In regards to the stacked elements exploit and the solution proposed.

fridaywitch

Hi there, so I've only been playing for a little over a week and I bought a custom made ship after saving up a lot of quanta.  Today I saw a post on the Discord stating that ships with stacked elements are subject to deletion without warning or compensation.

After some research, I found that the ship I bought has stacked elements.  If that ship gets deleted, I'm screwed.  For veteran players, I'm sure this is just a mild annoyance, but for newer players who bought a ship from a showroom they could really get screwed over.  I realize that this is an exploit and it needs to be fixed.  Perhaps instead of DELETION WITHOUT WARNING OR COMPENSATION, you could instead just disable the ship so they don't function until the stacked elements are separated?  At least that way, newer players don't entirely lose their investment and they can learn how to use build mode to separate the elements and still have a working ship even if it's a little ugly.  It still also solves the problem of people flying around with an exploit to give them an unfair advantage because their ship won't function.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT:  Before anyone responds...  Yes I know how to separate them and I intend on doing so, and I know where some stacked elements are but I'm really new at the game and I might not catch them all.  What if I separate all the elements I know of and it still gets deleted because I missed one?  If they just disabled the ship from being piloted, at least then if I missed an element that I could still correct it and not lose out on my investment.