We need more late game things to do, what would you like to see?

Shaman

with 0.26 coming out, players will now be able to mine asteroids, which will be another source for quanta; so now the main ways to get money are these:

1. Surface Mining
  2. Scanning
  3. Trading
  4. Hauling + Missions
  5. Pirating
  6. Building
  7. Industry
  8. and Asteroid Mining.

I'm very glad that NQ are working on more and more ways to make money, (a HUGE improvement from the start of beta) but as good as these are, one problem remains; There are not enough late game activities to do to keep most people interested after the first 3 or so months. After you get your first AGG there is basically nothing to do. The only late game activities that you can do (and what I do) is building and PvP, and although I greatly, greatly appreciate the love its been getting recently (big thanks NQ), it is inevitable that a large portion of the playerbase will find the act of doing it too risky/hard/not their playstyle and never try it, no matter how much good it gets. There needs to be an alternative which is both fun and repeatable, to make sure that everyone can enjoy DU for the longest amount of time, so i'm asking the playerbase what they would do as a late game activity.

I feel like automining will be getting in there and then territory control. Whether that's space or atmospheric territories.

Missions also have the opportunity to fill in that gap. I would enjoy seeing missions open up that incentivize people who normally play solo to add their effort into a global goal.

Trading people will always have the goal of more money or influence. Industrialists of being able to expand their factories. Builders of taking on larger projects. Programmers stretching the limits of Lua. There's a lot of open ends for people if they're actually looking for them.

So these are ways to earn quantas, to gather for resources, and to craft items. Question is, what is the point of doing these things? Yes, this game lacks the consumption mechanics! What people are gonna do is to build factories and continue to craft, they are gonna use those items to build constructs that are efficient for hauling (this is the ship-building industry in the game), and then they are gonna use these constructs to gather for more resources, and the loop begins again. This is a mining game! 

The consumption mechanics in other MMOs that have content is an RPG progression and/or PVP progression. You can't have a PVP with no progression! There is no incentive to PVP if that is the case! The battlegrounds, duels, sieges, in other PVP MMOs reward you exps and items that contribute to your PVP vertical progression. This is how the economy work in those MMOs! And you people are looking at Eve: a game that has no content! We came from different games and you guys are just starting to figure out how an MMO economy works! Your game (Eve Online) has no economy! How can it have an economy if it has no progression to serve as the consumption mechanics? What Eve Online is, is a single-shard GTA online! In that game, I can just walk into your house, take your computer, and set the house in fire, seriously! Who will play such a game? It's a senseless game!

We are struggling to design a working economy because we are basing this game on a game that has no economy! Even Eve Online right now is copying those MMOs that I described to make their game work! (I heard--correct me here, I don't play that game--that Eve Online just introduced PVE progression which is common sense)

@Eternal you fail to understand the nature off open world games. Most do, don't worry.

EvE has tons of content, it is just created by players. but it only works for players that do not require fixed rails to lead them from point A to B.

You should try an embrace the open world, make your own content and ideas. You want pvp, just attack someone. You want a reason, they have two legs and looked at you funny.

eve has no economy... ROLF

2 sec google search > https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/monthly-economic-report-may-2021

Never ask for content.  because the answer you will recieve is players are supposed to create content.  Instead ask for features. Features are what the devs add that allow players to create content. 

4 hours ago, RugesV said:

Instead ask for features. Features are what the devs add that allow players to create content.

Great in principle, and one of the things that made me found the initial kickstarter.

Problem is that NQ does not seem to be able to deliver on this concept at all. Their pace of development is abysmal, and the most wanted features that players voted for are ignored. And by now the game it filled with unfinished first draft 'features' and long standing bugs and game limitations that are several years old.

1. Surface Mining = I would better play pacman, calling "aim at rock press button wait 3 seconds" gameplay in 2021 should be criminalized
  2. Scanning - tool scan = fun for fist 3 times, hex scan boring even first time you do it. Waiting 15minutes for no reason wtf
  3. Trading = The market interface is an atrocity, landing and navigating markets is nightmare. Any other game I can think of does this better
  4. Hauling + Missions = Staring at your screen for 6 hours while your ship is flying in empty space that you hope will remain empty. \o/ YAY !
  5. Pirating = First 20-30kills are fun, then it's becomes boring + this never involves any "intended" game mechanics. All meta stuff that are unfun. Only reason I was playing this game.
  6. Building = Some may like it. I find it stupid that take any ship build to haul, strip all voxels that people spend days "designing" and it will just fly better...
  7. Industry = Yep, although t1 should require no schematics, it's noob stuff.
  8. and Asteroid Mining. = Same as any other mining, 0 new here. The part where you search for asteroid is lazy af.

What I would like to see ?

1) Game loop that doesn't involve hours of staring at the screen passively or "watching a youtube" etc. I want to play the damn game not watch youtube.

2) Game loop with risk vs reward and PVP. Trust me, asteroid will be very low risk and not that much PVP. There are already working schemes how to completely bypass all the risks and get all the rewards. They are just not public yet as no one gonna share this stuff for no reason. (It's only some poor noobs who gonna do it the way NQ intends)

3) Bugs, this game is currently unplayable in any PVP risky scenario. Most of the player base are unaware to PVP bugs as they never tried it.

Still they could add some content besides features. I think space travel could be enhanced. faster traveling and things to encounter or to discover in space. so it isn't been this direction once, seen it all. Generally space, not only solar system. More active gameloops and more things to interact (for example look at ECO s features of cooperation). Also planets should be more diverse. Add quality levels and unique traits/enhancements to elements. But I guess as it was said above too many basic things still missing.