Frequency of game crashes are intolerable

Sybily

When game first launch beta to public I was a bit more forgiving during the first couple weeks but now there should be no excuses. Game has been out for almost a year and software quality has continued to decline as you rush patches out the door with little focus on QA.

Things that cause game to crash :

- Landing near market

- Landing near base

- Landing.....

- Flying over buildings

- Opening inventory

- Opening market/remote market

- Opening crafting menu

- Opening map

- Walking around?????

- ...and breathing

I'm sure there are countless other things i forgot to mention but this is an absolute embarrassment NQ's part. Org members have been telling me they won't bother even playing due to all the game crashes.

This is definitely an accurate description of how I feel. I can't even remember the number of times I have had to spend a long time repairing my Ships. It's insane.

Additional issues:
-Transparent Screens not working (it's just white)
-Detection Zones not working (doesn't turn on my Programming Boards)

Please do something to fix these issues.

Yeah... I have played since beta, as a Patron. It definitely was forgivable even in the first couple months for me. Working in game development myself, I understand how things may go. It didn't take long for me to soon see that it doesn't appear as though anyone here has any previous game development experience. The game is inconsistent, and while some features are robust, others are so lacking it's confusing. Overly complicated system, not good enough tools, shoddy performance and stability.

After almost a full year of being available to the public (not to mention the 2-3+ years in development prior, and nothing to show for it) there have been no meaningful improvements in performance, stability. Still haven't fixed the crashes, unhandled exceptions...

I played for about 3 months. Then stopped playing for about 6 months or something, only to come back recently. The coolest thing that has happened since is the community building things. There's literally nothing else to talk about. Nobody is missing anything by not playing. It's a shame really. The development team is aware, I'm sure, but I'm here to speak and say my opinion that the development team needs to stop production of half-baked features, to focus on stability and performance. If you did that from the start, the player base wouldn't be what it is now. The fact that I'm being told to update ports in my router as a workaround to my crashes, is a disappointment. It's not even a guarantee, and I'm not going to do all that. In the end you're losing customers, and those of us who're still vocal and here and speaking up, should be able to help guide the product to a healthy state.

I work in Quality Assurance for my job, and the quality bar is set really low on this project. The Project/Build Manager should feel ashamed. The producer should prioritize better, and the board members need to listen to the community and help support production to focus on quality foundations before adding features. Dual Universe doesn't know what it is anymore, and those of us who are still here, paying, playing, should and will dictate how the game proceeds. We got you.

Edited to add:
My whole org quit, they talk shit on the game. It sucks. lol Feels really bad.

-Crashing when flying
-Unhandled Exceptions after clicking play on launcher
-Server response time is absolutely garbage. Makes playing with other players a slide show when you're not on the ground.
-Loading times are garbage for absolutely everything
-Constructs/construct loading times/quality not optimized is also horrendous. Market 6 is perfect example. Market 6 should stay this way as a control bar for quality performance

1 minute ago, le_souriceau said:

Its 8th year of development actually, its started in 2014.

Mother of god lol years of making nothing. :( ?  At least Star Citizen is pushing boundaries as far game development is concerned, even if there's no "game" to play. This, though, is unacceptable.

Unfathomable lol 8 years... just :mindblown:

Did anyone see these freezes happening on PTS before .26 went live?

I never made it onto the test server myself.  But this is a new issue, it's only been happening for a week.  And NQ knows about it.

The servers are down for an update tomorrow.  So hopefully that will include a fix.

23 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Did anyone see these freezes happening on PTS before .26 went live?

I never made it onto the test server myself.  But this is a new issue, it's only been happening for a week.  And NQ knows about it.

The servers are down for an update tomorrow.  So hopefully that will include a fix.

Yes...... they even acknowledged it in the 0.26.1 pts patch notes

8 hours ago, WhiteZeus said:

Mother of god lol years of making nothing. :( ?  At least Star Citizen is pushing boundaries as far game development is concerned, even if there's no "game" to play. This, though, is unacceptable.

Unfathomable lol 8 years... just :mindblown:

No game to play? There’s far more to do in SC than DU. Hell, there’s more to do in ED than DU right now. 

only thing DU has the others don’t are voxels and LUA. But as all the murder hoboes say: pretty voxels in the safe zone don’t make a game. 

