i hear through the grapevine that the AC has split, im seeking answers.

ELX987

For those who know me from BOO, just to clarify, i left BOO as of june 29th on good terms, i have all the respect for my fellow BOO friends and wish them the best in all endeavors.

--------

Now, i must ask: why did the AC split? who got fed up with who? who went where and why? what caused conflict?

im looking for ALL answers, this is for the community and the lore of the game, as this major political event cannot go unnoticed.

im calling apon answers from any and all reps from DSI, NG, ATOM, HYP, IC, ZC, ATS, and any other org involved in the AC before the split to give the truest possible answer.

thank you for your time and participation in my thread.

Won't speak on the topic itself. Maybe there will be some official statements.

Just commenting on the point of "this major political event cannot go unnoticed".

It is a sad state, that there is no DU news source left (excluding Fix News, which is basically a personal blog) and we don't even have something like the old community page anymore. All the political activity happens on closed Discords and most of the greater community will never hear about it. Maybe the current player base isn't interested in politics, but to me it was always the most interesting aspect of DU. The reason for the single shard was, that players have an impact on the world and other players can learn about it. If all that really has to wait until territory warfare is implemented... well... that's a bit late.

I don't have a solution. News research is hard work with very little reward and the game doesn't make it any easier. You need enthusiasm, and that is hard to come by these days.

10 hours ago, Agilulf said:

Maybe the current player base isn't interested in politics

You support a politician or a party because you see them as an asset to you. What is this AC? Do you think I give a sh*t about them?

The moderators here have warned me about discussing real-life politics so I can't use an example here (based on real-life) of how politics hinder development.

What is your platform and why should the public give a f**k? Are you delivering on your promises? Are you performing your responsibilities? Are you performing based on competence? Are you even doing public service or are you just there to cling to power? AC has no election, so it is a totalitarian organization with a ruling class that has absolute power.

The public learns about politics through media, and you know I'm the biggest critic of bias medias (again, I'm not gonna give you real-life examples because of the forum rules). I don't believe that there is something you call a "neutral" media because they all have an opinion about something. They use this "neutral media" excuse to monopolize the media. If you have an opinion about something--and everyone does--you are not "neutral", so stop deceiving people! In this age, the media is no longer controlled by the giant mass medias, and there are now smaller independent news sources because the barrier-to-entry when it comes to publishing has been made more accessible! If you have an opinion about politics, then do state it, but do not ever call yourself "neutral" because that is not fair! There is no neutral news! What the public has to do is listen to all sources with opposing political opinions and make the judgement themselves! What you don't want to do is to listen to one source and be influenced by it! When some so-called "neutral" social media platforms took political side in some country and banned some politician's account, you deny people rights to press freedom, and therefore it is not liberal! They should not be able to operate legally on a country that proud itself with democracy! But raising issues such as press freedom, you are just gonna call me a "woke", even though this is a serious problem!

I'm not interested about the politics in this game as they all lack the quality, but news about them will have to come from player-driven media sources with their opinions, and players are free to debate in-game politics! I don't buy this "neutral news" bull sh*t!

This AC, in my opinion, is a useless organization! You are gonna ask for support and then you don't give anything back? A bunch of "patrons"! ("Patron", based on Spanish history, is a powerful religious leader receiving support from patronizers) Don't compare yourself to Joe Biden, you patron!

On 7/21/2021 at 7:20 PM, ELX987 said:

this major political event cannot go unnoticed.

I haven't noticed anything ...

On 7/21/2021 at 7:20 PM, ELX987 said:

DSI, NG, ATOM, HYP, IC, ZC, ATS, and any other org involved in the AC

I don't understand anything of what you are saying ...

15 hours ago, Eternal said:

You support a politician or a party because you see them as an asset to you. What is this AC? Do you think I give a sh*t about them?

The moderators here have warned me about discussing real-life politics so I can't use an example here (based on real-life) of how politics hinder development.

What is your platform and why should the public give a f**k? Are you delivering on your promises? Are you performing your responsibilities? Are you performing based on competence? Are you even doing public service or are you just there to cling to power? AC has no election, so it is a totalitarian organization with a ruling class that has absolute power.

