LEGION has won DU

Turing

You are only winning because of crashes terrible content design and lack of player base. If he center column in he DSAT worked like NQ said it would you would stand no chance. there is nothing to fight over other than keeping your numbers from growing, its easier to kill your org by not engaging in pvp with your members.

It's just a shame the asteroids are not actually a dynamic part of the world. They are a dev driven event with a weekly refresh/respawn rate. And as such, those with money and resources can simply hijack the event and block the gameplay from most others, few as they are anyway.

DU is not really a MMO game, it is a game with less than a handful of active groups where each seem to pretty much control part of the game and all seem content with maintaining this status quo. Until the lights go off that is.

1 hour ago, Daphne Jones said:

Legion? Never heard of 'em. Do they even play DU?

LEGION is certainly an urban legend.

I'm sure you can find a photo of an asteroid without seeing a LEGION ship on it.

This should be enough to prove their non-existence.

I think the government and NQ made up this LEGION story to punish you and keep you from having fun.

If anyone tells you that they have been attacked by LEGION, be suspicious, they are certainly already part of the plot.

so a bunch of ganking agressive threathening cutthroats is killing of miners and with that they won a game based on 6 pillars of which PvP is only one?

Would it be possible to have a mission statement, development goals and clear leadership posted? It would be good to see who won DU.

To be succesful in the long term any organization should have clear goals, charismatic leadership and possibility of personal groth, cant find any of that in this or other posts,

till then Legion probably is a loose bunch of cutthroaths picking easy fights to gain as much loot as possible, aka low grade Pirates.  At least with the BoB there is honor in being a Pirate.

26 minutes ago, FuriousPuppy said:

Take your roleplay out of here. Bring guns to a gun fight or die, its not that hard of a concept. Dont like it? stay in safezone and enjoy the free mining there. 

so in short no real answer, yeah the guns will come. In the darkness of nightfall they will be waiting for you, the moment you least expect it. :D

zerg does what zerg does........and wasnt legion formed to do just what they are doing ...... dominate the smalls and solos?...developers had best handle their mechanics as they hand 85 percent of the wealth being generated to large guild types.hell we dont even have a real space map or waypoints in space or a proper ui ..... good luck with them handling this small shit

On 8/18/2021 at 2:43 AM, FuriousPuppy said:

Boo, Empire, Anarchy, CVA, Havoc, Rival, and even the AC have all stopped playing. 

I wont speak for any of the other groups but HAVOC have not quit, a few of us do still play from time to time and even had the great fun of a 1v1 vs LEGION (a ship named Legion Drone) yesterday. 

While I think that yes, Legion having an astounding monopoly on asteroids in PvP is a bad thing and will long term result in both a loss of content for Legion and ourselves I wont blame them as a coalition or as individuals. Demanding a group who have all built friendships and respect as part of a coalition to break up and become enemies for the sake of your enjoyment is a downright stupid thing to demand, I have seen these groups in almost every game I have played that is a sandbox and I don't believe it will go away any time soon.

Its a situation that is currently unworkable as it is allowing Legion pilots and the coalition as a whole to significantly catapult their financial backing through resources solidifying their position even if another group steps up, however it is also a situation in which I do not know of any solution that would solve the underlying issue without another group defeating and becoming the new Legion or failing and the status-quo remaining.

I do hope that while these things are smoothed out Legion will continue to try and limit the numbers they bring to keep fights from being too one sided. That being said being another EvE-Online refugee I accept anything I take into PvP can and will at some stage be lost so I wont bitch and whine when a few of you pop around the corner and blast me back home.

I just want you to know, that the "Legion" isn't something completely new.

At the beginning there was the AC (Ascendancy) and some other orgs and alliances that stood against the AC.

Most of the counterparts to the AC vanished with the time, so the AC became the most dominant alliance in the game.

At the end some members and organizations in the AC were uncomfortable with the "government" of the alliance, especially because several of the major orgs became nearly completely inactive. As a result, they founded the "Legion".

So in fact the Legion is just something like the more active part of the former AC with just a few new members. It's nothing new.

But to be honest, even as a player of one of the Legion orgs I'm not completely happy with the monopolism that established. But thats a general issue of the game and its players, not just of the Legion itself. Several other active PvP-Factions that could've been a real threat to the Legion became more and more inactive, split up or moved to other games. But this game is dynamic. Sure, the playerbase got much smaller in the last months. But there are still more than enough active players who could stand up against the Legion. It's a matter of organisation and effort.

If everyone stays in his small 10-man organization, its clear that they don't have a chance to fight Legion. But in fact, most of them would even struggle against a single org of the Legion. If you want to play PvP in DU very active, you have to organize yourself in bigger groups. But yes, NQ could do something about this, so that even smaller groups could be more annoying to large alliances. If there would be some ways for smaller orgs to still get the needed ressources and rise up faster, or something like "hit and run" - so you can attack single ships of large orgs and withdraw fast enough before reinforcements appear - this would give the PvP in the game much more depth (like the pirates or rebels in most sci-fi movies). But currently nearly all this features that would make PvP more balanced are missing.

13 hours ago, Hachiro said:

At the end some members and organizations in the AC were uncomfortable with the "government" of the alliance, especially because several of the major orgs became nearly completely inactive.

There are 2 types of alliances: an association and a confederation. The difference between the two is an association is an inter-organizational organization that is established from a treaty of cooperation signed between members, while a confederation is a centralized organization created by a treaty consisting of member organizations. One has a central authority and the other does not! Arch Confederacy (AC) is a confederation! You know very well what union is like that and a country walked out of it. And here you are in this game, doing the same thing. Not all unions are confederate! 

Government of the alliance? Sounds like a confederation!

You know, everyone is free to structure an organization the way they want. My point is my political opinions are different!! Let them do what they want to do, I will not join them! My sentiment, regarding in-game, is they are a dictator organization! This is the type of gameplay this game promotes! I mean how can you not have any individualism in this game while working in a group? Because of the lack of social standards! You throw us into a free-for-all environment like that and there will always be people who take advantage of others through inequity! I mean look at this hierarchy lol! I'm not ignorant!

This game is terrible! It's a collective hierarchal game! You have 50 people and 1 dictator: those 50 people cannot pressure the dictator when they are greater in number? You see, nothing in this game is gonna evolve from the feudal society this game has always been since the very beginning, because people here are ignorant! When people are ignorant, they don't know how to assert themselves, and you can very much see this on the widespread of slavery in this game!

One of the reason why I left this game is I am not playing a game of slave! I mean look at the MMOs I played: they all have equitable gameplay! While this game? I don't think they've done anything to promote self-interest in gameplay!

Do you invest in something that has no security? You talk about shares (which is by the way a "claim") but there is no way to assert it as the game is entirely player-driven? It doesn't f*cking work unless we have a complex society that has a reputation system!  

Working with people in this game as a stakeholder is impossible through incorporation! 

22 hours ago, Physics said:

This is NQ’s bad design, not legions fault. NQ was warned about asteroids design flaws and given advise on how to make it better, deaf ears.. 

I will tell you an open secret. When NQ say they are looking for PTS player feedback, it is only an act to appear like they are listening.

Only game breaking crash bugs will sometimes be fixed, and in reality the feature is done and will be released exactly as presented on PTS.

Because NQ always knows best. And their way is the only way, even when they are frequently proven to be wrong and players are leaving in droves..

5 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

Someone here once said DU is the "you just do not understand" company

A "company" is a corporate organization. What does it mean to incorporate? Starting a sole-proprietorship means you register and operate a business under your name or a DBA, which means you are fully liable for it. If you get into a partnership, the general partner is liable. People can get together and consolidate their investments to start a limited liable corporation, that is what a "company" means. An incorporation (Inc.) means a fully liable business has been incorporated, so therefore it is now a corporation with plural shareholders.

