Money Sink

SevSaint

Ways people are generating money. AI missions or daily log ins. Eventually due to log ins and player count there will be trillions of quanta. Without things like market tax, and schematics there is no money sink to kind of keep the market for exploding in inflation. Consumable things aren't really sinks. Scrap, for instance, doesn't really sink money. It just transfers from player to player and the said player gets rich by selling scrap. The market is just constant transferring of money from player to player and the only loss is the tax system.  There needs to be more sinks in place to prevent huge amounts of inflation. With the introduction of the AI missions players can farm money adding to the collective players wealth which in the long run will cause prices to soar. For instance, if the market had another item bought that wasn't from players but AI and was consumable and needed then players would cycle money out of player to player exchanges and slowly balance things out. Eve had several sinks. One of which was the insurance of ships. You got a portion of the money back in value of the ship but not as much. The parts lost had to be replaced which had to be remade. I can see huge issues down the road if the market isn't better handled by the devs now. 

Schematics are the quanta sink.  it could cost you half a billion quanta to setup a line to produce a single item. 

Guess what else is coming. Property maintenance.  IE eventually your going to be paying a monthly fee for each territory you control. (granted much like purchasing I would not be surprised if the first one is free or cheap, and it gets progressively costlier the more you have). 

So I would not worry about money sinks. 

23 hours ago, SevSaint said:

Ways people are generating money. AI missions or daily log ins. Eventually due to log ins and player count there will be trillions of quanta. Without things like market tax, and schematics there is no money sink to kind of keep the market for exploding in inflation. Consumable things aren't really sinks. Scrap, for instance, doesn't really sink money. It just transfers from player to player and the said player gets rich by selling scrap. The market is just constant transferring of money from player to player and the only loss is the tax system.  There needs to be more sinks in place to prevent huge amounts of inflation. With the introduction of the AI missions players can farm money adding to the collective players wealth which in the long run will cause prices to soar. For instance, if the market had another item bought that wasn't from players but AI and was consumable and needed then players would cycle money out of player to player exchanges and slowly balance things out. Eve had several sinks. One of which was the insurance of ships. You got a portion of the money back in value of the ship but not as much. The parts lost had to be replaced which had to be remade. I can see huge issues down the road if the market isn't better handled by the devs now. 

ironic. a few months ago everyone was complaining there were 'too many' sinks. how the turntables.

9 hours ago, Honvik said:

Just remember and I think people forget that newbies really struggle to make a lot of quanta fast.  It is us vets that have it a bit easier as we are amassing assets.  There has to be a happy middle point :)

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

Indeed, we dont need money sinks, we need solutions for exploids and stuff that generates quanta unfairly.

At the moment not only newbies but also alot of other players who play by the book are in the struggle, not because they are broke but because playing outside the book is to lucrative and all that dont are left behind.

I suppose this is not the intend of NQ and  a simple solution would be to fix one end or up the daily quanta to a fair amount.

There will certainly be ways to transfer one's quanta into the subscription, at least I remember reading something like that once.
There are many other things that can quickly take a lot of quanta out of the game, starting with pets, mounts, interiors, pictures, if you also integrate these things into the achievement system. You could also just add a colour palette to the game to colour your elements like engines - this costs quanta every time you have colour changes.

It is important at this point to have a balance so that one is not forced to spend quanta and there is a corresponding compulsion to earn quanta. One should avoid logging into the game only to fulfil an obligation, but to play and relax and have fun. If you were to introduce a compulsory tax on terretories, for example, you would already have introduced a compulsion to play in order not to lose the things you have earned. I myself would consider that wrong.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

finite amount of quanta / currency.

Yes, this is not how the real world financial system is working.

However just for thoughts:

If there would be a finite amount of currency only, what would be the impact?

Items / ore would be much more valueable, shareable outside of the official markets.

Which then begs the question of finite ressources / ores (Asteroids).

Wasn't there a NQ staff taking care of the markets / in game business model?