Voxels are useless now

After the Apollo update, voxels have become useless in PvP, now no one uses them on warships, I'm disappointed. Previously, PvP was more interesting....

9 hours ago, Walter said:

Yes it was a soft wipe of sorts all previous combat ships are useless now. And all effort put on them was a waste of time.

If you are designing ANY combat ships around the current combat mechanics of course you are going to have to rebuild them lol.  Did you think pvp was going to stay the same?

PvP is far from finished, what was meta yesterday wont be today.  What is meta today, wont be tomorrow.  Get used to it for a while.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:47 PM, SneakySnake said:

After the Apollo update, voxels have become useless in PvP, now no one uses them on warships, I'm disappointed. Previously, PvP was more interesting....

Do you mean now ships are being made with zero voxels and are just a bunch of elements?  I did wonder why elements dont need voxels and vice versa to connect and provide a shell.  

On 8/19/2021 at 2:47 PM, SneakySnake said:

yup... maybe nerf shields by half

There is also a exploit that was reported with shields and no voxels hence why they are done that way and why some people are making ships like that.  Its been reported but no fix.  I always found it odd that you do not need voxels to make a craft.  Well another nail in the coffin :).  Although I hear without those voxels ships can go super fast before a shield dies :)

not sure if I understand this correctly, but does this mean that voxels on a ship do not add any resistance to weapon impacts any longer ?

..if so what are the statistics on specific materials for, the resistance values at example ?

thanks for clarifying

42 minutes ago, Captain Hills said:

not sure if I understand this correctly, but does this mean that voxels on a ship do not add any resistance to weapon impacts any longer ?

..if so what are the statistics on specific materials for, the resistance values at example ?

thanks for clarifying

No, it means that if you build a "meta" ship for pvp right now that using voxels will likely increase your hit probability, and with shields there is less/no need for voxel armor... so running a "Glass Cannon" ship without voxels is becoming the current meta due to decreased hit-chance, less weight, more speed, etc.

Though I'm not a hardcore pvper so take my words with an entire salt shaker.

I said this would happen the first day they put shields on the test server and announced the voxel nerf.  They doubled the damage of weapons and reduced effective armor HP by up to 70%.  Even posted it in the discussions. 

The shield is the equivalent of about 1kt of armor mass.  

However shields are worth allot more then armor. When your getting hit in the armor your modules can also take damage. With shields you dont take module damage.  Basically meaning you needed to add more armor, and more modules since you would be loosing some of them early in battle.  

However because your no longer loosing modules early in battle. you dont need those xtra modules/armor.  Infact if you get rid of all your armor your halfing your ships weight.  Which means you can reduce thrust and adjustors and brakes. which also reduces fuel.   Now you have a ship that costs a fraction of what it did before.  And its going to be much smaller which means its going to be harder to hit. And a lower hit chance is a sort of effective armor.