NQ- please learn to communicate with us.... in game?

BlindingBright

First off, Kudos for acknowledging the absolute mess that is crash to desktop issues, along with telling people to not use VR due to bugs. Though, it wasn't communicated very well and has caused major issues because of it- still kudos for trying to communicate with the community better vs staying silent.

Myself and others have been "Bugged Out", no skills seam to be applying now after using a VR station and crashing to desktop. Can't use industry. Can't mine efficiently. Can't deploy my ships with boosted skills.  No mention of this on the login screen, or in game- and the announcement didn't get published to all the discords mirroring announcements- so few people saw it. 

Crash to Desktop issue announcement? Awesome, thank you NQ for acknowledging it- though it's hidden away in an announcement within discord. and in discord discussion people were told by an employee to "not fly their ships if they're at risk of crashing", aka- stop playing in general discussion. 

NovaQuark should not have to rely on Discord(which not all players use!) to push announcements to the game- and the in game pop-up misses a ton of people as if you're not logged in when it's sent you wont see it..... Literally, a simple pop-up/notification at the login screen could have saved a lot of heartache this week.

If it wasn't for these serious, show stopping, game breaking problems- 0.26 would have been a solid update with content and quality of life improvements(better FPS, interface improvements, and little baby asteroids that took almost zero player input from PTS)I hope the dev & GM team, and most likely managment that pushed the dev team to go live- learns from this. Also- get a couple more GM's for the weekends when the player base is most active like any other MMO with a subscription model has.... and a pony, yes- I want a pony too... well I mean pets were promised in the kick-starter after-all... ;) Who am I kidding? I'd just settle with a game that works, and I can play.

4 hours ago, NQ-Pann said:

@BlindingBright, thank you for bringing this up. We are training more team members on how to do messaging on the launcher in order to provide more effective communication in as many places as possible. We'll be better! 

I've noticed more GM's online/interacting with the community this weekend- it's been nice to see. Was able to get help when needed. On top of that, I have yet to have a single crash to desktop today, so that's nice :D Thank you all for the hard work!