LEGION has won DU

Turing

Dual universe is first and foremost a sandbox game with content that players can determine themselves. To this end, more and more content is now being specified or restricted by NQ.
In the game itself, I recognise many different types of players who cannot always be pigeonholed, as there are many shades of grey and not just simple black and white effects.

What I can say from the surveys I have done so far in Discord is that the number of players in the pigeonholes varies. So my assessment:
80% of the players are PvE interested players who just want to build and have fun in the game, no matter if solo or in a community, no matter if it's industrial plants, voxelmancy, simple or complicated constructions, ships,.....in this 80% there are also about 25% players who support an ordered PvP, that is defined PvP areas that you can enter even if you "feel like it" yourself and not if you are forced to participate. (Comparable to World of Warcraft = battlegrounds and arenas).

20% are PvP players who like to fight, it doesn't seem to matter if it's good versus evil, pirates versus everyone else or other fairy tales. These are of course also divided into different categories, (with PvP zones or those who would prefer to dissolve all safe zones in order to turn DualUniverse into a gigantic theatre of war). 

At the moment, NQ is focusing on putting a lot of PvP content into the game, which may be a thorn in the side for some players, but is certainly important for a small part of the player community, as we want to serve every pigeonhole and make everyone happy. So NQ will also deal with more PvE content later on - everything at the same time will not work.

What we players can do is show NQ together what content in Dual Universe is wanted by how many players and is reflected accordingly in the game. Apparently a PvE to PvP ratio of 80 to 20 of players doesn't seem to be in line with a player world of 20%Safezone to 80%PvPzone. So the 80% of PvE players here should ask NQ to balance the ratio of PvE to PvP content.

We should understand one thing as a community of players, no matter what interest we pursue in the game: Calling each other names doesn't help any of us, because new players are put off by a toxic community.
As far as behaviour and actions in the game are concerned, especially aggressive players should know that toxic behaviour will lead to players leaving the game and soon there will be no game anymore, because the small group of toxic players will not be enough to keep this game alive financially.
PvP can and should certainly take place, but at the moment it makes no sense to shoot and rob everything and everyone who wants to help build the game. This only frustrates players and they leave the game, so in the end everyone has lost.

Therefore, I have a request. Play together, stay friendly and above all human. I think we all want DualUniverse to be successful, and we players play a big part in that.

Translated with translator, no guarantee of meaningful translation.  

7 hours ago, Zarcata said:

Dual universe is first and foremost a sandbox game with content that players can determine themselves. To this end, more and more content is now being specified or restricted by NQ.
In the game itself, I recognise many different types of players who cannot always be pigeonholed, as there are many shades of grey and not just simple black and white effects.

What I can say from the surveys I have done so far in Discord is that the number of players in the pigeonholes varies. So my assessment:
80% of the players are PvE interested players who just want to build and have fun in the game, no matter if solo or in a community, no matter if it's industrial plants, voxelmancy, simple or complicated constructions, ships,.....in this 80% there are also about 25% players who support an ordered PvP, that is defined PvP areas that you can enter even if you "feel like it" yourself and not if you are forced to participate. (Comparable to World of Warcraft = battlegrounds and arenas).

20% are PvP players who like to fight, it doesn't seem to matter if it's good versus evil, pirates versus everyone else or other fairy tales. These are of course also divided into different categories, (with PvP zones or those who would prefer to dissolve all safe zones in order to turn DualUniverse into a gigantic theatre of war). 

At the moment, NQ is focusing on putting a lot of PvP content into the game, which may be a thorn in the side for some players, but is certainly important for a small part of the player community, as we want to serve every pigeonhole and make everyone happy. So NQ will also deal with more PvE content later on - everything at the same time will not work.

What we players can do is show NQ together what content in Dual Universe is wanted by how many players and is reflected accordingly in the game. Apparently a PvE to PvP ratio of 80 to 20 of players doesn't seem to be in line with a player world of 20%Safezone to 80%PvPzone. So the 80% of PvE players here should ask NQ to balance the ratio of PvE to PvP content.

We should understand one thing as a community of players, no matter what interest we pursue in the game: Calling each other names doesn't help any of us, because new players are put off by a toxic community.
As far as behaviour and actions in the game are concerned, especially aggressive players should know that toxic behaviour will lead to players leaving the game and soon there will be no game anymore, because the small group of toxic players will not be enough to keep this game alive financially.
PvP can and should certainly take place, but at the moment it makes no sense to shoot and rob everything and everyone who wants to help build the game. This only frustrates players and they leave the game, so in the end everyone has lost.

Therefore, I have a request. Play together, stay friendly and above all human. I think we all want DualUniverse to be successful, and we players play a big part in that.

Translated with translator, no guarantee of meaningful translation.  

No it's 80% PvP player and 20% only PvE player

Here is the problem as we see with Knight_Sevy's latest posting: PVP guys always think, each and every game is made just for them. Destruction and weird behavior everywhere. Even the headline of this thread shows, how much PVP guys consider this game as be be made just for them: "Legion has Won DU".

But that is not so. It is not that 80% of all DU players are PVP players. It is, indeed, that the real amount is 20%.  But these 20% want to claim all 100% of the T3 to T5 resources for themselves.
I am so tired of their Somali Pirate mentality.

PVP has nothing to do with any "right to take things away from others". I stand by my proposal: Only on armed ships it can be fired upon. If a ship is armed, that means the owner or crew wants to participate in PVP. I understand, that our strong, rough PVP "heros" are too afraid to attack armed ships only as that could mean a strong response and even loss of the own ship. But is that not what PVP is about? Destruction and loss? So, let 'em kill each other so they have their weird fun. But also, fill the Unsafe Zone with other dangerous challenges so it is not just weird PVP alone that can endanger ship and life.

6 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Here is the problem as we see with Knight_Sevy's latest posting: PVP guys always think, each and every game is made just for them. Destruction and weird behavior everywhere. Even the headline of this thread shows, how much PVP guys consider this game as be be made just for them: "Legion has Won DU".

But that is not so. It is not that 80% of all DU players are PVP players. It is, indeed, that the real amount is 20%.  But these 20% want to claim all 100% of the T3 to T5 resources for themselves.
I am so tired with their Somali Pirate mentality.

PVP has nothing to do with any "right to take things away from others". I stand by my proposal: Only on armed ships it can be fired upon. If a ship is armed, that means the owner or crew wants to participate in PVP. I understand, that our strong, rough PVP "heros" are too afraid to attack armed ships only as that could mean a strong response and even loss of the own ship. But is that not what PVP is about? Destruction and loss? So, let 'em kill each other so they have their weird fun. But also, fill the Unsafe Zone with other dangerous challenges so it is not just weird PVP alone that can endanger ship and life.

No.

We regularly play in PvP in groups of 30 to 50 people against another group of the same number of players.

I have never seen more than 2 PvE players logged in at the same location.

So maybe 90% PvP player versus 10% PvE player.

Anyway, given what the PvP community brings to the game. The existence and value of having 100 PvE communication is very limited. PvE is useless for the future of the game. PvP already fulfills all the roles.

Be happy with your safe zone and don't disturb us for the real game you don't seem to be playing.

It is not that we normal players would disturb you PVP guys. It is, that you PVP guys disturb us any time we venture out to harvest T3 to T5 ore. Our vessels are unarmed, Mr. Somali Pirate. Yet, you dare to disturb us, to attack us, to destroy our unarmed ships and kill us.

YOU PVP guys are the disturbance. Your way of thinking and acrting is the problem. As I say, a real Somali Piratte by nature. Legion and other PVP orgs are just nothign better than ingame Somali Pirates. Thrash of the society, or here the digital society. I am just speaking out loudly what most normal humans think. We have many discussions about Legion and other PVP groups. here is just no "love" for you and your sort. Somali pirates are the bottom of the society.

3 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

It is not that we normal players would disturb you PVP guys. It is, that you PVP guys disturb us any time we venture out to harvest T3 to T5 ore. Our vessels are unarmed, Mr. Somali Pirate. Yet, you dare to disturb us, to attack us, to destroy our unarmed ships and kill us.

YOU PVP guys are the disturbance. Your way of thinking and acrting is the problem. As I say, a real Somali Piratte by nature. Legion and other PVP orgs are just nothign better than ingame Somali Pirates. Thrash of the society, or here the digital society. I am just speaking out loudly what most normal humans think. We have many discussions about Legion and other PVP groups. here is just no "love" for you and your sort. Somali pirates are the bottom of the society.

You don't have to come to the PvP area unarmed.

This PvP area is for PvP players.
And these areas will be bigger and bigger in the future.

The planets in the Outer Rim will also become PvP as intended by the game from the start.

You want to come to the PvP zone without respecting the rules, if you are unarmed it is YOUR problem.

Many players play by these rules of the game. It is not because you alone do not want it that it is the opinion of the community.

I am not a friend of that Somali Pirate way of looking at the things. No, PVP needs to be changed - only armed ships can be attacked. What is wrong with that? You get your destruction and killing, while unarmed ships can venture into dangers of other kinds. It is not you who makes the rules.

You can do as much PVP as you wish, as long as you do not harm players that do not wish to be attacked., who are going just for specoial ore that is in this area. So, if you're hero enough, brave enough, attack your kind. Too much challenge? Afraid of losing your ship? ?

@Hirnsausen

I agree with many aspects you mention, but don't waste time on this guy.
He's not the type of person that listens to anyone but himself.

I do not like the fact that we have a PVE game with a game build clearly over mining and industry to force us to go into PVP zone in order to get t3+ materials.
I do get that NQ is trying to satisfy ever complaining "PVPers" about lack of content.
But instead of giving the PVP area, they made grieving area, because it's more than logical if you put valuable ores in one zone, then the person that comes here comes for valuable ore(OMG surprise right!) with a mining ship and not a pvp ship to fight everyone else around it.
Another sad thing is that asteroids are dominated by 1 group because it's logical, there is high risk and low reward(comparing to the price of average M or L core ship) so there is no point in even trying to solo.

I'm just very disappointed that NQ refuses to react and take logical countermeasures to prevent the situation.
It's bad for everyone but legion, and it's bad for the game and for NQ because people are angry about it.

They took alot of aspects from EVE but failed to provide with even a single countermeasure against hostile ships for non pvp players.
I say change combat timers.
Allow people who don't engage in pvp to warp away anytime they want.
And disallow warping for people who engage in pvp.

7 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

You can do as much PVP as you wish, as long as you do not harm players that do not wish to be attacked

then stay in the safezone, that's what DU always advertised and that was the plan all along, since the kickstarter.

all i hear here is "mimimimimimi they changed DU from being PVE/building/whatever centric to pvp centric"....which, you know, is fake news

2 hours ago, Lethys said:

then stay in the safezone, that's what DU always advertised and that was the plan all along, since the kickstarter.

all i hear here is "mimimimimimi they changed DU from being PVE/building/whatever centric to pvp centric"....which, you know, is fake news

Dual Universe is an innovative Sci-Fi sandbox MMORPG defined by:

One centralized and unique persistent universe shared by everyone at the same time. No instances, no zones, no transitions.

Everything in the game is player-made: ships, cities, orbital stations,... with no limit in size. The world is fully editable.

Emergent gameplay: economy, trade, territories, politics and warfare are all player-driven. Both PvP and non-PvP will be possible.

In Dual Universe, you can for example:

->Build a giant space station the size of a moon with your friends

->Create an intergalactic political Empire 

->Gather along with thousands of others in player-made cities

->Get hundreds of players inside space exploring ships

->Mass-produce your custom designed ships to sell them in-game

->Become a trader, a logistician or an industrialist

->Program complex behaviors for your constructions

->Live in a secret base 1km underground on a remote moon

->Make a name as a spaceship designer or outpost architect

In other words, in Dual Universe, you can invent a new life for yourself in a world without limits, where almost anything is possible. We aim to make a massively multiplayer roleplaying sandbox on PC like never seen before.

14 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

Did I actually read this correct? ?? Some people’s logic is beyond me.

Maybe as a community we should change the terminology so people get the basics of the game. These higher tier asteroids are in contested territory. If you go in to contested territory where people fight for what is there by design of the game that’s on you and your own choices. The only person you have any right to complain too if you suffer a loss is yourself. 

1 hour ago, Lethys said:

congrats, you quoted it even yourself. well done!

I am already aware that you can play PvP as well as PvE in DualUniverse - but you don't have to. However, on the basis of the examples given in the Kickstarter content, you can also see the focus on which value is placed, there you can read many examples, although not completely listed, but PvP is not mentioned there.

• PvE->Baue mit deinen Freunden eine riesige Raumstation von der Größe eines Mondes
  • PvE/(P)->Erschaffe ein intergalaktisches politisches Imperium
  • PvE->Versammeln Sie sich zusammen mit Tausenden von anderen in von Spielern geschaffenen Städten
  • PvE->Holen Sie sich Hunderte von Spielern in den Weltraum, um Schiffe zu erkunden
  • PvE->Produzieren Sie Ihre maßgeschneiderten Schiffe in Serie, um sie im Spiel zu verkaufen
  • PvE->Werden Sie Kaufmann, Logistiker oder Industrieller
  • PvE->Komplexe Verhaltensweisen für Ihre Konstruktionen programmieren
  • PvE->Lebe in einer geheimen Basis 1 km unter der Erde auf einem abgelegenen Mond
  • PvE->Machen Sie sich einen Namen als Raumschiffdesigner oder Außenpostenarchitekt

14 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

I am already aware that you can play PvP as well as PvE in DualUniverse - but you don't have to. However, on the basis of the examples given in the Kickstarter content, you can also see the focus on which value is placed, there you can read many examples, although not completely listed, but PvP is not mentioned there.

sure, but this is about fake news and DU being a PVE game "as always advertised"...which clearly is false. it was always a PVP game with a safezone. nothing to argue there. it's even written right there from what you quoted.

and only because they did building stuff first, doesnt mean PVP is not a pillar. it just means that it's better to have building and the basics like crafting/trading in a game FIRST and top it off with PVP LATER. because it makes sense to first be able to build something and then kill it. not the other way around

besides, later they did this:

pillars.png

also, your list doesnt make any sense. everything there can be done with pvp in mind too, it makes even MORE sense because it actually means something when you have to use your brain and gamemechanics to evade other ppl instead of just claiming a tile and build something there in 100% safety which has no purpose other than "ohhhhhhhh shiny!" and maybe storage room. if you live in the pvp zone, it needs an actual use....defense and such

Edited by Lethys

Fact is, people who draw fun in destroying other people's things, are incredibly weird. Weirdos. Freaks. On the same low level like Somali pirates. I don't want to have anything to do with such folk. All they can do is to hijack any game and try to make it to their own like, to the disadvantage of normal humans.

12 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Someone who enjoys destroying things, IS weird. Doesn't matter how you destroy things, only THAT you destroy things, Mr. Somali Pirate.

Someone who enjoys building things, IS weird. Doesn't matter how you build things, only THAT you destroy things, Mr. Sheep

You do know this is a game, right? You do realize that some "normal" ppl enjoy killing things in games right? You do realize that this doesn't mean they're "weird" or "abnormal" or "freaks" or anything else, right?

6 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Did you not enjoy building your ship(s)..?

nope. not a single bit. It's boring, tedious and VERY annoying to me

7 minutes ago, Hirnsausen said:

Do you enjoy losing your ship and game character life?

yes. because that means I get entertainment. And sometimes I don't lose my ship but kill someone else. It's hilarious, fun, engaging and exciting

5 minutes ago, Lethys said:

nope. not a single bit. It's boring, tedious and VERY annoying to me

yes. because that means I get entertainment. And sometimes I don't lose my ship but kill someone else. It's hilarious, fun, engaging and exciting

Wouldn't it make more sense to play StarCitizen doer Eve then? There the focus is more on PvP and the ships themselves are already finished, you just have to equip them depending on the situation and that's it.

