Graphics

Sassiee

When DU is finally released as a full game will there be any improvement at all in the graphics? IMO I find them rather dull atm  considering all the other MMO very high quality eye candy this ranks about a 4/10 in my books, if it improves that would be awesome if not then I cant see me getting into it.

Thanks

DU has a larger game world then any of those games. 

100% of the world is editable.

Everyone plays in the same world.

Seamless travel from any point to any point in the world with no loading screens.

And you can build stuff and then make it fly.

As far as i know there are no other games that have even two of those features in the same game.  Let alone all five.

4 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

DU has a larger game world then any of those games. 

100% of the world is editable.

Everyone plays in the same world.

Seamless travel from any point to any point in the world with no loading screens.

And you can build stuff and then make it fly.

As far as i know there are no other games that have even two of those features in the same game.  Let alone all five.

Thanks for the reply, but, that has nothing what so ever to do with my original post....  Also fyi it is far from seamless ATM every X seconds it takes a slight pause as the terrain changes that alone drives me crazy, I played EVE for many years and other than all the building stuff it is far superior and also is single shard however EVE got to greedy and started listening to the wrong people, anyway that's a whole other story.  I'm not sure what sims/mmo's  you play but the ones I play do not have loading screens.

2 hours ago, Sassiee said:

Thanks for the reply, but, that has nothing what so ever to do with my original post....  

There are roadmaps that shows what has been planned over the years, but it has been out of date for a long time because too much has been pushed around and the wrong people have been listened to. Key features have also been postponed from the main goal at kickstarter, so that they no longer appear at the time of release but later. Most of those who wanted a 2nd EVE have moved on because they won't find it in DU. A quick look at all the org advertisements from 2017 to 2020 and today will show you the difference.

TLDR: No one can answer that for you.
I've put together the 3 roadmaps I know of. The first two are older, the last one was published in July this year. I leave the conclusion to you.

https://imgur.com/a/5j6CQ73

Edited by SirJohn85
Minor spell correction.

7 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

There are roadmaps that shows what has been planned over the years, but it has been out of date for a long time because too much has been pushed around and the wrong people have been listened to. Key features have also been postponed from the main goal at kickstarter, so that they no longer appear at the time of release but later. Most of those who wanted a 2nd EVE have moved on because they won't find it in DU. A quick look at all the org commercials from 2017 to 2020 and today will show you the difference.

TLDR: No one can answer that for you.
I've put together the 3 roadmaps I know of. The first two are older, the last one was published in July this year. I leave the conclusion to you.

https://imgur.com/a/5j6CQ73

Well I guess I will just have to wait and see before any financial investment on my part is made...thanks for the Road Maps

Slowly graphics have altered and improved.  For example they did a pass at the terrain to make it more pretty and then noticing how much it loads up especially in space they reduced the load to help with FPS drops.  I noticed every patch there are improvements in some areas.

14 hours ago, Sassiee said:

Thanks for the reply, but, that has nothing what so ever to do with my original post....

It has everything to do with your post though.

It's not technically possible for them to make a game that's a 10/10 in every area.

So they made choices.

You can have a game that's visually a 10/10 if you want.  Just not this game.

4/10 for DU?

My god do not watch StarBase which is the "competitor" of Dual Universe because it must be 1/10

If graphics are so important to you, unfortunately (in fact, luckily the last thing we don't need is to invest development time in graphics and not gameplay / stability) you can come back. on StarCitizen for that.

6 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

4/10 for DU?

My god do not watch StarBase which is the "competitor" of Dual Universe because it must be 1/10

If graphics are so important to you, unfortunately (in fact, luckily the last thing we don't need is to invest development time in graphics and not gameplay / stability) you can come back. on StarCitizen for that.

n Sorry to disappoint you but that is my opinion and if you do not like that fine, you can have both easily if they so chose it's all a matter of how much they wish to spend to do it and in todays saturated gaming world, especially mmo's graphics are very important regardless if you like it or not.

They are making improvements.

But honestly I don't really see what they can do better.

To rate the game 4/10 is either because you take into account display bugs or terrain generation when you rate.
Or you are too demanding.

The MMO set to become the most played around the world right now is FF14. And it is not the most beautiful.

1 hour ago, Knight-Sevy said:

They are making improvements.

But honestly I don't really see what they can do better.

To rate the game 4/10 is either because you take into account display bugs or terrain generation when you rate.
Or you are too demanding.

The MMO set to become the most played around the world right now is FF14. And it is not the most beautiful.

I just asked the question if it would improve or not,  FF14 is a lot more graphical pleasing not to mention it's been around for years and they have managed to keep content fresh and current, regardless if you agree or not there are a very large group of gamers who are drawn not only to a great story line but great graphics that perform well on todays gaming machines, sub-par graphics will slowly kill any game including this, it just gets very boring my 4/10 still stands. Again this is my opinion not yours or anyone else I'm not looking for excuses just an honest answer if it will be improved or not.

11 hours ago, Sassiee said:

n Sorry to disappoint you but that is my opinion and if you do not like that fine, you can have both easily if they so chose it's all a matter of how much they wish to spend to do it 

I mean i guess technically that is true.  As long as you don't mind being required to spend $10,000 on a new computer that can actually run the game.

Choices.