ELEMENT STACKING NOW PROHIBITED - NQ FEEDBACK PLEASE

Novean-119644

This is the best announcement that I could have look since the start of the game.
Removal of all that is Janko. People who used this should even be punished more than destroying their ship for cheating all this time on the game with unconventional ships.

Compared to a player who does not cheat, people have been able to make millions with their janko freighter. It's a matter of honesty now.

All those who complain are players who seem to me to be very borderline when it comes to respecting the rules. It's not good for the game.

NQ gives you a few days to erase your past. Say thank you and don't complain if your ships are deleted. You deserved it.

20 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Removal of all that is Janko.

Can someone please enlighten me on this "janko" thing -- where does the term come from? I go on vacation for a month and when I get back it's janko-this, janko-that, jankomancy ... cannot remember having ever seen the term before August ....

We let ourselves bicker and condemn each other as a community over this issue. This is not the player's fault. 

If you don't want players to do something then make it impossible. Don't put the burden on the players with the threat of repercussions. Fix the fucking game.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, Knight-Sevy said:

All those who complain are players who seem to me to be very borderline when it comes to respecting the rules. It's not good for the game.

NQ gives you a few days to erase your past. Say thank you and don't complain if your ships are deleted. You deserved it.

Whoosh.. Talk about missing the point of this discussion. Nobody, I repeat nobody here is against punishing same position multi element exploit stacking.

The discussion is about:

- what happens to players who bought constructs in good faith

- what exactly is considered stacking

The last part is crucial, considering all the non exploit tricks possible in normal single player building to get better placement using surface angles and offsets of other elements and voxels etc. And considering NQ's long history of messing up, it would not surprise me at all if NQ let lose some automated script that wrongly detected and deleted like 90% of all constructs in the game. Most of them only having minor overlapping of elements as permitted by normal placements in the build system. After all, it is very clear from past decisions that NQ's is not actually playing the game they are making.

21 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Whoosh.. Talk about missing the point of this discussion. Nobody, I repeat nobody here is against punishing same position multi element exploit stacking.

The discussion is about:

- what happens to players who bought constructs in good faith

- what exactly is considered stacking

The last part is crucial, considering all the non exploit tricks possible in normal single player building to get better placement using surface angles and offsets of other elements and voxels etc. And considering NQ's long history of messing up, it would not surprise me at all if NQ let lose some automated script that wrongly detected and deleted like 90% of all constructs in the game. Most of them only having minor overlapping of elements as permitted by normal placements in the build system. After all, it is very clear from past decisions that NQ's is not actually playing the game they are making.

Well, you have time to redesign your ship or change engines with higher tier ones. It is what it is...

Another lazy, incompetent approach to dealing with exploits. 

NQ literally crafts the universe.

Their code dictates what is or isn't possible. Rather than fix their jenky code, they want to "fix" bugs with a code of laws. It's unprofessional, sloppy, and unfair. Real studios fix their software bugs with software changes, not with rules saying "don't use the bugs in our software or else". 

Rules enforced through a notoriously slow and unresponsive support system will never be equally enforced. 

I'd love to see a pinned thread of every single rule that isn't enforced in the game engine itself but is left up to the player's honor and GM's discretion. 

1 hour ago, ShippyLongstalking said:

I'd love to see a pinned thread of every single rule that isn't enforced in the game engine itself but is left up to the player's honor and GM's discretion. 

Expecting people to follow the rules rather then designing rules that enforce themselves is never the best solution.

But what if there is literally no way to automatically identify an exploited "stacked" element, from an element that just has another smaller element placed near it.

If there is no way to accomplish this automatically, then NQ has two choices.  Do it automatically anyway, and piss off 99% of the player base, who have never used the exploit.  Or they can close the loophole, announce that it's against the rules,  and basically do nothing else, because there's nothing else they can do that won't break everyone's ships.

