Interesting poll in Starbase reddit

Cheith

While not exactly a scientific poll I was interested to see that the number one reason for wanting to play Starbase was ship building. PvP was a distant (like 1/3 of the number) second closely followed by space exploration and factories. I would be really interested to see what a similar poll (tweaked obviously) looked like for EVE.

Poll is bit unrepresentative, because majority of voters -- current active old fans, who, like in DU, represented mostly by hardcore pve builders (also invites were with "invite friend" component). This formed specific demography slice. 

So, before Early Access they likely overpower any vote like this purely statisticly. Majority of later arriving population likely be more PvP inclined.

2 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Poll is bit unrepresentative, because majority of voters -- current active old fans, who, like in DU, represented mostly by hardcore pve builders (also invites were with "invite friend" component). This formed specific demography slice. 

So, before Early Access they likely overpower any vote like this purely statisticly. Majority of later arriving population likely be more PvP inclined.

I don't know - the more I think about it 1/7th likely is about right. You have to be hardcore to successfully PvP and the big percentage for MMOs these days is just not hardcore.

Starbase could be interesting. I will have to check the ganking/griefing factor of their PvP mechanics. If I do not like it, it is not for me. PvP and PvE should never mix.

In DU and with the Astroid update and the possibility to mine higher tier ore only in PvP zones - I think I am out soon. My subscription is stopped already. Who finds my tiles, they are yours.

2 hours ago, FredyKyong said:

In DU and with the Astroid update and the possibility to mine higher tier ore only in PvP zones - I think I am out soon.

From this comment I suspect you are playing (more-or-less) solo. So I'm curious as to why the fixation on T4&5 ores? Would you be "out" at some later point in time even if they were available in safe zones?

8 hours ago, JayleBreak said:

From this comment I suspect you are playing (more-or-less) solo. So I'm curious as to why the fixation on T4&5 ores? Would you be "out" at some later point in time even if they were available in safe zones?

In safe zone the ore does not respawn anymore. At least not as of today. So in the long run I think this will be the only option to fly out to the astroids. Not bad, but not when I am forced to unsafe space to grind - and no, I would not prefer to buy the ore. I want to mine it :)

2 hours ago, FredyKyong said:

In safe zone the ore does not respawn anymore. At least not as of today. So in the long run I think this will be the only option to fly out to the astroids. Not bad, but not when I am forced to unsafe space to grind - and no, I would not prefer to buy the ore. I want to mine it :)

But if planetary mining stays after the asteroid update, there is still plenty of (as far as I have found)t1-t3 to be found in safezones.

Of course depending on your needs. But T1 can easily be found in millions of liters. T2-t3 in the tens of thousands. Even on the inner planets.