Ive got invalid cell version all over the place now, wasting 10 minutes trying to figure out why i can place a 10x8 voxel floor. And in the end I just move to another part of the building/ship.  Pending operations while building, are you serious??? This has become a building game where you cant even build. What else is there to do that doesnt crash, besides mining?

This game is so time consuming. And not because of the game, but because of all the errors this game has, that you have to fix yourself. Repairing your ship because you crashed after a game-crash takes a lot of time.

I was slowboating, the game crashed, I log back in and Im flying solo (it puts you on top of your seat and for me it glitched between the roof and put me outside) in space , at full speed, without my ship!! Trying to brake with your jetpack when you are going 27000 km/h and then have to jetpack back to your ship.... thanx, just wasted another hour and a half on boarding my own ship... 

Im trying to keep supporting this game(11 months now!) but im into my last two months if this continues. I simply dont have the time or patience for these jokes.

Save this game NQ, by making it stable plz. I dont care about coloured engines!

40 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

If the features don't work, the tests are negative, and the player feedback points out various bugs that NEED to be fixed first, then why is it still deployed virtually unchanged on live the next week?

We have been asking this exact question for a very long time now..

6 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

Im trying to keep supporting this game(11 months now!)

Thats nothing, some people are calling this out since the beginning, Myself im relative late with my 2018 start and even i feel like a veteran in complaining about "features"

4 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Ah! Then there must be an answer from NQ somewhere ?

The answer is "we know, and we are doing what we can to fix it" 

The true question is not bad things happen. Its why this cycle has been repeating it self for years. 

Are there any true tests before code reaches the players? 

I dont mean: "yes we tested 10 times and it worked"

I mean: "we executed a automation of 200 testes that we created and it passed with flying colors on the 20 diferent test environments we have." 

12 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

No game to play? There’s far more to do in SC than DU. Hell, there’s more to do in ED than DU right now. 

only thing DU has the others don’t are voxels and LUA. But as all the murder hoboes say: pretty voxels in the safe zone don’t make a game. 

Haha for sure. I can't argue, I recently bought SC about a month ago, but haven't played it. I bought it because of all the updates I've seen. Excuse me for being misinformed. :) I def think there's more content in SC than DU as is right now, but am not sure as to how fleshed out it all is.

We asked for a PTS, they gave it to us.

We provided feedback about stuff on the PTS. They did nothing.

We reported bugs we saw on the PTS and obvious balance issues. They ignored them.  (don't say they didn't, multiple posts on forums, reddit, discord and direct messages.)

PTS was a publicity stunt to make us "feel better".

Missions were advised as exploitable.  -Pushed to live with no changes.

Missions were advised made with pay to win mechanics- Pushed to live with no changes.  (Post made by NQ about multi-accounting being totally okay)

Missions created by players capped at 3 at a time- Destroyed any chance of player use for mass transit/content generation.

PTS for Apollo came out. 

Advised weapon imbalances, advised weapon hp imbalances - NQ did nothing

Up until the Apollo release I was one of those people that said "I'm here till the lights go out" but problem is, it seems now to me that there aren't any "lights on" over at the NQ development office.  I've tested/bug reported and QA'd hundreds of games since the early 90s. Never in my life have I seen a developer so "set in their way" that they refuse to fix issues that are "OBVIOUSLY" exploitable.

I was a white knight for NQ, but NQ poisoned my game and my mind. Now I'm not even a NQ hater, I'm just disappointed in them. Disappointed fully in their refusal to see truths.

We all know they pushed Apollo early due to Starbase and New World launches, due to mass exodus of players.  But all this did is result in the players who didn't leave having the absolute worst experience playing DU since Beta launched.

NQ I really hope you wake up and start smelling the big steamy pile of #$*t you have dropped on all the players currently in your game.  If you don't, you won't make it to end of year.  (this coming from a DU loyalist)

30 minutes ago, DekkarTV said:

We provided feedback about stuff on the PTS. They did nothing.

Its chronic issue of DU since start of player interaction with actual builds. And reason for so much alienation around.

They always so behind any deadlines, that its boils down to release "at least something" by burning date.  There is no time or resources to ensure quality of realeases (PTS not used as intended). I think, in twisted sense they even secretly hate feedback (especialy critical one) as additional annoyance between them and this sweet checkbox to mark as "delivered feature".