PLEASE

Novean-119644

But how does this stacking work? 

Dont you just need more fuel & tanks now?

Doesnt it add weight to the construct?

I mean, if so, then I dont mind stacking. Designwise its cooler to use less space for more power and sleeker design.

I would love to be able to stack my retrobrakes/adjustors, as they kill the exterior design of my ships.

Is overlapping allowed with sliding doors, cuz when they open they go through any element?

11 hours ago, Lethys said:

TBH, I know what stacking is but I have no clue how to do it. Because building is boring to me and I never did any of that stuff. So yes, I can say I don't know how to do it ;)

Same here, no clue how to do it. Not interested either but i do not want NQ to randomly delete my ship becasue the cargo hub overlaps a little bit

Also why is the exploid tolerated untill the ship was in pvp? that is the stranges way of talking it right i have seen since the schematics exploit/scam NQ did nothing about.

I play the game my way. And my way does not entail having multi accounts or trying to figure out every way possible to gain some advantage over other players in PvP etc. That is not my jam. I just do my builds and programming experiments, and could not care less if others have better ships then me. So even after having played this game for many years all I know about exploits is what I have discovered myself by happenstance, or things mentioned in the forums.

Guys, if you do not do this, then believe me and you will not accidentally have such equipment.

What ppl say here? An exploit smells like an exploit if it's an exploit. And you will immediately understand that this is an exploit.

You write "a little bit" overlaps, we are not talking about a little bit, so do not worry (if that game allowed you regular way and some colision overlap, they just fixed it in future), no one will just remove your designs. And those who know what they did - will remake. 

And about why PVP because they break the PVP balance in the first place .. but with the DEMETER patch, it seems like they all stop working at all (stack elements) - everyone can find out. So wait for the next patch.

2 hours ago, Bobbie said:

Man who is she even talking to. Nobody said they didn't know stacked elements exist.

At least 3-4 people were asked here, the question "what is stacking" "what does stacking look like" "I don't know if I have it" And "Why didn't NQ tell us what stacking is" .. I certainly understand that my English not super, and I apologize for this, but this topic is full of these questions :)

So:

Ship S0 has 2 engines side by side.

Ship S1 has them clipped by 1 (it happens when you get one near the other from one of the sides)

Ship S2 has them clipped by 2...

Ship Sn has them clipped one inside another.

From what I see S1 is not considered "exploit" as it happens "by itself". If I find how to make S2 configuration "by itself" will S2 stop being exploit ?

What about S3 or S8 ?

What is stacking that is not allowed ?

If stacking is only prohibited in PVP so:

Miner builds a ship S using element stacking.

Miner flies ship S to outer planet and gets killed.

I capture ship S and report the miner.

Ship S is deleted.

Outcome: Miner used exploit, I lost my loot.

NQ Logic at it's finest ?

If you buy a ship you should inspect it.  You should ask the seller if there is janko.  Its no excuse to be oblivious because its a bought ship.  And if you get your bought ship taken away in PVP because of janko. Talk to the ship seller. 

Personally i think they should have done what they said they where going to do months ago. Start exploding janko parts. 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:25 AM, XKentX said:

So:

Ship S0 has 2 engines side by side.

Ship S1 has them clipped by 1 (it happens when you get one near the other from one of the sides)

Ship S2 has them clipped by 2...

Ship Sn has them clipped one inside another.

From what I see S1 is not considered "exploit" as it happens "by itself". If I find how to make S2 configuration "by itself" will S2 stop being exploit ?

What about S3 or S8 ?

What is stacking that is not allowed ?

Any element placement that requires an exploit is not allowed.  Seems pretty straight forward to me.

All that matters is how you were able to achieve S2.

If S2 requires an exploit, then it's an exploit.  If it doesn't, then it's not.

Currently there is only S0 and S1.  Anything else requires an exploit.

Honestly i think the word stacking is making this whole thing harder for people to understand.

Forget about stacking.  

There is element placement that doesn't require an exploit, and element placement that does.  That's it.

On 9/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, Fembot68 said:

I have quit the game as have everyone else I know of.  This game has been dying since .23 and they are making another PUNISH THE PLAYERS initiative that very well might drive the last nails in the coffin!     During .23 you lost more than 40% of the player base on the first day. why did NQ not learn from this ?   O well this game had so much potential which is now squandered.   

Here is my feedback for @nq    You have been and are tone deaf.   The reason so many of us quit playing the game is you kept nurfing engines and mining.    Then you add all these animations that cause even more lag without giving us a way to turn if off!    Stacking elements is the only way we had to not create huge engine walls.  if you start deleting peoples ships without warning including the ones NQ promoted you will only loose more players!   I am so glad I don't play this game anymore because NQ is going to kill it.  Here is for the VOCAL Minority in the game.  Keep it up and help NQ kill the game.  Most of us have moved on now so we don't care. 

Good bye DU  it was fun while it lasted.   