The public learns about politics through media, and you know I'm the biggest critic of bias medias (again, I'm not gonna give you real-life examples because of the forum rules). I don't believe that there is something you call a "neutral" media because they all have an opinion about something. They use this "neutral media" excuse to monopolize the media. If you have an opinion about something--and everyone does--you are not "neutral", so stop deceiving people! In this age, the media is no longer controlled by the giant mass medias, and there are now smaller independent news sources because the barrier-to-entry when it comes to publishing has been made more accessible! If you have an opinion about politics, then do state it, but do not ever call yourself "neutral" because that is not fair! There is no neutral news! What the public has to do is listen to all sources with opposing political opinions and make the judgement themselves! What you don't want to do is to listen to one source and be influenced by it! When some so-called "neutral" social media platforms took political side in some country and banned some politician's account, you deny people rights to press freedom, and therefore it is not liberal! They should not be able to operate legally on a country that proud itself with democracy! But raising issues such as press freedom, you are just gonna call me a "woke", even though this is a serious problem!

I'm not interested about the politics in this game as they all lack the quality, but news about them will have to come from player-driven media sources with their opinions, and players are free to debate in-game politics! I don't buy this "neutral news" bull sh*t!

This AC, in my opinion, is a useless organization! You are gonna ask for support and then you don't give anything back? A bunch of "patrons"! ("Patron", based on Spanish history, is a powerful religious leader receiving support from patronizers) Don't compare yourself to Joe Biden, you patron!

So you're just angry that no one will let you spew your anger anywhere? What a surprise!!! I bet...you'll get BOOTED from here too. So yeah..... NOT HERE! Go spew your anger elsewhere...Buh bye now! 

The President of Alioth,

Dr. Frigo Porco 

PS you should be ashamed of yourself ... you're Canadian! (or so you say) 

15 hours ago, Eternal said:

Why do you say so much and matter so little...?

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Hi dude, what happened to you? (missing since November) 

Everything ok in RL? 

Yeah man Covid kicked back up and had to take a break. People have been asking me if I am back and I didnt have an answer before but, now I think yeah Im back. Good to see you again.

You know why people couldn't care less about politics in this game? Because organizations in this game are autocratic and totalitarian. Systems in real-life have evolved to be more equitable and liberal, and what kind of system do you exercise in this game? The old dynastic system during the feudal pre-globalized period with a class system! Some rulers are able to preserve this tradition today such as Brunei for example. Before Brunei was reduced to a small country it is today, it actually was a powerful thalassocracy! Sarawak, Sabah, western parts of Mindanao (including Sulu islands), southern part of Luzon, parts of Kalimantan, Belitung island, Mindoro, and Palawan, were all parts of Brunei through it's influence. They lost all those territories when the Westerners colonized Southeast Asia and the Bruneian monarch became a British protectorate. This empire is able to survive today with 500K population and small territory ruled by a sultan as the absolute monarch without any distinction between the wealth of the country and wealth of the sultanate. The world has changed so much today yet you still structure organizations in this game like we are still in the feudal period! Your system doesn't bear any semblance to the modern system and standard we have today in the real world! Why would the public care about the politics in this game if they can't influence it at all because there is no representative government in this game? We are not constituents, we are just subjects to your rule! 

I couldn't care less about the politics in this game because there is no democracy at all and the absence of quality politicians! Politics in this game is a joke! I mean look at the RDMS, it is structured for absolute monarchy because the legates have all the power (the RDMS is a command structure). You know what happens when the people completely lost it's trust in the government (or the system)? They will go on people power movement such as what happened in Libya, the Philippines, and Myanmar, or worse, violent rebellion, to instigate change. The people here have the power to influence the system (without their cooperation, it doesn't work in the first place). Sure, you introduced organization and RDMS in this game in physical form, but they are built for command! 

The politics in this game is a feudal de facto one! I have yet to see a developed official political system that gives power to the people! And the masses in this game is a dumb *ss! They don't even know their rights! How can you have good politics if the masses have slave mentality? How can I form a voting bloc if the rest of you are slaves? How can I represent you in the congress if you don't wanna be represented at all?

You know, even Yakuza holds an election, do you know that?

