Linked parcel container could stimulate player-made markets (and other benefits)

Briggenti

Fair disclosure, I manage a player-made market (poorly) so I also have a selfish interest in this.

If we could link to parcel containers, we COULD...

1. Market owners could place parcel containers at their market and rent them out to players. (The number and method are up to the market owner.)

2. Players could then VR to the market, link to the parcel container, and shop. Their items going into the parcel container.

3. Buyers then pack up their items and create a hauling mission, or fly there and pick up their purchases directly.

Already in the works?
Meh?
Nah?

11 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

Maybe I misunderstand:
Why can't containers and distributers that were made usable to a player not do the saem thing? I never tried, maybe my thought is somewhere wrong. So please correct me if I am wrong.   ?

Thanks for replying! I think one answer to your question is you can link to a normal container while in VR, but you cannot create hauling missions from it. And, you can create hauling missions from parcel containers, but not link to them. Hope that answers your question.
Aphelia markets currently have an advantage over player-made markets in that you can access them remotely from anywhere, make purchases, and create hauling missions to retrieve items to your parcel container at your base or wherever.

While you CAN visit a player-made market in VR, and the market owners could rent normal containers for buyers to link to for their purchases, the only way to retrieve items is to go there in person to pick them up.

I believe allowing linking to parcel containers could potentially make it easier to visit and purchase from them remotely, as well as increasing the number of player-made hauling missions.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:17 PM, Hirnsausen said:

Okay, thanks. I understand better now. The only thing I still do not understand is, what a "parcel container" is (probably just a language problem). Is it that part where your purchased items are waiting to be picked up?

So sorry, I wrote up a nice reply and I guess it didnt send!
A parcel container is a specialized type of container that players can place down and use to receive 'packages' when they create hauling missions.

BrewandPew has a nice video tutorial on how to set up player hauling missions: