Putting stuff on live

RugesV

When you guys put stuff onto the live servers. You should work it in before the items  are required.  For instance when .23 came out and required schematics. Instead of everything working fine one day, and the next day its all broken. It would have been much better if you guys released schematics into the world. and say you dont need to use them for the next 30 days. but you can go and pick them up now, so when they are required you dont miss a beat.  Does not need to be done for everything, Just a bunch of the critical things. 

For instance. Shields are going to be a huge game changer.  Voxels are getting a huge nerf because of them. (and other things). However PVP is pretty much going to need shields. Thus if you add it all in one day, there is going to be a gap between when players have shields and dont have shields.  What I would propose is a month before you  add shields to live. You add the schematics to live. Allow players to start building them.  And either have it so they cannot be placed on ships until you are ready for them to go live. Or have it so they do not activate until you are ready for them to go live. 

Same thing goes for things like power. You will get another .23 exodus if everyone logs in one day and everything is broken because they need to have power.  Instead put all the stuff in before power is required. That way people can build/buy the power sources before they are required. 

1 hour ago, RugesV said:

When you guys put stuff onto the live servers. You should work it in before the items  are required.  For instance when .23 came out and required schematics. Instead of everything working fine one day, and the next day its all broken. It would have been much better if you guys released schematics into the world. and say you dont need to use them for the next 30 days. but you can go and pick them up now, so when they are required you dont miss a beat.  Does not need to be done for everything, Just a bunch of the critical things. 

For instance. Shields are going to be a huge game changer.  Voxels are getting a huge nerf because of them. (and other things). However PVP is pretty much going to need shields. Thus if you add it all in one day, there is going to be a gap between when players have shields and dont have shields.  What I would propose is a month before you  add shields to live. You add the schematics to live. Allow players to start building them.  And either have it so they cannot be placed on ships until you are ready for them to go live. Or have it so they do not activate until you are ready for them to go live. 

Same thing goes for things like power. You will get another .23 exodus if everyone logs in one day and everything is broken because they need to have power.  Instead put all the stuff in before power is required. That way people can build/buy the power sources before they are required. 

they did this already with parcel containers, you could buy them a month or so before they came out

58 minutes ago, Shaman said:

they did this already with parcel containers, you could buy them a month or so before they came out

~yea....   That was more of them releasing the patch that was supposed to use the containers. And then an hour later shuting down the server. and taking out the part that used the containers because of an exploit or it was broken or something. 

The PTS is open, we know how much the schematics (may) cost, we need to know what you need to make them (currently).

This gives us enough to save up the quanta for the schematics, have the production lines ready and at the point that all re have to do is plug in the schematics and press start.

I know it doesn’t go all the way, but it means you can be ready to press fly to the purchase point, purchase, come back and press start. That’s not the same but pretty close right?

3 hours ago, CoyoteNZ said:

The PTS is open, we know how much the schematics (may) cost, we need to know what you need to make them (currently).

This gives us enough to save up the quanta for the schematics, have the production lines ready and at the point that all re have to do is plug in the schematics and press start.

I know it doesn’t go all the way, but it means you can be ready to press fly to the purchase point, purchase, come back and press start. That’s not the same but pretty close right?

except for the part where it goin to takes 4 days to produce one of the ingredients. and another 4 days to produce the final product. So your looking at 8 days of being shieldless. More if you dont hae 200m+ laying around to buy the schematics right away. 

34 minutes ago, RugesV said:

except for the part where it goin to takes 4 days to produce one of the ingredients. and another 4 days to produce the final product. So your looking at 8 days of being shieldless. More if you dont hae 200m+ laying around to buy the schematics right away. 

I dont see the issue? You want them to just hand you the items?

Just now, Smokinkills said:

I dont see the issue? You want them to just hand you the items?

The problem is stuff works one day. and then they roll out the patch and it does not work the next. 

Imagine if ships did not require fuel. And then they released a patch that required ships to consume fuel.  However they did not release the stuff that you need to make fuel until the same day they released the patch that requires fuel.  There is no reason not to release the stuff that allows you to make the fuel days before its required that way people can  be prepared. Unless your an anarchist, and want to watch the world descend into chaos. 

Its not about getting items for free. Its about allowing players to prepare and adjust to new mechanics.  I am not saying give everyone the schematics. I am saying put them on the market like they would normally be. and allow players to build the stuff before its actually required. 

I dont understand why anyone would be against this. Unless they are an anarchist. 

I normally wouldn't support this argument. But it is beta. Of course the game shouldnt be broken by a patch. Yet I don't see how that is the case, if u had to wait four days to get shield generators. I rather support regular adaption, evolvement and testing in beta. But yes ideally they would implement new features in a way that ensures smooth transition.