Updating the DU wiki - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

I like it. 

Things I'd like to see is a trivial help for starters. Including all stumblestones. Not for me but for the new players.

I looked up the "Dual Universe Lua Scripting" - I'm missing examples. The pure syntax is nice but snipplets/examples would help a lot.

I dont like the Fandom thingsbums .. its not DU .. its other things causing a click orgy to not needed info.

Apart of that - THANKS.

User experience is key if you want us to contribute content / documentation to a wiki. The current wiki on fandom.com is a place where I choose not to spend time precisely because of the overwhelming number of ads. I do use adblockers; many don't. Try browsing the wiki on a mobile device. it's an exercise in exacerbation.

I think that the community would populate and update the wiki if the user experience showed that, frankly, you cared about the user experience. Please consider a budget item to pay for professional wiki hosting with zero advertisements and a style that fits with the rest of your online presence.

• 2 weeks later...

What can it cost in terms of technical requirements to host a wiki by NQ itself? Next to nothing.

I second the befitting style / design.

If this is not an NQ prio then the suggested support by users is one way to go - that's what a wiki is all about with user generated content / swarm intelligence.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to echo the others’ comments about fandom. That site is an advertisement with a wiki attached. On mobile its literally unusable. Anything, I mean anything else would be preferred. I spend a ton of time in DU and know all kinds of stuff. I wouldn’t mind updating a wiki for others. I sure as hell won’t grace that site with my traffic. 

Tl:dr  wiki good. Fandom bad.