You could just try carrying less stuff?  Also, you do realise the game isnt launched yet lol

On 9/23/2021 at 3:29 PM, XKentX said:

If stacking is only prohibited in PVP so:

Miner builds a ship S using element stacking.

Miner flies ship S to outer planet and gets killed.

I capture ship S and report the miner.

Ship S is deleted.

Outcome: Miner used exploit, I lost my loot.

NQ Logic at it's finest ?

You were the one that reported the miner?  Which would be a bit stoopid

Personally I think the only elements that should not be stackable are military based elements. Obviously stacking attack or defense elements break PvP when your opponent has multiple weapons they shouldnt have.

Beyond that I think everything else should be stackable. Hell there should be a talent to stack up to 5 elements.

I look at it this way. NQ has made some terrible elements with all sorts of useless appendages, angles, etc in addition to sub par stats that require having 100 wings, engines, adjustors, hovers, etc which lends to stats bloat, weight bloat, and power creep for no real reason because they dont understand what players need vs the inefficient parts just to burn resources and cause more inflation.

This doesn't even include if you even think about voxels or any form of appearance based visualization to any ship that further increases the stats bloat since NQ dosen't understand the principal that hey if you smooth a voxel it should reduce the weight and hp of the voxel with each click so that you dont need to add as many parts needlessly just because you use voxels vs just having a base parts ship.

But when you look at parts like engines for example the XS Atmo engine is how all other engines should have been. They have no wierd angles, they dont have needless added weight, they have no wierd appendages that make their spatial constrains or the finnaky placment system.

All Atmo engines are a waste of space beyond the XS. The S version up to the L version basically have 4 XS engines in a triangle or X patten which being the thrusters. Everything alse is just straight up space wasing fluff that exists for no real reason or purpose. If the 4 thrusters were condensed down to 4 XS thrusters it would litterally take up 1/4th the space it does now. 

And honestly if you think about a car engine in that aspect its not like a 4/6/8/12 valve engine dont fit into the same engine compartment space. They dont get massively huge unless you add turbos, super chargers, air intakes, etc and even still the engineering behind it fits into the same space. Engines and parts should follow the same logic.

I get they didnt really plan the parts out well and basically we have XS-L Fighter class parts and not even Frigate, Corvette, Capital Ship, or Carrier class parts that actually give a range of power that actually makes any sort of sense we could work with instead of needing to make ships that look like the wright bros plane with like 12-100+ wings which leads to all sorts of useless dead weight and parts bloat.

Or hell take containers. Beyond L containers you basically get more weight, the space of 4 L containers with the space of 8 L containers for potentially more links. It makes no sense that it shouldnt scale efficiently or all the metal wouldnt multiply rather than being factored into the construction of the existing metal to be efficient enough to actually use anything beyond L containers.

Its rediculous that NQ makes it more overly complicated then it needs to be by making the most inefficient parts, voxels, etc that they can and punish people for trying to make anything that actually looks like something you would want to fly since everything is barely useable as it stands and made worse since we have almost no real sized parts that make sense for how far the game is at this point. We should have XXXL parts where if you have a L core ship hey maybe you only want say 1 engine instead of 50L Engines or 10 XL space engines to actually move things that is actually efficient.

NQ really has no idea what is going on with this game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, Moosegun said:

You could just try carrying less stuff?  Also, you do realise the game isnt launched yet lol

Yes and because they make very very stupid decisions to punish the players,  This game will die.     so I do "realise"    the game is not released but its a lost cause because they don't know how to keep players.   They get mad and make changes that cause half the player base to quit.  so go ahead and keep being that vocal minority that is still left in the game.  

On 9/21/2021 at 7:23 AM, FerroSC said:

"I quit the game but no one noticed so I come back to the forums to announce I dOnT evEn PlAY ThiS dEd Gam over and over to make people think your absence is relevant."

If you don't play the game, great.  Let people who still want the game to succeed have a conversation please. 

Ya keep it to yourself.    I have every right to give my oppini0on :P    the devs are dumb and will kill the game off completely.  their track history speaks for its self. 

On 10/16/2021 at 1:47 PM, Fembot68 said:

Yes and because they make very very stupid decisions to punish the players,  This game will die.     so I do "realise"    the game is not released but its a lost cause because they don't know how to keep players.   They get mad and make changes that cause half the player base to quit.  so go ahead and keep being that vocal minority that is still left in the game.  

The irony being that I am not currently playing the game, I am waiting for it to be finished, rather than being frustrated by an incomplete game.  I havent ever recommended the game to anyone I know really, because I dont want them to burn out on a beta.  They all know I play it but when they ask about it I tell them it is not quite ready yet.

From a development standpoint, I actually think it has improved a lot over the last 6 months and there does seem to be some solid direction to the game now.  We will see.

Also confused how a game can be dying when probably 80% of the potential audience havent tried it yet. 

58 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

Just look at it from the other side: They already lost 20% of the potential audience long before the game is finished.

No, they have lost a % of the 20%, some people are still playing, some have stopped but are still watching the game.  I would be surprised if the potential audience, that have actually tried and quit the game is a lot less than 10%.