reversed dispenser

fridaywitchx

• 4 months later...
On 9/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, laicheeeee said:

you could set up what you want to take(ore, element, erc), and it would take it. It would give a data item in exchange :)

I would suspect the primary use of such an element would be to give quanta in exchange for an item, but one that gives one item for another is also an idea.

2 hours ago, Lachesis said:

In fact, I would even prefer to use the same dispenser for sale and acquisition, with the same batches, just (optionally) two different prices.  In particular, I would like to offer automatic buyback for accidental purchases.

You could always just set up a second dispenser linked to the same container with what it gives and takes reversed if they did ever finally add in reverse-dispensers. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:52 PM, Taelessael said:

You could always just set up a second dispenser linked to the same container

No, you couldn't. You can not use the same container for more than one dispenser. I do not know why :)

9 minutes ago, Sawafa said:

No, you couldn't. You can not use the same container for more than one dispenser. I do not know why :)

How odd... I suppose it could be for issues involving item duplication via latency? So to circumvent it you'd need some transfer units and a second container... possibly a programming board with a script to control the transfer units so as to keep the containers' contents roughly equally divided between the two cans...

• 2 weeks later...