Devs make AUTOMINING update!!!!!

Wargearer

There is no problem with active mining as an element in the game.
Eve is great example of that.
NQ took many elements of the game but decided to make mining by them self and it fails.
NQ is not aware about how bad this mechanic is because they don't do it.

Mining can be fun, but current mining have to be replaced with something less annoying.
For me the mining is not a problem, it's finding the ores that piss me off.
Most of time you spend digging dirt and trying to find node, only to find 2500L nod.
In eve you don't care, you can switch between rocks within 1s.
In starbase you always have similar amount of ore, and you can judge the amount of ore, on size of asteroid(Imageine that!).
Another example is mining in ED, there is lots of people who do it for fun.
Imagine giving us a some kind of explosive material, then turning it on and seeing big freaking explosion fallowed with exposing the ores.
I guarantee you that lots of people would mine because it would be fun to blow things up and get nodes pop.

Here you can find original plans for mining game-play.

For some reason NQ decided not to follow this original consent.

Some people will specialize in finding large veins of important materials (and possibly sell the intel about the location), while some others will specialize in mining it, focusing on a mining site for several weeks or months. When you exploit a deep vein, you will need to install things like lifts, vehicles, containers, and clean wide shafts to ease material and dirt evacuation. Maybe even factories close to the vein to transform the ore into pure material. This differs from most other games where scanning and mining are usually very similar and the activity of mining and scanning alternate frequently as you jump from one asteroid to another, or one mining spot to the other.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:54 AM, Draqolas said:

Imagine giving us a some kind of explosive material, then turning it on and seeing big freaking explosion fallowed with exposing the ores.
I guarantee you that lots of people would mine because it would be fun to blow things up and get nodes pop.

First time I see someone talking about mining and I am like "hmm, I would try that"...

"Make stuff go boom" mining style ftw !