The idea of dishonest players still flying stacked ships around until someone reports them is unsavory.  But it's better then having all my ships deleted when i've done nothing wrong.

Everyone loves to evaluate all of NQ's decisions in a vacuum, as if NQ doesn't have to weigh the cost/benefit of everything they do.

Sometimes you have to make a shitty decision, because all the other decisions are shittier.

21 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Expecting people to follow the rules rather then designing rules that enforce themselves is never the best solution.

But what if there is literally no way to automatically identify an exploited "stacked" element, from an element that just has another smaller element placed near it.

If there is no way to accomplish this automatically, then NQ has two choices.  Do it automatically anyway, and piss off 99% of the player base, who have never used the exploit.  Or they can close the loophole, announce that it's against the rules,  and basically do nothing else, because there's nothing else they can do that won't break everyone's ships.

The idea of dishonest players still flying stacked ships around until someone reports them is unsavory.  But it's better then having all my ships deleted when i've done nothing wrong.

Everyone loves to evaluate all of NQ's decisions in a vacuum, as if NQ doesn't have to weigh the cost/benefit of everything they do.

Sometimes you have to make a shitty decision, because all the other decisions are shittier.

Am I wrong in thinking the system that detects that there is an element overlap has been in a place for a long time? Thats why Janko was done use methods like backspace to loop hole it. Just make the overlap trigger elements to blow up and lose life point ?‍♂️ 

36 minutes ago, Physics said:

Am I wrong in thinking the system that detects that there is an element overlap has been in a place for a long time? Thats why Janko was done use methods like backspace to loop hole it. Just make the overlap trigger elements to blow up and lose life point ?‍♂️ 

If you place an engine or another large element, and then place an adjuster or another small element on the surface of the engine, the hitboxes overlap and the engine turns red if you try to reposition it.  As long as you place the engine first, and the adjuster second, this has always been allowed.  And can be accomplished without any exploits.

So you would be blowing up 99% of the ships in the game.

The current system and rules for element placement worked pretty well, and were lenient enough to allow a little creative freedom, but didn't allow you to simply stack 20 engines.  The exploit allowed you to totally ignore those rules.

Obviously they needed to fix the exploit.  I just don't want them to completely ruin how element placement has always worked.  Or render 99% of preexisting ships unflyable.

1 hour ago, Captain Hills said:

so, stacking does not mean to attach lets say a space-break in front of a space-engine ? 

I have often done that and sometimes those breaks turned red .. but they still worked

what about a picture illustrating the stumbling block to make it more obvious to us ?

It's simple, the exploit required more than one character working together to use it. That loophole is now closed but as long as you could build what you have by yourself (on one character), it does not fall under the exploit.

8 hours ago, Bobbie said:

@Atmosph3rik you are literally saying that NQ can't make a game that automatically detects when two hitboxes are colliding.

Well, like I said, nothing surprises me anymore.

No i'm saying all the hitboxes are colliding.  Because the normal placement rules allowed it in a lot of situations that had nothing to do with the exploit.

That won't work as a way of separating exploited ships from non-exploited ships.

What i'm hoping is that they make functional elements become non-functional depending on what % the hitboxes are colliding.  So a slight overlap like an adjuster on the side of an engine wouldn't do anything.  But two engines both in the same spot become totally non-functional.

That way they can still allow some freedom in element placement, but all the old stacked blueprints will be useless.  

5 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

What i'm hoping is that they make functional elements become non-functional depending on what % the hitboxes are colliding.  So a slight overlap like an adjuster on the side of an engine wouldn't do anything.  But two engines both in the same spot become totally non-functional.

NQ are you listening?

This is a great point. No need to go around using human resources to manually delete exploit constructs etc.

Instead make it so that elements that have more then some percentage overlap (that will only trigger exploit stacking, and not normal build overlaps) become completely non-functional. Meaning that instead of loosing the construct, players will have to rebuild them instead. This is important to minimize the punishment of innocent buyers, and push the blame on the exploit builders/sellers instead.

