LEGION has won DU

Turing

Legion has remained unchallenged in the asteroids, raiding all the exotics and most of the rares
mining hundreds of KL of t5 and even more t4
attacking any who dare try to scan for a single one

And no one can stop them

will any protagonist try to take the throne of DU?

Party_Hat.png

I don't understand the relevance of the question.

Lets say the answer is: "yes, we the ABC org will fight them"

What will change? Will you, the single player, be allowed to scan an asteroid? Or will "ABC org" kill you on sight too?

How do you think "Legion" or "AC" was created?

Here is the thing. Balanced war is not profitable for the fighters. It's a huge waste of resources.

So why should any org battle with Legion when they can make an agreement, or even join ranks?

Do you get it now? It does not matter who will be the next Alpha org, there won't be any prolonged war. PPl will only fight a quick battle for an overwhelming win, or they will make deals and not have a war at all.

Unlike EVE, there are no borders, strategic sectors, stations to make a losing side hide in their bastion.

Here all is within reach and war has devastating consequences.

Unless the game design changes, this will be the future of DU, forever.

7 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

So why should any org battle with Legion when they can make an agreement, or even join ranks?

Negotiating with them from the position of weakness and division will only cost you your sovereignty, integrity, and independence, as you will be negotiating with the lack of bargaining power. Neutral organizations/people should exercise neutral foreign policy to remain neutral, otherwise you give in to their soft power in which you fall under their influence via diplomacy. How should you manage your diplomacy with Legion? By engaging them multilaterally, or forming a union and engaging them bilaterally, maintaining the balance of power, and investing in military for deterrence, so you will be able to project your power more in international relations. 

The point of hard power is to influence someone. The use of soft power is to the same end. I would rather that you shoot me than to give in to soft power! I came from a culture where honor is more important!

Why should you go to war? To act in resistance! Diplomatic solution only works when there is a term that everyone agrees with, or you are surrendering and therefore agreeing to the unfavorable term! 

It's still early enough in DU that it remains to be seen how long a large org can maintain its internal power structures, either due to fracturing at the highest level, or small highly motivated 'underground' movements within the org. Legion has only won round 1. 

Speaking about balance of power, that is what we don't have! Legion is the sole power by a great extent without even a coalition to rival it.  This state is called "hegemony" where no matter what we do, we are already under their hard power and soft power. The theory is true: they take advantage of everyone because everyone is weak and divided. This is what's been proposed: to enter an agreement with them at this condition. The solution is we work on establishing balance of power through unity or multilateral engagement so we have more power diplomatically. Balancing your international relations means representing your interest and neutrality, not bowing down to soft power!

Hilarious! All pvpers in the game except a few russians are IN LEGION, you guys destroying the game and giving eachother high fives for being 10 ship on 1, like u have skills or anything. Most legfion pilots also some of the worst pilots ever cant even intercept a target going straight.

If u Legion had any concept of fun or selfrespect they would split into 2 groups and have fun battling eachother. Now u have zero content and make posts about how good legion is. If a another group comes to challange u then just make allies again, 

Reason im saying this is I highly doubt there will come another big group into this game, also u guys played long time u know all the tricks and meta, if new group comes they need 8 months just to build up a base

3 hours ago, Eternal said:

Speaking about balance of power, that is what we don't have! Legion is the sole power by a great extent without even a coalition to rival it.

The game does NOT promote balance of power. 

Sure some people can make the choice to fight them. But they will either quickly win or quickly lose.

There wont ever be a "balance" 

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

The game does promote balance of power. 

Sure some people can make the choice to fight them. But they will either quickly win or quickly lose.

There wont ever be a "balance" 

Like I said, if we don't find a way to establish balance of power, we will continue to live under the hegemony of Legion. Hegemony means we live under their influence both militarily and diplomatically because they are so powerful and there is no rival to set as equilibrium. What you have is imbalance of power, a dominion of a sole power over the rest of us.

What do you mean not fight them? You're gonna have to and you're gonna have to do it diplomatically in a way that you are balancing you're international relations. Balancing your international relations as I said is about representing your own interest and neutrality. You can't just engage them diplomatically under their hegemony with no bargaining power at all. If you give in to their influence through diplomacy, they have soft power over you. As I said, it accomplishes the same thing and they didn't need to fire a single shot! I will say this again: you might as well kill me than to negotiate my defeat and be colonized because I value my honor more than my life! 

