Was the ore on planets and moons ever replaced/re-seeded?

OverLordByron

I left a while back after the 0.23 patch, and there was talk of NQ trying to find a way to re-seed the ore on the celestial bodies. 

I've recently found myself specifically missing the mining gameplay loop DU had and am considering returning to the game. I know the devs added asteroid mining, but I can't find anything on the forum about whether the planet/moon ore was ever replaced. Anyone have the answer? 

To my knowledge there has never been any ore reseeding. There was some stuff that happened caused by database problems, but not a planned reseed.

Only thing they did was turn up the density of pick-able ground ore a bit and that's that.

I suspect that NQ feels that reseeding ore would be admitting that there is a problem with the core concept of having a fully consistent world in a MMO.

Many in my circle of players find it a good thing if the current planet mining is suppressed.
This will help address several issues while retaining existing gameplay elements.
And certainly resetting planet voxels will have performance benefits for players.

- Manual mining on asteroids allows you to create hot spots in both PvP and PvE. People will see other players more often and feel in an MMO without complaining about not bumping into anyone (planets are actually too big to bump into other players on a regular basis).

- The addition of automatic mining units will keep the gameplay of scanning to find the best territories. It will also combo very well with the mission system where the freighters will move with packet aphelia and ore produced automatically. The loss of these against pirates would be less painful because not extracted by hand.

- A surface ore buff should certainly be necessary to allow the beginner to obtain resources in a suitable way.