Ares update added to DU roadmap - Official discussion thread

NQ-Pann

The Dual Universe roadmap that we presented in July has been revised with an additional update, Ares (0.26.10), sliding in before Demeter (0.27), which has, in turn, been slightly delayed.  

Ares will bring more changes to PvP with the addition of Shields v2 thanks to the introduction of adjustable resistances and venting to complement the feature introduced in Apollo (0.26). Together with a new victory condition called “Core Combat Stress”, we hope to offer an improved PvP experience as players continue to fight for the riches of the newly introduced asteroids. Watch for an upcoming devblog that will cast more light on these PvP-related topics. 

What features and changes are you looking forward to in the Ares update? 

1 hour ago, NQ-Pann said:

I'm excited about the progress. Especially when it comes to Asteorid gameplay.

What I'd like to see is a balance within PVP/Asteroid Gameplay giving me the reason to risk my new Asteroid-Ship out in the belts searching for some ore I don't have. My personal equation is : if the chance% to get some ("Cobalt or Gold" * "the chance% to survive gonna get it" *100) < 5000 - I'm absolutely not interested to your new gameplay. Of course 10000 would be the optimum for me :D but I'm fine if its half of that. 

Currently, as it is now, the quotation equals something like 100 ?

We need an Asteroid belt in which you have to be found first before shot down. In that belt there is much more then 3 boulders having rares visible/trackable for anyone from scratch far far away. You have to be there to scan them. That would be cool. 

I'm definitely not consider myself to be the cannonfodder for others to enjoy the game.

But I'm hopeful the progress progresses for the good balance :D

THANKS!

1 hour ago, Captain Hills said:

What I'd like to see is a balance within PVP/Asteroid Gameplay giving me the reason to risk my new Asteroid-Ship out in the belts searching for some ore I don't have. My personal equation is : if the chance% to get some ("Cobalt or Gold" * "the chance% to survive gonna get it" *100) < 5000 - I'm absolutely not interested to your new gameplay. Of course 10000 would be the optimum for me :D but I'm fine if its half of that. 

We need an Asteroid belt in which you have to be found first before shot down. In that belt there is much more then 3 boulders having rares visible/trackable for anyone from scratch far far away. You have to be there to scan them. That would be cool. 

I'm definitely not consider myself to be the cannonfodder for others to enjoy the game.

THANKS!

Or if they removed information from the dsat to make it more of a hunt rather than a beacon the second you sneeze in the vicinity of one. Safe Space or otherwise.

Great update but where are features that ACTUALLY MATTER like:

• Better chat system
  • Company groups for fleet actions or just seeing where friends are a (because you know space is fecking big)
  • Offline messaging (like seriously its 2021)
  • Less dependent on tools not exclusively run by NQ I.E. Discord.

Good content but there are bigger issues than what types of ammo can take a shield down.

15 hours ago, Captain Hills said:

THANKS!

You do realise that you can go to most discovered PvP roids (rare and below) and mine T3+ without seeing anyone?  Most of the pirates are hunting roids when discovered.  Been doing it for the last week, cleared hundreds of KL of T3+ solo.

7 hours ago, Moosegun said:

You do realise that you can go to most discovered PvP roids (rare and below) and mine T3+ without seeing anyone?  Most of the pirates are hunting roids when discovered.  Been doing it for the last week, cleared hundreds of KL of T3+ solo.

I never thought about that .. interesting 

6 hours ago, Captain Hills said:

I never thought about that .. interesting 

This is what I tried to explain to you last time but you didn't listen.

You released a video saying that thanks to her you understood the mechanics and that what I'm saying was wrong.

In short, a classic DU player.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:02 AM, Knight-Sevy said:

You released a video saying that thanks to her you understood the mechanics ...

You shouldn't mix this up. That was a total different discussion. And still, if you want to scan an Asteroid you have to take the expensive equipment into space to track it down - nothing has changed on that. In case of PVP area you can loose 10 times more that you can win.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:39 AM, Musclethorpe said:

I keep seeing people discussing the CCS, but I can't find any details on it.

