Inquiry about the lighting changes and the color design of Voxel

Zarcata

Hi, I currently have the problem that through the last changes to the lighting my whole structure comes across enormously darkened, although it is polished dark green steel, there are now hardly any reflections to install meaningful lighting, so that the structure as such as previously recognized and with lighting effects more atmospheric.
Will there be adjustments in this regard again or will this now remain so enormously darkened?

1370921072_Screenshot(3412).png

As said use proper lights. Just avoid the "Long" lights since they have ironically a much shorter throw then vertical and square lights.

Headlights are also good, and as a bonus has a proper industrial look to them.

11 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

Luminescent White Voxel doesn't cast light, it just "glows". Try adding Vertical Lights for max light casting, or other element lights to create accents.

Luminescent voxels don't exactly cast light, but they actually work really well to light spaces.  If you're far away from them, they don't produce any light at all.  But the closer you are to them the brighter everything in your view gets.  If your standing directly on top of luminescent voxels it's almost too bright.  Using blocks of luminescent voxels as lights on the ceiling will light a space as long as you're inside it though.

i have already tried out all the lights in the game. however, i feel that the cones of light, i.e. the amount of light that is emitted, is too low compared to before the patch. You now need a lot more lamps to achieve the same or similar effect.
To me it seems as if spatial effects are no longer properly illuminated in three dimensions. It seems different somehow.

Screenshot (3545).png

599826297_Screenshot(3546).png

15 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Luminescent voxels don't exactly cast light, but they actually work really well to light spaces.  If you're far away from them, they don't produce any light at all.  But the closer you are to them the brighter everything in your view gets.  If your standing directly on top of luminescent voxels it's almost too bright.  Using blocks of luminescent voxels as lights on the ceiling will light a space as long as you're inside it though.

IMHO what you are noticing is the reflections / bloom of the illuminated object, not light casting directly. If I turn bloom off it'll just be a white line on my screen. Reflections of a Bright surface still appear to make a surface look "lit up" but it's not the same as casting direct light onto the surface... these are two different things. 

DU defaults to Bloom Enabled now, which IIRC it didn't before 0.25. So their is a proper "glow" from light sources.

Also NQ appeared to change the way the game casts global illumination- darker areas are... darker now... not that more light  was being cast before. 

5 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

IMHO what you are noticing is the reflections / bloom of the illuminated object, not light casting directly. If I turn bloom off it'll just be a white line on my screen. Reflections of a Bright surface still appear to make a surface look "lit up" but it's not the same as casting direct light onto the surface... these are two different things. 

DU defaults to Bloom Enabled now, which IIRC it didn't before 0.25. So their is a proper "glow" from light sources.

It's all a simulation. Nothing is actually casting light.  Both of them make surfaces look lit up.

Light elements simulate a beam of light.  It looks cool, but lighting huge areas with them is inefficient.

Luminescent voxels brighten everything in your view.  It might not be realistic, but it works.