AAR Lodestar Assembles. The Battle for Alioth’s first Exotic.

Devian

AAR Lodestar Assembles. The Battle for Alioth’s first Exotic.

P3vYdNH7KeKVSGFHmfFUJgVQTmv-uiiWhvdNS40vV-tRT822TBhrZUBozoA0S0tGw_xkrvZ8d-KLmMVdslQy1Jsmi26krG6rx-3tG5XoR3_tUgzjpUvdhC9vtpx1pOpT5pHHRnb-=s0

Friday 08:00- Blackbriar Intel picks up back channel chatter on Lodestar preparing for their first big form up. This explains the increase in naval activity at DSI, Havoc, IC, TYR, Empire and MTI shipyards over the last few days. Lodestar Command is trying hard to keep things on the downlow but the operative network is too deep, too well established for anything noteworthy to happen without being noticed.

Saturday 09:00-

Spymaster and all round good guy Devian pings Legion’s pvp core telling them to quietly prepare for a large scale fight and to not travel to asteroids solo this weekend.

Saturday 16:00

Legion encounter Empire enroute to Asteroid

"Empire was leaving safe zone enroute to an asteroid when they ran into Legion miners also enroute to the same asteroid. A fight began and throughout it both sides dealt blows; ultimately an LDS (Lodestar) L core took heavy damage with the shield going down and voxel torn apart by Hyperion and Co. During this time an Empire M core run my Lovoda and Joy were decimated by legion. Legion broke their shield and took out voxel upon voxel and elements upon elements however ultimately both the M and L core made it to safe zone but neither were able to return to the fight."

Sunday 20:00

Lodestar form up on Alioth first Exotic Asteroid approximately 32 ships of various sizes. This is the biggest gathering of Naval power seen by the newly formed Alliance formed from the ashes of unwanted Ascendancy orgs and anyone left on the Du server that can carry a gun. A motley crew of half dead or inactive orgs desperately trying to stay relevant and Empire 3.0 

They begin to mine the Asteroid enjoying this rare opportunity to mine T5 ore without fear of losing their ships.

Legion command summons its Armada on short notice and 23 L core class Nano ships answer the call (yes NG have some M cores bc #NGthings) and the posturing begins both sides have intelligence operatives feeding intel on each fleets respective movements as Legion slowly draws in on LDS forces.

Sunday 21:00  

Battle commences Legion calls LDS Box Turtle Primary 23 Legion ships engage 32 LDS ships. Both sides begin to trade blows and the battle breaks out into dozens of smaller engagements spread over many SU.  It does not take long before the Lodestar ships start turning tail and heading for safe zone having lost almost a complete third of their inexperienced fleet to the veteran Legion forces. The LDS crews are mercilessly hunted down or driven back to the safezone. Legion losses amount to one confirmed loss , two ships unconfirmed cored but recovered* for the loss of 10 possibly more Lodestar ships.  

Legion holds the field as one comes to expect these days. Those days may be numbered though. Only time will tell.

*Reports of actual casualties vary from both sides; only the void truly will know the truth.

Note one sneaky LDS crew tries to sneak back onto the field post battle running Legion tags to recover ships but is obliterated for its troubles.  

Both sides claim victory with LDS pilots thrilled to have snuck away with some T5 ore and hyped up from the impressive show of numbers.

Legion pilots are thrilled to have someone to brawl with as the seal clubbing season is becoming a little tiresome. 

Good fights all round and condolences to Havoc who had their destroyed lead ship the Box Turtle confiscated by NQ after they rode it back to the safe zone (no longer acceptable) and the prize was rightfully restored to Legion hands. 

Sources from the Nebulon command room stated that upon his return to Madis, Manfred Sideous threw his prized Jago Cigars out the window in a fit of rage and unsubbed his DU accounts and started to re-download Starbase. Thankfully the newly revitalized Empire 3.0 under the leadership of Premier Honvik will still provide us with some entertainment. 

Footage of the fight can be seen here taken by Alliance Executor and Atom PVP Director Greasie https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1145993936

*No Primates were harmed in the making of this AAR 

See you in Space. 

Devian.