Because the details are nebulous, with NQ telling people they can find out the values via LUA and for the community to do its own research. There is no mention of the formula, or how it works. Just that it's based off of voxels on the ship, and has a exponential fall off and a maximum. beyond that, ya gotta find the values/info for yourself.

9 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

Because the details are nebulous, with NQ telling people they can find out the values via LUA and for the community to do its own research. There is no mention of the formula, or how it works. Just that it's based off of voxels on the ship, and has a exponential fall off and a maximum. beyond that, ya gotta find the values/info for yourself.

I don't even know how this system relates to ship destruction in regards to voxels. Like, at all.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, Captain Hills said:

You shouldn't mix this up. That was a total different discussion. And still, if you

want to scan an Asteroid you have to take the expensive equipment into space to track it down - nothing has changed on that. In case of PVP area you can loose 10 times more that you can win.

Sorry but this is not true, a DSAT is worth 10m, you can pull 10x that value from a fresh roid pretty quickly if you are first there taking the risk. 

4 hours ago, Moosegun said:

Sorry but this is not true, a DSAT is worth 10m, you can pull 10x that value from a fresh roid pretty quickly if you are first there taking the risk. 

hmmm... this needs a ship with 10 L containers to haul

a big vessel I'd say, except you fly couple times

and on arrival/landing - how much time do you have until the PVPlers sitting on stage 5 for "your" fresh scanned roid will visit you ?

the time is not given to dig such a big hole 

I'm not convinced - the only thing what makes sense is going there some days after the announcement because the PVP aspect there has cooled down

4 hours ago, Captain Hills said:

hmmm... this needs a ship with 10 L containers to haul

a big vessel I'd say, except you fly couple times

and on arrival/landing - how much time do you have until the PVPlers sitting on stage 5 for "your" fresh scanned roid will visit you ?

the time is not given to dig such a big hole 

I'm not convinced - the only thing what makes sense is going there some days after the announcement because the PVP aspect there has cooled down

We have a space platform in the safe zone of several planets (which are open to rent if you are interested), we run space only S core ships that can easily move 14 containers but you dont need to get anywhere near that number (mine has 6).  Space only ships are FAR more efficient and far less risk.  Personally if you are not using them for both mining and missions you are doing it wrong.  The only big money is the DSAT and the space engines (can give you whole ship spec if you like).  You go there, find the T4 and T5 (some T4 is actually worth more and easier to mine).  Rinse up 20KL of Cobaltite alone is worth 20M lol.   

Personally I dont think it is worth the risk solo discover, you need at LEAST a scout to cover the ship and be ready to warp.  Unless you are going to stick to uncommon and advanced roids.

Like I said though, solos can get paid just as much, at much lower risk just hitting up discovered and you still get that bit of jeopardy to keep it exciting.  

Please dont take offence, but this seems to be someone who is actually doing something, being told they are wrong by someone who is theorising lol.  Would be happy to take you out and show you the ropes some time if you like.  Too much theorising on this forum, more people should just dive in an DU it.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:15 AM, NQ-Pann said:

The Dual Universe roadmap that we presented in July has been revised with an additional update, Ares (0.26.10), sliding in before Demeter (0.27), which has, in turn, been slightly delayed.  

Ares will bring more changes to PvP with the addition of Shields v2 thanks to the introduction of adjustable resistances and venting to complement the feature introduced in Apollo (0.26). Together with a new victory condition called “Core Combat Stress”, we hope to offer an improved PvP experience as players continue to fight for the riches of the newly introduced asteroids. Watch for an upcoming devblog that will cast more light on these PvP-related topics. 

When will the New Planet system be Put on the Road Map ???, My Passion is Exploration I have explore alll that is currently in the game. so right now I am stagnate, I have done everything i wanted to do, all my ships are done, all my bases are done.