We are waiting... why have we not got this NQ YET..... Explain

teso91

Asteroids coming.

Yet no mining lasers on our ships.

Jesus Christ can i throw this JC pickaxe out yet.

The sooner NQ gets rid of JC the better.

He is obviously still in charge.

NQ give me the mailing address of JC so i can send him a bunch of coal and pickaxes, because this is absolutely ridiculous 

Are you ok? You sound a bit on edge. 

Arguably, and by some people’s reckoning. Jesus Christ hasn’t visited here for 2000 odd years. He also didn’t bring a pickaxe last time he came. 

You do realise that JC and The JC are not the same person, don’t you? ?

But on a serious note, this is DU development is slow. Welcome to the club. 

On 8/1/2021 at 3:06 AM, CptLoRes said:

It is kinda telling when this forum as sad as it is, is giving me more entertainment then playing the game.

It's kinda even sadder that this forum now often only generating single-digit daily posts... about the game... rather than vaccines.. that thread got plenty of posts...  T_T

And to be fair that other game is really jankey at the moment, but I have much more faith in the company behind that game. I just can't see NQ being able to pull a "No Man's Sky" or anything even resembling that.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:25 PM, CptLoRes said:

And to be fair that other game is really jankey at the moment, but I have much more faith in the company behind that game. I just can't see NQ being able to pull a "No Man's Sky" or anything even resembling that.

I would very much like to believe that, but the circumstances of Hello Games and Novaquark were quite different.

By the time Hello Games started working on NMS, they had already shipped 3 games, so it's not too much of stretch to say they have had a small, but fairly experienced team to work with. Most of the launch troubles of NMS were due to not having experience working on project of that magnitude, consequently falling behind the production schedule,  which led to having to choose between releasing what they had at the time or go bust.

In Novaquark's case it's a team that has never realeased a commercial title, led by someone who had no experience making any game indie, hobbyst or commercial.  To make things even more complicated, they decided to license a rather obscure game engine with no proven track record, besides a few simulations and couple of obscure games that have not even been released at the time.  Add a rather play it by the ear approach to design, NQ setup really has Sisyphean quality to it. 

If you think about it, with the way they stacked their own deck, it's quite a miracle NQ managed to release anything at all.  Like quite a few of you i did enjoy DU for a while but at some point i realized DU really is as wide as an ocean and as shallow as a pond. And it's hard for me to see it changing with NQ's  unique talent of spending incomprehensible large share of their time digging themselves out of countless holes, instead of spending a little extra time on avoiding jumping into those very holes in the first place.

Speaking of that other game. One their forums currently one of the hottest topics is about how the crafting system is to slow.

And..  The developer responsible for the system actually responded directly in the forum. Explaining the rationale behind the system, what went wrong, and how they plan to fix it. And that response came only a week after the thread was started, despite what I imagine must be a very busy time for them.

After years dealing with NQ, that blew my mind. I don't care if there are bugs and design issues in early access, that is to be expected. It is how the devs/company respond and deal with the problems that matter.

Or in the case of NQ, how they don't respond, and just continue doing their own thing. Regardless of how much player feedback and testing suggest it is a bad idea. And then once the dev time has been spent and the predicted (by players) damage has been done, and people are rioting. Start backpedaling with quick fixes that degrade the overall game by making it even more janky.

32 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Speaking of that other game. One their forums currently one of the hottest topics is about how the crafting system is to slow.

And..  The developer responsible for the system actually responded directly in the forum. Explaining the rationale behind the system, what went wrong, and how they plan to fix it. And that response came only a week after the thread was started, despite what I imagine must be a very busy time for them.

After years dealing with NQ, that blew my mind. I don't care if there are bugs and design issues in early access, that is to be expected. It is how the devs respond and deal with the problems that matter.

I would like to add at this point that the tech tree was not in closed alpha, just like the easy build mode. We did not have the opportunity to give our feedback on it.  

But to pick up on your initial point, that's what I've always said: The players will forgive you if you live flawless communication like the other company over 2 years and treat your players like real customers. 

I gave my feedback on the translations a couple of days just before early access what people were doing and the dev in charge, who you usually never see talking in discord, spoke up. She took note, took my suggestions seriously and communicated the changes that were coming.

If I then compare this with NQ, where I commented that the org changes (as they were originally planned) would not work as they were (as an example, I took 2 people who want to collaborate together and would need a 3rd person to run this alliance), I got the answer: "It's a multiplayer game". Planned changes or that my point of view would be taken into account? Not a chance.

It then took 3 weeks to communicate that they had listened to "big" orgs and are postponing it. In the end, I feel slightly fooled. So why continue to give my input?

8 minutes ago, SirJohn85 said:

So why continue to give my input?

Exactly. After the so called "testing and feedback" stage in pre and alpha where I and other players submitted countless rapports on bugs and issues, only to be completely ignored. My motivation to spend time trying to "help" NQ with bug rapports is literally zero. You reap what you sow and all that..

9 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Exactly. After the so called "testing and feedback" stage in pre and alpha where I and other players submitted countless rapports on bugs and issues, only to be completely ignored. My motivation to spend time trying to "help" NQ with bug rapports is literally zero. You reap what you sow and all that..

DU started the beta without a stress test. If I compare that with the other game, which had up to 3 events every week in the closed alpha (in the form of stress test and pvp events, besides servers running 24/7) up to closed alpha for a year, which by the way can also be documented afterwards from the announcements in their discord(!), then they are two different worlds. Oh, and I would like to note that after each event you were given forms to fill out. DU had that too. In the whole pre-beta time 2 times or so. Have you been asked in the NQ forms if you think the game is ready for the beta? No, you were not. In the other company you were ALWAYS asked what your view on early access is.