And in most cases that rebuild will be easy since you just have to remove elements in the stacks until there is only one left, and hope the construct is still usable afterwards. And if not then tough luck, but at least you don't lose the resources to build something else.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:53 AM, Fembot68 said:

I have quit the game as have everyone else I know of.  This game has been dying since .23 and they are making another PUNISH THE PLAYERS initiative that very well might drive the last nails in the coffin!     During .23 you lost more than 40% of the player base on the first day. why did NQ not learn from this ?   O well this game had so much potential which is now squandered.   

Here is my feedback for @nq    You have been and are tone deaf.   The reason so many of us quit playing the game is you kept nurfing engines and mining.    Then you add all these animations that cause even more lag without giving us a way to turn if off!    Stacking elements is the only way we had to not create huge engine walls.  if you start deleting peoples ships without warning including the ones NQ promoted you will only loose more players!   I am so glad I don't play this game anymore because NQ is going to kill it.  Here is for the VOCAL Minority in the game.  Keep it up and help NQ kill the game.  Most of us have moved on now so we don't care. 

Good bye DU  it was fun while it lasted.   

"I quit the game but no one noticed so I come back to the forums to announce I dOnT evEn PlAY ThiS dEd Gam over and over to make people think your absence is relevant."

If you don't play the game, great.  Let people who still want the game to succeed have a conversation please. 

If you bought a stacked ship tough love. You knew and if you did not the fact only handful of ship builders have the ability to make haulers that can haul 2-5 times everyone else should have been a sign something is not right. Pled ignorance, complain all you want. In the end your just self justifying your cheating.  

I'm happy players that really know how to properly engineer and build ships now can again without everyone passing their ships by because they cannot haul insane amounts of cargo. 

Small unintentional or even slightly overlooked stacking is not the problem. Making a ship to haul insane amounts of cargo or having a PvP ship the size of a pea shooter with the elements you would normally find on a capital ship is what this is all about. This whole matter is around the intent to abuse over the OMG I have one single overlapping element I accidently somehow did. This is why NQ wants to do this via reporting. 

I'm very curious that there are a lot of comrades here who have unsubscribe who are playing from the alpha / the beginning of the beta .. and asking the questions "oh my God, what is this stacking of elements?"

Are you guys serious? Are you pretending to be little children? Is it possible that after 1-2 years of playing you do not know what this is about right now? When do you add 10 more engines to 1 in the same position.. and you ned 2 ppl..? What kind of corners or buttons on the engine are we talking about. Gentlemen .. either you do not play this game and really do not understand what it is about right now, or you really muddy the waters on purpose.

You are all adult ppl.. but like a kids.. and say NQ so bad.. lol

Therefore, when people who still do not understand what is at stacking, please refrain from saying NQ do not know their game. .. Apparently you don’t know the game in 1-2 years, since you don’t understand what is at stacking.

I'll show you what a stacking is... who really dont know.. but i dont believe on that.
image.png.3fb40bc1f45340fe04ae6908f2b09a6f.png

And here you can see, and without NQ and investigation, that these are not random questions in the collision failure by 1 millimeter or half a voxel, this is a valuable fused use of bugs.

And yes, to repeat this, you need TWO people .. that mean they know what they doit and about this is exploit and etc.. so pls.. 

57 minutes ago, Feriniya said:

Are you guys serious? Are you pretending to be little children? Is it possible that after 1-2 years of playing you do not know what this is about right now? When do you add 10 more engines to 1 in the same position.. and you ned 2 ppl..? What kind of corners or buttons on the engine are we talking about. Gentlemen .. either you do not play this game and really do not understand what it is about right now, or you really muddy the waters on purpose.

TBH, I know what stacking is but I have no clue how to do it. Because building is boring to me and I never did any of that stuff. So yes, I can say I don't know how to do it ;)