The problem that I'm trying to bring up here is the issue with shares. A company has many shareholders (investors). It's way too risky to invest in something that has no protection. Incorporating doesn't work! What you call a "share" is a claim! How can I assert that? You can't! Like I said, we got no platform to do that! 

To give you the reality, it doesn't work! And here is the game forcing you to incorporate!

You will get automatic mining unit in this game, the industry is automatic and all you got to do is feed it with materials, and retailing is automatic -- you can solo this game with those leverage! Who would want to be an employee when everybody in this game has an equity (as they can all mine with their own equipment on their personal and unclaimed tiles) and they receive 150K of ayuda (financial assistance) everyday. Only an idiot would want to be an employee on a condition like this! They all have the ability individually to employ and support themselves, so why would they work for anybody as an employee? Everyone should be an entrepreneur! Why? Because they all have the ability to generate income out of their own resources! If you can do that, you are a successful entrepreneur, which is easy to do for everybody! Do you have to make any ends meet? Nope, that's why income level doesn't matter on a game that has no survival! 

As far as equitable system is concerned, none of these things work! You can play in a group inequitably, I won't, and I will play something else with a sense of equity! I ain't playing a game of slave!

They failed to factor this game for the individual! I mean look at the basic unit of land in this game? It is 1 Km². That is the size of a financial center! If you just made it 5,000 m² and let them agglomerate into an urbanization with no government, this game would have realistically worked! 1 Km² for each player is too big to agglomerate together (30 tiles in this game in a line is just 30 player properties but 30 Km long. It will take you 40+ minutes to traverse that by foot. That is equivalent to travelling inter-city in real-life for just 30 player properties), which means the org will acquire the 1 km² and everyone will centrally live in it! So we are back here again with shares which does not work!

19 hours ago, Eternal said:

A "company" is a corporate organization. What does it mean to incorporate? Starting a sole-proprietorship means you register and operate a business under your name or a DBA, which means you are fully liable for it. If you get into a partnership, the general partner is liable. People can get together and consolidate their investments to start a limited liable corporation, that is what a "company" means. An incorporation (Inc.) means a fully liable business has been incorporated, so therefore it is now a corporation with plural shareholders.

The problem that I'm trying to bring up here is the issue with shares. A company has many shareholders (investors). It's way too risky to invest in something that has no protection. Incorporating doesn't work! What you call a "share" is a claim! How can I assert that? You can't! Like I said, we got no platform to do that! 

To give you the reality, it doesn't work! And here is the game forcing you to incorporate!

You will get automatic mining unit in this game, the industry is automatic and all you got to do is feed it with materials, and retailing is automatic -- you can solo this game with those leverage! Who would want to be an employee when everybody in this game has an equity (as they can all mine with their own equipment on their personal and unclaimed tiles) and they receive 150K of ayuda (financial assistance) everyday. Only an idiot would want to be an employee on a condition like this! They all have the ability individually to employ and support themselves, so why would they work for anybody as an employee? Everyone should be an entrepreneur! Why? Because they all have the ability to generate income out of their own resources! If you can do that, you are a successful entrepreneur, which is easy to do for everybody! Do you have to make any ends meet? Nope, that's why income level doesn't matter on a game that has no survival! 

As far as equitable system is concerned, none of these things work! You can play in a group inequitably, I won't, and I will play something else with a sense of equity! I ain't playing a game of slave!

They failed to factor this game for the individual! I mean look at the basic unit of land in this game? It is 1 Km². That is the size of a financial center! If you just made it 5,000 m² and let them agglomerate into an urbanization with no government, this game would have realistically worked! 1 Km² for each player is too big to agglomerate together (30 tiles in this game in a line is just 30 player properties but 30 Km long. It will take you 40+ minutes to traverse that by foot. That is equivalent to travelling inter-city in real-life for just 30 player properties), which means the org will acquire the 1 km² and everyone will centrally live in it! So we are back here again with shares which does not work!

Please stop explaining you are taxing the servers with your walls of text. Too many deltas need to disable mining and remove your sound till fixed.