Link to original

"Good fights all round and condolences to Havoc who had their destroyed lead ship the Box Turtle confiscated by NQ after they rode it back to the safe zone (no longer acceptable) and the prize was rightfully restored to Legion hands. " Has NQ made a statement publicly about this? I have not seen any regarding this no longer being acceptable.

Ah, not good fights all around- for you see.... A Hyperion Legion ship was just confiscated by the powers that be(and given to Lodestar) for venting their shields before it's in the game, which NQ doesn't allow ;)  How many of their ships also used this same glitch/exploit/mechanic, not sure- but I can say ya'll are a bunch of grifters unequivocally.... and we now have receipts to prove it, and our prize was rightfully restored to Lodestar hands.

If you're going to point out use of an 'exploit' in the forums and the mods are gonna allow it, it's only fair that the one's legion uses is also pointed out. IMHO, it's far more severe than sitting on a ship floating back into safe space. 

This is why care-bears don't want to join PVP. You have groups constantly exploiting mechanics in fights- people installing spies for social engineering into other orgs- all around bad sportsmanship from core PVP groups... why would any sensible person want to get into PVP? Sounds like a great, and productive use of time!

1 minute ago, Koffye said:

Sounds like a person who can't lose. Do you create always excuses like this?
Shield glitch.. Yeah sure.

We had it confirmed by NQ after they looked at logs, the ships, and video of the situation. They literally handed over the legion ship to us because without the shield glitch we would have cored it. 

24 minutes ago, Koffye said:

Is it possible to show some evidence? That make me curious, otherwise i cannot believe you.

Something like a video capture of the situation would be great!

Posting the video probably isn't even allowed as it showcases an exploit, nor is talking about exploits if you're gonna go down the rabbit hole of NQ's rules. Nor is posting any of the communications with NQ allowed under their rules. What I will show you is the ship that was given to us by our game overlords, as I'm fairly certain that's allowed(ish)

dualuniverse_2021-09-12_22h23m26s.png

11 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

Posting the video probably isn't even allowed as it showcases an exploit, nor is talking about exploits if you're gonna go down the rabbit hole of NQ's rules. Nor is posting any of the communications with NQ allowed under their rules. What I will show you is the ship that was given to us by our game overlords, as I'm fairly certain that's allowed(ish)

Did nq confirm that it was an exploit? 

That's an interessting question. I  was the pilot of this ship and my shield never drops below 60%. There were are no "venting". Maybe the combat timer expired. It was a long night. Is there any evidence i would realy like to see it, The performance this night was really not the best. Seems asynchron clients to me. But is this here the future ? Every time a player lose a pvp fight he runs to nq to decide the fight ? Like a teacher at the schoolyard.

The exciting thing is that the ship is still in our base. An NQ employee must have copied it 1: 1 and given it to our enemies without doing any further research. That is not acceptable. In addition, we rebuilt the ship many hours after the fight, so we were able to identify it perfectly. Apparently this later version was handed out. If there is a "proof video" you will find that the arrangement of the weapons is different from the screenshot. We double checked the script, there is nothing in it that seems suspicious in any way. A ticket was opened and the log files were saved.

I request a public statement from NQ on this incident asap.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:21 AM, N19Ultimate said:

Did nq confirm that it was an exploit? 

Yes a long time ago by saying if it looks and feels like an exploit, it’s an exploit. People trying to play the grey area game should just be banned imo.

6 hours ago, Physics said:

Yes a long time ago by saying if it looks and feels like an exploit, it’s an exploit. People trying to play the grey area game should just be banned imo.

Only NQ can say "that is an exploit". Did they? No. All we can see here is your propaganda. If you have any evidence for an exploit ? Then show it and end the discussion. We wait for it for days.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:13 PM, BlindingBright said:

That ship looks like it's out of that new PC game coming up -- the Exploiters of Legion. Looks like that game will tank though, it's not very popular with players.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, noggen said:

I request a public statement from NQ on this incident asap.

Good luck with that. NQ never explains stuff.

They took a ship we killed from our graveyard and gave it back to the victim with 0 explanation. (our name logger logged NQ-<someone> and ship disappeared at the same time).

• 2 months later...