You can't negotiate with them without the balance of power. That is giving in to their soft power. It's a herd of deer negotiating with a pride of lions. Ofcourse you don't have bargaining power! Bring the elephants, the zebras, the hippopotamuses, the rhinoceroses, etc. with you and negotiate through the position of power, in that case you have more to bargain with.

13 minutes ago, Eternal said:

Like I said, if we don't find a way to establish balance of power, we will continue to live under the hegemony of Legion.

This is a symptom. But its not the real problem. 

Legion is only the current "face" of the problem. 

If they are defeated some new "face" will be here, oppressing players exactly like Legion is. 

The real problem is the lack of strategy in DU. 

There are no "strategic points" to defend. 

Legion is free to send their entire fleet to any location in the system without suffering any consequences. 

Even in the pvp zone, there are no consequences on retreating. 

It's not like the retreating party is loosing an important strategic point. 

The game strategy is resumed to one metric. More = win. 

This is the perfect scenario for a hegemony to grow. 

The game is the problem, not Legion or the players that dont want to fight Legion. 

17 hours ago, Turing said:

Legion has remained unchallenged in the asteroids, raiding all the exotics and most of the rares
mining hundreds of KL of t5 and even more t4
attacking any who dare try to scan for a single one

And no one can stop them

will any protagonist try to take the throne of DU?

Party_Hat.png

Lets see who is the winning force in 10 years, mkay?

Because

59 minutes ago, Cobqlt said:

Until someone beat you on it and you will install another game... ?

Why people blame Legion when all other "big group" just prefer to run away from the first difficulty

Because its always somebody better at the things you like and the things you want to do and its easier to bash them. Btw, why not join Legion or create another force to face them? :)

It was very long time coming (and discussed with great accuracy of predition in private talks). During this winter/spring stage was already pretty much set:

1) Atom was clearly gaining momentum (due very sucessful leadership and efficient politics).

2) BOO, main realistic competitor of Atom, largely gone from DU (first to sleep, now to SB);

3) Sneaky and his rowdy buddies are too few, even if very experinced (so in no position to to change balance fundamentaly).

4) NQ gone for particular "piece meal" version of asteroids, extreamly motivating surviving DU PvPers to go full monopoly mode.

So there is just no PvP entity that can check Atom (now even larger Legion). They become kinda masters of this ruined world beyond happy Landmark-2 reservation in SZ.

I like the spirit of the challenge but the current mechanics of PvP don't give me any incentive to join the story.

Mechanics of flying skill and three dimensional real time CQB gunnery skill with a stable server. That would make it fun. In fact,  PvP that involved any kind of skill at all would be an improvement. 

17 hours ago, Elitez said:

Because

Because its always somebody better at the things you like and the things you want to do and its easier to bash them. Btw, why not join Legion or create another force to face them? :)

We didn't join Legion, Legion is just the old AC PVP orgs, nothing more. We got 0 NAP, 0 allies, 0 asteroids pass... How all the other group org can't beat us? Cuz they don't want to (too lazy?) or cuz the game is boring atm but just like SB will be once we have enough hours on it or any other sandbox game.

We all need content, but if our enemies are looking for content we are always there, the reverse is unfortunately false. Yet it's us who are blamed

Legion's pilots are not so skilled pilots. Our asteroid detector gun-less ship was able to escape pursuing of 3 battle Legion ships simultaneously 2 times out of 2 meetings. 100% success rate.

Again, 3 (!!) Legion battle ships were not possible to do any harm to the single gun-less mining hauler! And that is not about diving in the nearest safe zone, all was done 100% in PvP zone, dozens su away from Safe zone.

Another issue was at today's night. CVA miners successfully completely depleted fresh not scanned T2 asteroid, and successfully captured 100% of ore from it. That was 2nd time our mining hauler successfully escaped the pursuit by 3 Legion ships. So, Legion pilots do not know how to fly???

Legion, GO HOME!

23 hours ago, Cobqlt said:

Until someone beat you on it and you will install another game... ?

Why people blame Legion when all other "big group" just prefer to run away from the first difficulty

No one ran away lol, guess thats what you call it though when someone finds a better option and decides 16v8 isn't really fun for both sides.