Safe & Freight Engines need a buff

Waffle Boy

So one element I've noticed that never gets used are the Safe Engines.

While every engine in existence is getting created, Safe engines lag behind considerably. It's been a long time since the start of beta and the only thing that gets sold at the market are Uncommon XS - L Safe Engines. Nobody wants to make higher tiers and and nobody wants to buy them.  Meanwhile Rare XL of every kind are being produced & sold.

Consider buffing them or making them extremely cheap to make.  Maybe get rid of them altogether.

I might also add that Freight Engines rarely get made, but they are still selling at least. Maybe reduce the fuel consumption more or weigh it down less.

Wait people are actually making and buying freight engines?  I was joking with a friend the other day I doubt any of them have ever been made.  They are pointless.  They have the same thrust as non military. The same fuel consumption as non military.  All other states are identical with the exception of slight variations in resistances. Except fright engines have 4x the warm up of the others (maneuvers are far superior in this department).  Basically why would you ever use a freight engine instead of a maneuver engine.  They even cost the same to produce each type. 

And sure lets go ahead and talk about the Uncommon/Advanced/Rare variants.  I swear someone who does not play DU, or even play video games created these numbers.  I mean how do you go for 64s warmup for uncommon, 128s warmup for advanced,  256s warmup for rare.  I mean the only way this could have happened was someone just dumped numbers into it thinking bigger number is better without knowing what that number actually did.  Granted rates do have a better fuel savings then rares. But the fuel savings does not warrant the warmup penalty when all the other stats are the exact same as a maneuver engine and they cost the same (Except resistances). 

Proposed first round balance changes:

Safe and freight engine schematic cost should be halved.  Safe engine parts requirements should be reduced by 25%. Freight engine parts requirements should be reduced by 50%. 

Freight engines thrust should be increased to to that of military variants (16% increase) Safe engines  thrust should be increased 8%.  Freight engines warmup time should be 128s for normal down to 64s for rare. 

This would leave military engines as king of thrust with a good warmup. just poor fuel consumption. And Maneuver engines with a standard thrust but superior warmup and good fuel economy.

And this would give you 4 classes of engines.

Freight Engines.  Cheap, Strong thrust for those heavy loads, but slow to react. 

Safe Engines.  Does nothing special, but does not do anything bad. 

Maneuver Engines.  Reacts quickly, good on fuel, average thrust. 

Military Engines.  Strong thrust, Good reaction, poor fuel.