Concern about the future of the game

shadowfyre2

13 minutes ago, Noddles said:

The game was never meant to have this much safe zone content

True. 

14 minutes ago, Noddles said:

or be this playable by solos

False. 

But what ever the game was meant was proven to be not viable. And the management was changed because of that. 

14 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

But what ever the game was meant was proven to be not viable. And the management was changed because of that. 

Which leads me back to my original concern. Is this game for me? It there a place for me in this universe or is it a niche game focused on pvp. Right now the game doesn't have enough support for a pvp centric game because they want a living universe and doesn't have the bots to run the economy for shipbuilding. And without pve gameplay I doubt they will gain that sector of the players. Maybe it can be another eve online, I don't know. 

29 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

But what ever the game was meant was proven to be not viable. And the management was changed because of that. 

The game was viable till 0.23 with whatever pvp we had, if i would guess the head chopping had to do with 0.23 where they lost thousands of players, and in the aftermath with the schematics scam where they lost even more. But Pride prevented any return on decisions and we are left with the debree.

Indeed my opinion, and shared with atleast 70 others i know off, but this is not a pissing contest. 

I think we both can agree there were some grave judgement and development errors made in the resent past.

9 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

For 3 million quanta you have a small full space cargo ship S.

this is true my friend, and its a sum everyone can invest if he wants the glossy ore out there !

... but you missed something - you need an Asteroid scanner and *uuuppps* it costs 10 times of what your 3kk vessel costs

if you catch miner, blow em up, take their ship and sell the DSAT on the marked, you will be a very wealthy guy very quickly until the FUBAR-ones don't like to loose their 30-40 Millions ships to the PVP Gameplay constantly. Even though - I fully understand the PVP guys. They didn't play that much but screaming for PVP. Its now time for them to jerk off. I'm glad for them.

I just hope for a good balance and with this I hope for good ideas. And I'm optimistic there because only the optimum can survive in the gaming sector. If there is just PVP left in the game its like Africa with only lions. And the previous chickens (all eaten up by the lions) play the next Landwirtschaftssimulator.

:P

15 minutes ago, Captain Hills said:

this is true my friend, and its a sum everyone can invest if he wants the glossy ore out there !

... but you missed something - you need an Asteroid scanner and *uuuppps* it costs 10 times of what your 3kk vessel costs

if you catch miner, blow em up, take their ship and sell the DSAT on the marked, you will be a very wealthy guy very quickly until the FUBAR-ones don't like to loose their 30-40 Millions ships to the PVP Gameplay constantly. Even though - I fully understand the PVP guys. They didn't play that much but screaming for PVP. Its now time for them to jerk off. I'm glad for them.

I just hope for a good balance and with this I hope for good ideas. And I'm optimistic there because only the optimum can survive in the gaming sector. If there is just PVP left in the game its like Africa with only lions. And the previous chickens (all eaten up by the lions) play the next Landwirtschaftssimulator.

Agreed, 

2 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You should quote something before writing "agree". 

Thought it was more obvious 

21 minutes ago, Aaron Cain said:

Indeed my opinion, and shared with atleast 70 others

I guess i was alone in thinking that grinding and looking at empty space for 3 hour travel was not fun..

Hell, NQ even did a full communication just for me alone:

In that blog the asteroids were supposed to be for the miners, to give more opportunities to mine. But then anything above t3 is in pvp areas so now they are for pkers to use to draw out non combatants to be killed.  This is a mistake if their goal is to make mining more fun. 

53 minutes ago, Captain Hills said:

36 minutes ago, shadowfyre2 said:

Agreed, 

Thought it was more obvious 

You do not need to bring your DSAT to the vessel operating the asteroids.
It is an investment that you do not risk "in battle".

Besides, you can mine ateroids already discovered.

You try to explain game mechanics but seem to have only skimmed over them without attempting to delve into them.

20 minutes ago, shadowfyre2 said:

In that blog the asteroids were supposed to be for the miners, to give more opportunities to mine. But then anything above t3 is in pvp areas so now they are for pkers to use to draw out non combatants to be killed.  This is a mistake if their goal is to make mining more fun. 

You did not answer me ?

What the hell are you going to do with T5 ore ?

5 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Whats the relevance of this question? 

1st you are ignoring t4 and the best scap there is. 

2nd he can be storing it for a future need. Its not up to you to question this. 

4 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

You try to explain game mechanics but seem to have only skimmed over them without attempting to delve into them.

Until now i only used the DSAT once in stage "one" - and stage "two" told me to scan again when in 10km range of that asteroid ¿?

Apart of that, known boulders can be harvested - that I knew. But scanning new ones was the new Gameplay to me I wanted to try out.

I probably misunderstood the mechanics if you say there is no scanner in PVP area needed any longer. I apologize and will have closer look.

3 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

T5 for sale but t4 and t3 for industry. And there's a much danger there.  

7 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Which locks me out of the exploration and discovery aspects of the game. Exploration being one of the pillars which attracted me to the game to begin with. I don't mind making it more difficult enjoy parts of the game but to lock me out for the sake of pvp is concerning. 

