Thank you, Dual Universe.

aliensalmon

On 8/8/2021 at 1:00 AM, aliensalmon said:

Not really, just taking a hiatus to play other games. This game will take a backseat for a while.

Do yourself a favour, if you leave, dont stink us this forum like that majority of bitter vets around.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:22 PM, le_souriceau said:

Thanks for answers.

This basicly what torments me with whole this DU discussions -- they can fix bugs, balance, add (some) content even, nice, but how game will be able to rekindle lost momentum in terms of population? Because all we know how empty MMOs vulnerable and how hards its to reverse bad trending of self-fulfiling prophecy -- of "dying" game. This makes me bit pessimistic, so I see wipe as sort of "last hope magical button", its probably not, but I just have no any other realistic idea how it can be done. DU seems to be beyond salvation by gradual improvment, some sort of shock therapy tempting.

Maybe new system on release, that blocked from older players, but they just start making alts like crazy, so not sure how its end up.

You are completely underestimating the market of the game and the number of people that actually know about it.  I must have 15-20 people who I am waiting to recommend the game to once it is ready.  I joined my old Mech Warriors clan the other day for a catch up, not a single one of them had heard of it. The game hasnt launched on Steam (which we have no idea if it is on the cards).  I still dont really see the game as live yet, so certainly not going to pronounce it dead.

5 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

I still dont really see the game as live yet, so certainly not going to pronounce it dead.

Yeah, don't need to worry about population until after release when it is ready to be advertised. This is the normal population, the beta release rush was the anomaly of people wanting to try the game out. The game's definitely not ready to hold much of a subscriber base.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:55 PM, aliensalmon said:

I agree it does look awesome. But a lot of people are saying that the game population is dying off. I dunno.

I'll think I'll come back to the game soon to check on the general chat and see how busy it is.

I went to a trade port on Sanctuary Moon and saw about 200 speeders parked there.  Does that mean anything?  There were definitely people running around once I went up the ramp.

7 hours ago, Haunty said:

Yeah, don't need to worry about population until after release when it is ready to be advertised. This is the normal population, the beta release rush was the anomaly of people wanting to try the game out. The game's definitely not ready to hold much of a subscriber base.

I subbed for 3 months for $20 to try it out.  I like it so far!

10 hours ago, Haunty said:

I actually think the game is getting a lot closer to being ready.  Despite what some people say on here (who I dont believe have actually played the game in some time), recent updates have made a big difference and with what appears to be in the roadmap for the next few patches, I think we might have a game I would be happy to recommend soon.

2 hours ago, zoldos said:

I went to a trade port on Sanctuary Moon and saw about 200 speeders parked there.  Does that mean anything?  There were definitely people running around once I went up the ramp.

Dont listen to a lot of people on this forum, a large number of them dont actually play the game, the quit a while ago and have been posting the same negative stuff on here for ages.  The population is ok for where the game is development wise, pretty sure that NQ will have a plan to get people in when the time is right.