Just now, Zarcata said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to play StarCitizen doer Eve then? There the focus is more on PvP and the ships themselves are already finished, you just have to equip them depending on the situation and that's it.

did that for 12 years, done with it

DU promised similar experience to eve (didn't deliver so far)

With the lifetime sub i have time. no need to play now, skills are training for 900 days, no need to play if it doesn't suit me. Won't lose anything if skills are running

1 hour ago, Hirnsausen said:

Did you not enjoy building your ship(s)..?

Every player I asked, does not enjoy to lose ship, cargo, past effort, and game character life. Do you enjoy losing your ship and game character life?

Hmm this is actually an interesting point to me. In nearly all games I don’t care at all about loosing ships / characters / assets in PvP because I gained my experience from fighting that makes me better for the next fight and so on after that.

However in DU there really is next to no experience to gain because there is next to nothing to learn in pvp. It’s way way way to vanilla and requires no skill to do. This is a major part on where DU fails it’s player base because there is next to no skill progression from experience in combat its self. 

Once upon a time, back in alpha times, i tried to explain how this game was moving towards a model where 1 guy/group would rule over everyone. 

I explained how this was unsustainable. 

I explained how at the end, the dream of building a civilization would be reduced to 1 or 2 groups killing everyone not in agreement with them and heavly exploiting the rest. 

At that time, i was called a pvp hater and a carebear. 

Fortunately the pvp safezone was never removed, like those "pvpers" wanted. 

Can you imagine how would the user experiance be if anywhere outside the sanctuary moon was like this? 

The thing with pure, unrestricted pvp is that only 1 guy wins for 1000 that loses. 

This is unsustainable. 

The solution? PVE NPCs, ship wrecks, avandoned bases, "kill this NPC" missions. 

And i know someone will say that the problem is because if some part of pvp being badly implemented. But thats not the real problem. 

If we have an unstable system, any movement will make it go wrong. 

If we have a stable system, it will have the resistance to sustain any movement. 

DU's model of only player combat, only pvp is unstable and cannot provide a resilient sustainable joy and entertainment to its playerbase. 

DU managers have to understand that they cant have 95% of the players suffering heavy losses and sadness while they focus on how good the game is if you are those 5% that are wining. 

And its not about what can those 95% can do to improve their situation. Because if 5% of those 95% become the new alpha hunters, the other 90 will still continue to suffer. 

Please NQ. Talk to a expert in gaming user experiance and ask him/her if you have a sustainable game. 

Please. 

25 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Once upon a time, back in alpha times, i tried to explain how this game was moving towards a model where 1 guy/group would rule over everyone. 

I explained how this was unsustainable. 

I explained how at the end, the dream of building a civilization would be reduced to 1 or 2 groups killing everyone not in agreement with them and heavly exploiting the rest. 

At that time, i was called a pvp hater and a carebear. 

Fortunately the pvp safezone was never removed, like those "pvpers" wanted. 

Can you imagine how would the user experiance be if anywhere outside the sanctuary moon was like this? 

The thing with pure, unrestricted pvp is that only 1 guy wins for 1000 that loses. 

This is unsustainable. 

The solution? PVE NPCs, ship wrecks, avandoned bases, "kill this NPC" missions. 

And i know someone will say that the problem is because if some part of pvp being badly implemented. But thats not the real problem. 

If we have an unstable system, any movement will make it go wrong. 

If we have a stable system, it will have the resistance to sustain any movement. 

DU's model of only player combat, only pvp is unstable and cannot provide a resilient sustainable joy and entertainment to its playerbase. 

DU managers have to understand that they cant have 95% of the players suffering heavy losses and sadness while they focus on how good the game is if you are those 5% that are wining. 

And its not about what can those 95% can do to improve their situation. Because if 5% of those 95% become the new alpha hunters, the other 90 will still continue to suffer. 

Please NQ. Talk to a expert in gaming user experiance and ask him/her if you have a sustainable game. 

Please. 

PvP combat has to come before PVE combat mate. PVE combat is PVP with an AI bolted on.