i hear through the grapevine that the AC has split, im seeking answers.

ELX987

This answer is not for you jokers, but for new players that might actualy not know who AC is. 

When beta started there were several minor and major orgs around. 

Some wanted to colonize some planet, others wanted to make elements, others to mine, others to design ships, others to enslave noobs into forced labor, etc. 

But at that time, PVP was a huge pile of bugs that NQ called "code" 

So, non PVP oriented orgs were very unsure on how to do PVP, why do it, and most important, the consequences of PVP. 

Most of those orgs were founded by alpha or pre-alpha players that knew each other very well. 

So, agreements of non aggression between those orgs were made and information about ore, market needs, bugs, casualties started to flow. 

With the growth of BOO's activities (known pirate org) and the aggregation of smaller pirate orgs into their sphere of influence, those orgs that had 1 to 1 agreements seated together and joined forces to create one alliance: AC

From this point on, i stopped playing the game and lost access to inside information. 

But i know that later AC did create some "powerfull" armed forces and was even hired to provide security in some occasions, like the starwars event that BOO attacked. 

So for all i know. AC is the most bright (and maybe the only) shard of "Law" in the system. Perhaps the only thing standing between civilization and total anarchy. 

So yes, if confirmed, the breaking down of AC is a major political event that will have serious impacts in security and piracy. 

As far as I know, AC is still around.  It is the splinter group, mainly ATOM and the other PvP focused orgs that have renamed themselves Legion.  The only 'shard of Law' in the system is Aphelia, who's magic keeps planetary surfaces and the space around Alioth, Madis, and Thades immune to weapons fire.

AC was bunch of orgs

On 7/26/2021 at 1:58 AM, joaocordeiro said:

<snip>

Let me try.

<story starts at beta release>

AC was a bunch of orgs, mostly carebears, limited amount of PVPers under alliance named Ascendancy or something.

ATOM joined them and did some white knight PVP under name of "AC ATOM". Did some fun events for PVP and generated content.

Here come the asteroids and ATOM decided that protecting other AC carebears is no fun especially if they don't pay and left AC.

Some AC orgs that do at least some PVP followed ATOM and they formed legion.

AC remained with mostly carebears and will most likely be irrelevant now.

All this "majoir political event" and MMO drama involve no more than 2 dozen people at this point.

No one outside of AC/legion really cares about this.

On the first day of legion being formed, "AC ATOM" ship got cored in PVP space. ATOM leaders denied it is one of theirs saying it's fake. It turned out to be a lame try to cover a carebear loss of ATOM member.

10 minutes ago, XKentX said:

All this "majoir political event" and MMO drama involve no more than 2 dozen people at this point.

You are not representative of what ppl care or not. 

You can only talk for your self and your 2 or 3 minions. 

But even that fails. Because if you truly did not care, you would not be replying to this thread. 

To me its pure envy. 

42 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You are not representative of what ppl care or not. 

You can only talk for your self and your 2 or 3 minions. 

But even that fails. Because if you truly did not care, you would not be replying to this thread. 

To me its pure envy. 

When people express their opinion about interests of others it's their opinion you can agree or disagree with. It doesn't make them representatives.

envy of what ? An alliance I was actively exterminating for months collapse under it's own weight ?

3 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Nope, I think you are envy of the attention AC is getting even at its downfall. 

Sorry to disappoint you but there is my post in almost each thread on the forum first page due to me just wanting to chat etc while the build is running...

8 hours ago, XKentX said:

AC was bunch of orgs

Let me try.

<story starts at beta release>

AC was a bunch of orgs, mostly carebears, limited amount of PVPers under alliance named Ascendancy or something.

ATOM joined them and did some white knight PVP under name of "AC ATOM". Did some fun events for PVP and generated content.

Here come the asteroids and ATOM decided that protecting other AC carebears is no fun especially if they don't pay and left AC.

Some AC orgs that do at least some PVP followed ATOM and they formed legion.

AC remained with mostly carebears and will most likely be irrelevant now.

On the first day of legion being formed, "AC ATOM" ship got cored in PVP space. ATOM leaders denied it is one of theirs saying it's fake. It turned out to be a lame try to cover a carebear loss of ATOM member.

ROFL. Even I wouldn't describe AC that negatively.

• 2 weeks later...

lmfao this Eternal guy goin' OFF LOL

It's a game bro. XD dude trippin' hard on some other shit talkin some comparisons between IRL and a game... Sheeeeeeeesh! XD

Dude apparently blogs for politics but says he 'quitted' the game. Hope that works out for you man.

It always amuses me when adults, males (white males, let’s be honest)  create cute little dramas in teacups. 

Never heard of AC or ATOM or Legion until this thread.

lots of big talk and macho, pseudo militaristic group names and members spouting strong words when it’s probably double digit active users at best. 

also the derogatory nature they have towards those who don’t like fighting in a digital computer game means that IMHO, they deserve zero respect in or out of game. If they call non PvPers carebears, the non-PvPers should just label them what they are: sad, lonely men looking to find some compensation release or satisfaction in a computer game, far away from the emasculating reality in which they apparently live. 

5 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

It always amuses me when adults, males (white males, let’s be honest)  create cute little dramas in teacups. 

lots of big talk and macho, pseudo militaristic group names and members spouting strong words when it’s probably double digit active users at best. 

also the derogatory nature they have towards those who don’t like fighting in a digital computer game means that IMHO, they deserve zero respect in or out of game. If they call non PvPers carebears, the non-PvPers should just label them what they are: sad, lonely men looking to find some compensation release or satisfaction in a computer game, far away from the emasculating reality in which they apparently live. 

We have destroyed a lot of AC haulers, now it's time to destroy the Legion haulers :))

12 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Best is when they pitch pvp as the thing that is going to make or break the game... In software that has been advertised as lock&shoot from the beginning. And then in the next breath some will even tell you how it actually sucks, because it isn´t romanticised dogfights that emulate fighter jets, as if space warfare would look like that... ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 1:37 PM, WhiteZeus said:

lmfao this Eternal guy goin' OFF LOL

It's a game bro. XD dude trippin' hard on some other shit talkin some comparisons between IRL and a game... Sheeeeeeeesh.

Don't get him started on the quality of 'gears', various nations manufacturing processes, and the fragility of vertical stabilizers... or just airplanes in general.

On topic, I just want to say that as someone who was a member of the former terran union (it's been so long but didn't they bootstrap that whole alliance before it became the ascendancy?) and the whole sloppy mess those guys created for themselves in getting out, that I find this whole thread very huehue.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 4:26 AM, Deleted said:

Oh be quiet, you. This has nothing to do with race, stop making it about race. Nor with ones sex.