Frequency of game crashes are intolerable

Sybily

3 hours ago, Haunty said:

It's weird seeing threads like these when I haven't had a single crash yet. I'm kind of afraid to upgrade or replace my computer.

You are last ledendary white wolf of NQ : )

When game dies and become ruins, you will live in them, guarding lost treasures (alonside with cursed skeleton of landmarkexplorer) and then some adventurers can kill you and get xp and loot.

First off those assholes in the DU discussion on discord need to be hung up by their balls, I posted in there looking for help getting in touch with the devs about helping to show them what settings and things I have done to mitigate the crashing and all I got from Carter and those dicks was a load of crap.  I also tried to @GM in game and got no where I really do tihnk I have some insight on this issue to help. All I got from them was, "Oh its fixed on PTS he is talking about a non issue" well folks mama was wrong again No its not fixed on PTS as I still cant and have not been able to log into the PTS since before .26 patch. So if a Dev wants to hear how I have managed to stay in game for more than 2 seconds please fell free to contact me on discord at BlackBeardActul#8635. Thanks!!

Yeah, I was excited!

I signed up for Geforce Now because I need to workaround my unhandled exceptions on boot! I don't like session limits, so I paid the 10 bucks to fuckin play nonstop like a god dang goofball.

Then this patch comes out, and at this moment, I can't play. At all. lol :') fffffff's in chat yall.

Look I know this game is tight af (conceptually, not performance wise) but damn ... it really fucking sucks to be continuously experience a dramatic decrease in quality updates for each successive update recently. Like, literally has gotten worse for me to the point that, as of right now I cannot even log in or play.

I'd fuckin play with crashes. whatever man i get it, but it should be fuckin fixed. been a god damn year now. lol fuck features. im tired of this grandpa.

GeForce Now has a bug, that NQ is aware of now and fixing, so I can go to sleep or whatever and it might be fixed when i wake up... but lol like damn man idk, did anyone bother logging into GeForce Now to check before pushing this live? ? I'm not really sure I understand it all but damn. lol

See you guys soon tho, im too stupid and stubborn to stop trying to play XD

3 hours ago, Sybily said:

NQ Logic :

try {

//do stuff

} catch (Exception e) {

// this will never get hit so just swallow it

}

how optimistic you are to think that they use try / catch blocks at all. 

"if the game crashes that's just as good as swallowing the error...either way the exception goes away right?" 

It is more like..

try {
  //Early draft version that we say will be improved later.. (I can't believe we still get to use that excuse!?!)
} catch (Exception e) {
  // Make sure to use the early draft excuse, so that we don't have to put anything here.
}

Maybe they should just switch to an acutally working operating system for the client?

Like windows applications randomly crashing on like 5 out of 100 windows servers is kind of expected. You never expect windows to actually work reliably.

Probably worse on consumer machines where everyone also changes system settings because some blog post told them it is a good idea.

The last patch seem to have fixed the lockup crashes for me at least (2700X/1080TI).

But, the GPU utilization is really weird.

What I see when standing in a low voxel location where the game is maintaining high frame rates, is that the GPU is pegged at 100% all the time regardless.

And here is the kicker. If I then travel to District 6 or some other crowded location, not only does the frame rate drop. But the GPU utilization also drops to 50-60%!?!

And neither places has the CPU maxed out, so it is not a CPU bottleneck.

So they somehow managed to make the CPU/GPU fencing so badly that the game maxes out the GPU when it is not needed, and at the same time actually use less GPU when it is needed the most?

Never mind, crashes still there. Just not as frequent now. So instead of every 5 minutes it is every 20-30 minutes.

Edit: And also the ground seem to be filled with something called "pending operation". I find it everywhere I dig. But not sure yet what it is used for, and it doesn't seem to show up in the inventory..

I disabled a bunch of start up items, and now I can avoid unhandled exceptions before booting the game.

Except instead it's traded me for an unhandled exception mid game session. Guaranteed to kick me out of game at some point, but haven't figured it out yet.

NQ GJ, you made only right decision by focusing purely to stability.

Apollo update wasn't playable for me at the start, since I had AMD freeze problem.

First stability update made it very stable but there was still some issues with menu and crashes by them.

Second update seemed to fixed them also.

Now I am one happy Novean again.

-Rav