Ship Disassembling

Hirnsausen

If a player wantsto disassemble a ship completely, there should be a right-click option to recycle it. All honeycombs and all elements would be inside the (linked) inventory again. Some big ships take ages to be disassembled especially because the voxel selection tool (7) cannot capture much area.

If that container is full, disasselbling stops. Then link to another container, and activate DISASSELBLE again. Repeat until everything is stored.

• 4 weeks later...

1) More posts from different people, more chances that they will listen to us.
2) Destruction of modules when dismantling the kernel and what you suggest are not the same thing. How do you disassemble a ship L in space into inventory ? Technically, it is much easier to implement demolition with destruction of elements.

• 3 months later...

So frustrating trying to pull down a L core. With max select area ~1/50th of construct it took forever. Then there's a microvoxel somewhere in the core you can't find.

I'd say this is even more important with statics. With no alignment grid-snap or a silhouette (so you can see which way it's facing when placed) it's highly unlikely your first placement attempt is going to be as desired. 

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree with option "right-click option to recycle it" if you don't have time to disassemble it then leave it - I'll take it. NQ please don't make this option, but pls make more indication  tools how to find elements on construct.

Another idea for the microvoxel issue would be an option, where you can choose to delete all the remaining stuff in the construct.

So you still have to disassemble it by yourself if you don't want to loose all the stuff (which is okay I think). But when you are mostly finished with disassembling it would be nice to have this option.

Could work like this: In build mode, activate the core -> Scrap remaining parts -> a pop-up appears with a warning that the scrapped stuff will be lost together with a list of the remaining elements+voxels (like the list you have for blueprints)

So you can check this list and decide "just two adjustors and <1m³ voxels, that's okay to loose" and delete it.

Automatic disassembling with getting the resources back would be nice, but I think this would make all this too easy.

• 2 weeks later...

If a player has a very big ship, I do not understand why some players want to spendhours with outdated, old-style manual disassembling. In a future that sees spaceships, I am sure humamns wuld have implemented things to make life easier. Yes, a right-click menu option to automatically disassembling is a big need.

Imagine when building a base or ship, you could place only 10 voxels each hour. That compares to me to the restriction of not being able to safe time with auto-disassembling.

I also don't understand another players suggestion that all players of DU who need to disassemble a ship should give that ship to this player. Is he haing so much time at his hands that he will do the disasembling of each ship he receives and thn return all elements and honeycombs to each player?Why aplayer? Or is the player meaning, a GM has to do this? I am really not undertaning the logic behind that player's suggestion, I admit.