50 minutes ago, Eternal said:

You know why people couldn't care less about politics in this game? Because organizations in this game are autocratic and totalitarian. Systems in real-life have evolved to be more equitable and liberal, and what kind of system do you exercise in this game? The old dynastic system during the feudal pre-globalized period with a class system! Some rulers are able to preserve this tradition today such as Brunei for example. Before Brunei was reduced to a small country it is today, it actually was a powerful thalassocratical empire! Sarawak, Sabah, western parts of Mindanao (including Sulu islands), southern part of Luzon, parts of Kalimantan, Belitung island, Mindoro, and Palawan, were all parts of Brunei through it's influence. They lost all those territories when the Westerners colonized Southeast Asia and the Bruneian monarch became a British protectorate. This empire is able to survive today with 500K population and small territory ruled by a sultan as the absolute monarch without any distinction between the wealth of the country and wealth of the sultanate. The world has changed so much today yet you still structure organizations in this game like we are still in the feudal period! Your system doesn't bear any semblance to the modern system and standard we have today in the real world! Why would the public care about the politics in this game if they can't influence it at all because there is no representative government in this game? We are not constituents, we are just subjects to your rule! 

I couldn't care less about the politics in this game because there is no democracy at all and the absence of quality politicians! Politics in this game is a joke! I mean look at the RDMS, it is structured for absolute monarchy because the legates have all the power (the RDMS is a command structure). You know what happens when the people completely lost it's trust in the government (or the system)? They will go on people power movement such as what happened in Libya, the Philippines, and Myanmar, or worse, violent rebellion, to instigate change. The people here have the power to influence the system (without their cooperation, it doesn't work in the first place). Sure, you introduced organization and RDMS in this game in physical form, but they are built for command! 

The politics in this game is a feudal de facto one! I have yet to see a developed official political system that gives power to the people! And the masses in this game is a dumb *ss! They don't even know their rights! How can you have good politics if the masses have slave mentality? How can I form a voting bloc if the rest of you are slaves? How can I represent you in the congress if you don't wanna be represented at all?

For someone who couldn't care less you write some books about it.

Right now, the biggest problem in this game is you lack players and this is continuing to dwindle! Nobody is blogging about politics in this game because #1. it's limited to the command type, #2. there is lack of activity.

I quitted this game to blog about politics in real-life! There is nothing for me to blog about this game, it's dead!

On 7/22/2021 at 6:25 AM, Eternal said:

"Patron", based on Spanish history, is a powerful religious leader receiving support from patronizers) Don't compare yourself to Joe Biden, you patron!

Dude quickly check your forum account it literally states U have received the backer title/are a "patron". I hope RL politics don't cause u as much stress as the game does.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:47 PM, Eternal said:

You know why people couldn't care less about politics in this game? Because organizations in this game are autocratic and totalitarian. Systems in real-life have evolved to be more equitable and liberal, and what kind of system do you exercise in this game? The old dynastic system during the feudal pre-globalized period with a class system! Some rulers are able to preserve this tradition today such as Brunei for example. Before Brunei was reduced to a small country it is today, it actually was a powerful thalassocratical empire! Sarawak, Sabah, western parts of Mindanao (including Sulu islands), southern part of Luzon, parts of Kalimantan, Belitung island, Mindoro, and Palawan, were all parts of Brunei through it's influence. They lost all those territories when the Westerners colonized Southeast Asia and the Bruneian monarch became a British protectorate. This empire is able to survive today with 500K population and small territory ruled by a sultan as the absolute monarch without any distinction between the wealth of the country and wealth of the sultanate. The world has changed so much today yet you still structure organizations in this game like we are still in the feudal period! Your system doesn't bear any semblance to the modern system and standard we have today in the real world! Why would the public care about the politics in this game if they can't influence it at all because there is no representative government in this game? We are not constituents, we are just subjects to your rule! 

wow...no real life politics here...

On 7/22/2021 at 11:10 PM, Eternal said:

Right now, the biggest problem in this game is you lack players and this is continuing to dwindle! Nobody is blogging about politics in this game because #1. it's limited to the command type, #2. there is lack of activity.

I quitted this game to blog about politics in real-life! There is nothing for me to blog about this game, it's dead!

or here! 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:20 AM, ELX987 said:

For those who know me from BOO, just to clarify, i left BOO as of june 29th on good terms....

this major political event cannot go unnoticed.

ClosedFancyJoey-max-1mb.gif

Also, what is AC?

For those who know me as a meat eater, I ate a marvelous burger with pickles and a slice of crispy bacon on the 22nd. Why bacon, you may ask... Because everything* tastes better with bacon.  I have much respect for the chef that made this delicious feast and wish the best of luck for his business.

*for certain, highly specific definitions of everything.