More Plants as Seeds

Hirnsausen

It would be so wondeful, if plant seeds could be introduced into this game.  Not just of a few, but of many plant species.

Among them trees, orchids, chili peppers, pumpkins, grape, grass, golden wheat, tomatoes, bananas, pink cherry blossom trees, and so on.

Important: those plants can grow only in real soil. Means: on your land, inside your base (on soil) or inside your spaceship (on soil).
Each X amount of voxel soil (see my other suggestions) would need a soil moisturizer element, and a plant light element, but those are just 1x1x1 voxels in size.

Another interesting attribute of these plants, especially the trees, is that they grow only until they touch a honeycomb voxel at any side, so they never grow through walls or ceilings.

Sown on land, they can make a land plot looking very beautiful. And they allow for future possibilities like harvest and production of some goods.

Naerais, not just a greener Alioth. GO GREEN even inside ships! I refer to my other suggestion here, to make it possible that collected soil types can be  converted into the corresponding honeycomb types, and then put into any shape and then seeded with plants.

Plants I can imagine:
- a variety of stunning orchids
- chili peppers
- tomatoes
- rice

- wheat, rye, and others
- potatoes
- strawberries
- varieties of berries
- varieties of fruits
- big warm-yellow pumpkins
- cucumbers
- onions, chive, garlic and other vegetables such as ginger
- nopales cactus and others
- a wide variety of decorative plants and grasses
- Teobroma cacao and Coffea arabica / Coffea canephora  ?

In the future, the existence of those plants might allow for some more gameplay options. For now, just decorations. So many of us really want them.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, NQ-Naerais said:

:D

I'll admit to a soft spot for farming games ;) I mean, I still lament about not having my coffee shop yet!

Happy to pass this along.

It would be great if we could grow different ingredients for food. Unless Nq wants to make food compulsory as in survival. This can be implemented as temporary bonuses. For example, to make a garden bed is very simple, formally it is the same machine, only with a 3d model of hydraponics, where we grow ingredients in the same way - seeds, or resources in the form of gases, or something else are piped.

After that we can make "dishes" "food" from the ingredients, which will temporarily increase characteristics, digging, or piloting, or maybe more aimed fire in pvp, etc. In general, it can be used not as a binding, but as a temporary boost to something, it may well even to the speed of pumping skill points.

This will give new features and new branches of the industry.

Feriniya makes some interesting points.

I would think, the game assumes that we eat our daily rations provided by the suit's nano crafter, but additional recipes would be fun. Attribute boosters? A possibility. But food or dishes as trade goods would be an option, too.

11 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

Feriniya makes some interesting points.

I would think, the game assumes that we eat our daily rations provided by the suit's nano crafter, but additional recipes would be fun. Attribute boosters? A possibility. But food or dishes as trade goods would be an option, too.

Of course. Just like introducing various animals to planets, it would not require too broad writing of AI, unlike spaceships with physics in mind.

The player hunting them would be able to get various mucus, skin, chitin and God knows what else. Different planets have different animals and loot. Subsequently, this could be implemented as new production schemes - bioimplants, armor, suits, etc.

Implants - would increase, just like food, only on an ongoing basis, pumping speed or accuracy, etc. Would cost more and would be destroyed with your body on death. Unlike food. Well, armor suits, etc. - I even keep quiet .. the game has a huge potential, only so far the developers have not reported anything about it or even something like that.

Plants don't move, so they are easier to manage for the server. I believe, animals are harder to create and cost much more processor time and RAM for the NQ server. They might not add animals so soon, I think. Despite that it would be nice.

I would - for now - concentrate on plants. Also hoping that they work on the atmospher so each planet can be as realistic as seen in the game "Ark Survival Evolved". Their sky is amazing, as their sunsets are.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:13 AM, Hirnsausen said:

Plants don't move, so they are easier to manage for the server. I believe, animals are harder to create and cost much more processor time and RAM for the NQ server. They might not add animals so soon, I think. Despite that it would be nice.

I would - for now - concentrate on plants. Also hoping that they work on the atmospher so each planet can be as realistic as seen in the game "Ark Survival Evolved". Their sky is amazing, as their sunsets are.

totally agree, and if I remember, for the NPC animals - they said that it is quite possible, but most likely either closer to the release or after. So yes, obviously not in the near future, and right now they have enough work. There is a lot to be done before the release.

Regarding weather phenomena, such as rain or fog or dust storms, in general, depending on the planetary conditions, it would be just gorgeous ... but the game is not very good with optimization, and before introducing such resource-intensive things to the GPU, they must solve all the previous optimization questions. Right now, just a lot of people can't play DU just because of the lack of power on their PC. After all, DU is unbearably demanding on a PC. And even according to their minimum and recommended requirements, the game is not able to produce even at least 40-60 fps in more places built by the players. So, alas, it is too early to talk about any weather phenomena. But it would be very cool.

There are games, that are more demanding, like Ark Survival Evolved. A ral PC resourve eater. But, yes, you are right, optimization of what eists already fiirst, before adding major new things. On the other side, nothign wrong to have wishes and trying to lobby for them to come true.   ?

Are you a ship builder, Feriniya? What is your most liked activity in the game?

7 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

There are games, that are more demanding, like Ark Survival Evolved. A ral PC resourve eater. But, yes, you are right, optimization of what eists already fiirst, before adding major new things. On the other side, nothign wrong to have wishes and trying to lobby for them to come true.   ?

Are you a ship builder, Feriniya? What is your most liked activity in the game?

Yes .. amazing, but you are straight to the point, I like to create and develop ships, including lua interfaces, etc.

But concurrently I and the CEO of the largest russian organization at the moment under the name Vortex Geometry

I made the same suggestion some time ago, not the first though.

The key thing I would like though is for it to take a couple months to get a regular size tree and a full year to "max" out it's height, if not longer.

Also I want a requirement of it requiring a planet with atmo.

Contet:
Well, planet with atmosphere, or inside base with atmosphere, or inside ship. A farm ship, or a luxury ship that could be maybe. Or a houseboat in space. Plants are beautiful.

Feriniya:
Russian? Well, take it easy - nobody is perfect. ?
I would love to see your ships. Any VR?
I, too, conceptionalize and build ships, more the exotic ones. Don't like the standard designs. A number of them on DU Creators (website).