I am reminded of UO who tried a similar pvp model. They ended up having to set up non pvp servers to attract gamers. They had previously content though. DU, not having npcs, would be less able to do this and I would prefer pvp players to be a part of the same universe as me, if I can enjoy the game without pkers or griefers. At this point, with them stating the higher tiers of ore is placed in pvp areas so players can fight of resources,  I am concerned they are ignoring non pvp aspects of the game to focus on pvp to the detriment of the player base who aren't blood thirsty.

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Whats the relevance of this question? 

1st you are ignoring t4 and the best scap there is. 

2nd he can be storing it for a future need. Its not up to you to question this. 

If this is unless you question it, it's not people like you who are going to do it.

He wants to prevent me from playing the game because he doesn't want PvP.

I then ask him what he intends to do with this tier 5? Sell it ? Ok to who?
Apart from PvP players who will need it for exotic weapons, scraps and other endgame items, who needs it and why?

So he wants to sell tier 5 ore effortlessly retrieved to sell to PvP players he wants to ban the game?

Don't you see the inconsistency of these words?

And then you show once again that you just don't play the game at all anymore.
On T2 asteroids in the safe zone you have a chance to get tier 4! In small quantities certainly, but if you do not want to engage in PvP you will have this challenge of the race who will be the first to put his feet on his stones to find it.

And oh if you need more you can buy it from other players.
Unless you are like that other person who only wants to sell HIS ore but will not make an effort to buy it from other players.

Selfishness when you hold us.

17 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

So he wants to sell tier 5 ore effortlessly retrieved to sell to PvP players he wants to ban the game?

This is selfishness. 

He wants to have a opportunity to sell t5, like you do. 

But in your head, its your way or the highway. 

No one is saying that it has to be effortlessly(just you).

He will have to have a ship. Find the asteroid before others do. Search for hours and grind for hours and travel for hours. This is NOT effortlessly. 

He is just not risking his ship to some pirate. 

Does he deserve the same amount of t5 that some PVPers does. No. 

Does he deserve to be completely bared from the experience. No. 

19 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Don't you see the inconsistency of these words?

Where am I being inconsistent?  I never said there shouldn't be pvp. I said that everything shouldn't be about pvp. I pointed out that the only t5 stuff is for pvp. That's not saying they should take it out, but maybe add non pvp t5 stuf. You act like this has always been a pvp game and noone else should have a say. The developers envisioned a universe, not a lawless gankfest. I'm pointing out that with the game as it is and the roadmap that has been released,  it makes me feel locked out of most of the game. Isn't that the pont of beta testing? To find these areas and decide to address them or change the focus of the game?  Jesse, seems like if I'm not pvp centric in my views, I am to be silent and submissive to the hard-core players. I want to play fun game. To be fodder for griefers isnt fun to me. 

7 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

This is selfishness. 

He wants to have a opportunity to sell t5, like you do. 

But in your head, its your way or the highway. 

No one is saying that it has to be effortlessly(just you).

He will have to have a ship. Find the asteroid before others do. Search for hours and grind for hours and travel for hours. This is NOT effortlessly. 

He is just not risking his ship to some pirate. 

Does he deserve the same amount of t5 that some PVPers does. No. 

Does he deserve to be completely bared from the experience. No. 

And so ?

Because NQ does not manage to balance its game, it will be necessary in the meantime to deactivate the latter so that everyone can go and recover their T5?

PvP teams are the first to push so that there is more opportunity for everyone.

Except that every time there are complaints about the why of PvP and not the how.

PvP must be present, after 2 years of waiting we finally have a reason why we can fight.
So ok as usual it's broken or poorly executed but out of the question to remove it.

3 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

PvP must be present, after 2 years of waiting we finally have a reason why we can fight.

If the density of ore in the pvp zone was 5 times higher than in non pvp zone, you will still have a reason to fight. 

What you want is to "fight to survive" instead of "fight to have an advantage" 

You want everyone to be forced to fight. 

Why? For you to have pray. 

But those guys you think should be your pray will simply quit the game instead of being your pray. 

You are "exhausting" your own food. 

4 minutes ago, shadowfyre2 said:

Where am I being inconsistent?  I never said there shouldn't be pvp. I said that everything shouldn't be about pvp. I pointed out that the only t5 stuff is for pvp. That's not saying they should take it out, but maybe add non pvp t5 stuf. You act like this has always been a pvp game and noone else should have a say. The developers envisioned a universe, not a lawless gankfest. I'm pointing out that with the game as it is and the roadmap that has been released,  it makes me feel locked out of most of the game. Isn't that the pont of beta testing? To find these areas and decide to address them or change the focus of the game?  Jesse, seems like if I'm not pvp centric in my views, I am to be silent and submissive to the hard-core players. I want to play fun game. To be fodder for griefers isnt fun to me. 

And no the T5 is for PvP, you don't want PvP? No T5.
But magic, there is T5 for sale if you wish.

And basically it was planned that there would only be Sanctuary and part of Alioth in non-PvP.
But they gave more (3 planets) and I don't find it fundamentally a bad thing that those who don't want to PvP exposure have a full space zone.

Except that here we are, at the beginning it was announced a doight for PvE, we gave you the hand and voila you want the whole arm.

I say it again finding T5 outside the PvP zone must not happen, let people fight for it.

And really we met players who monitor our fleet movements and who went discreetly to take T5 on the exotic asteroids.
PvE boy gets there, you can also question yourself a bit and look at all the opportunities available to you.